It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Camera Shy Big Brother

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We need to organise a widespread police-filming event here in the UK...film them on the beat, film their patrol vehicles and get registration plates, film their actions toward others...and make sure it's done in at least pairs so when one person is challenged and has the lens blocked, the other can keep the cameras rolling

A designated day of mass citizen-video-surveillance of those who surveille us on a designated day and with full knowledge of the legal and civil right to film anyone in authority in a public place

stand-up for your rights to do this...and let's do it en-masse around the UK

As my hero Wolfie Smith always said ..."power to the people!"

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wow, I aplaude all those who contributed to this thread.
To any of the idiots and morons who say that these cops are "just doing there job", well so are terroists, terrorists are "just doing there job", so why don't you cut them some slack, lat off of them for a while eh?
Seriously, the real terroists are the cops, they and the other evils in the government are he ones that are the biggest danger to us.
Yeah, screw you trolls, take your personal attacks and offtopics coments and place them where they belong up your arse.

If someone could point me to a video or documentation or something that shows that the cops are being brainwashed, payed extra, trained or something to act the way they do and te be these piles of vomit that they are being, please, please, please post a link. I want to believe that there is some sort of reasoning behind this insanity, I want to see documentation that proves these cops are being trained or something to act like phychotic, rabid animals.

We need a super heore or something, someone who would be able to disable these cops with out killing them, something needs to be done, the people need to rally up with weapons (maybe rubber bullets, flash bang gernades, teargas ect.) and take these suckers down, you don't bite the hand that feeds you (we are the hand that feeds these idiots).

On a side note, I'm going to start a thread in the Survival where I will post links on how to create your own weapons, remember, what you do with that info is your own business.

OK, here's the link to my new thread:
***Tutorials: Build Your Own Weapons***

-Jimmy

[edit on 5-9-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

IM currently still watching the first video, but the first incident they do not seem like police but rather they are employed by a security company(i cant be sure a s im no expert)

And i think that the asian guy, is used to policing in a communist state and might not be used to laws in the uk yet.

some security providers, notice the uniforms very similar to police:
www.mklsecurity.co.uk...
www.grosvenorsecurity.net...
www.securitycompanyinlondon.co.uk...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by monkeybus]

finished first video, and I think the other clips were despicable, I think it might be down to utter stupidity rather than orders given to them.

The last guy, well lets just say that I would have just snapped(his arms, his legs, his neck) for touching me and harrassing me and my friend. I definatly saw a need for self defence there, especially as at one point he reached for a concealed weapon then changed his mind.(his hand made it look like he was reching for a gun concealed in his trousers) And the law would end up putting HIM through the courts.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by eNumbraPeople are being arrested and harassed for committing no crimes. End of story.

Well, in all honesty, the cops backed down when the ppl in the UK showed they were well versed on their rights.

And the videos of the Americans suspiciously started after the cops were already riled up, so we technically don't know if they were enticing the cops or not (which here in america tends to happen by ppl who want to stir things up for a story). I just find the general cop bashing to show ignorance when you don't have the whole story (at least in the last couple of videos).

Speaking of riling the cops up before the videos begin. I still find this deplorable since just a few days ago, your friend alex was arrested for inciting a riot chanting "kill michelle maulkin." yet, it turns out that the people who were actually chanting it near alex were WITH michelle maulkin. i dont think there are any circumstances where the cops should ever behave this way, riled or not. I saw no crime or threat to the police as the agression grew and grew. what was making them more and more agressive? the fact that the person was still not breaking the law or refusing to submit to an officer for no reason. see, how do we know michelle maulkins friends were not there pissing off those cops to get those people arrested. that is what makes me sick, that the repubs have been CAUGHT purposely posing as protesters and causing more trouble just to get the police riled up against the actual protesters. until we can stop that, these cops need to keep their hands to themselves and just arrest actual trouble makers, not REPORTERS. I am totally on alex' side on this. these people are causing trouble to prevent true and peaceful protestors from being heard and these cops are obviously abusing their authority and going above and beyond what is necessary. Hell, just look at them. They don't look like that cops in my town. they look like meathead millitary rejects that were steroid freaks and bullies in school that had more fun with homoerotic sports than girls. they really like alot of group male contact.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

and to the idiot that is worried about terrorsists video taping buildings to plan attacking them....do you not think that an attack would benefit more from the floorplans to a building which are readily available at the town hall?

you go video tape a building from the outside and then plan your attack and see how well it goes.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

What is really ironic is that because of a post you wrote against Alex, I have analyzed what it is about the guy that I felt defensive of. Come to find out, it has more to do with the fact that I knew him than the fact that I agree with him.

I think the tactics used, no matter how good the intentions (which I do believe are good) will do nothing but incite more fear and anger. People are getting unruly and not being wise when they take action. He promotes violence (which I am not against self defense in the least, but never were we taught by our forefathers to LOOK for trouble) and feelings of hate and that I can not condone.

I have known good men that are cops that would give their life to save a fellow citizen. This hatred for them in general is growing more and more on this board and it is becoming more apparent that most are starting to give little regard to what they are saying and how their emotions could impact things for the worse.

Wisdom is being thrown out for blind hatred and fear... in the end, if this continues, more harm will be done than good. Innocent lives will be destroyed and control will ensue because you will be giving proof to whoever "they" are that you need to be controlled. You are programming yourselves exactly as you were meant to be. Ever wonder why they allow for this kind of talk? think about it.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here's an excellent video of the grand-master of legal-disobedience in action

..the one and only Mark Thomas...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
How can the elites possibly hope to get away with this?

Think about this for a minute. The information age is out of the bag. Everyone has a video capeable phone or will have one in a few years. The internet allows for instant dissemination of information. The new generation of kids are already part of this, and know the technology inside out, and are networked globally due to online gaming and facebooks, messengers, ircs, etc etc.

How do they expect to have a fascist society when every single thing they do will soon be documented? It's going to work both ways. For them to stop this they would literally have to take us back to the stone age. Which is perhaps why they are so hellbent on war.

1984 is a doomed scenario, quite simply because, contrary to that movie, the people themselves are begining to realise they have a far more effective network than the elites ever had... AND strength in numbers. The people's net is thrown far far wider and is far far tighter nit.

To borrow a term from Alex Jones, we truely are fighting in the infowars, each and every one of us, like it or not.

How the hell do you pull off a police state when you're being filmed live all the time? Because this is where we're heading. It's going to be histerically stupid.

There isn't enough flouride in the world to stop people from seeing what will be going on. And here was me thinking these folks were intelligent and subtle...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal LightWith all do respect, if you look around, you'll see that is exactly what's going on.

Funny! I was thinking the same thing only I am doubting most of you can.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. ~Frank Herbert, Dune Chronicles

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well on a positive note that first video kinda gives hints on how to defend ourselves against this whole tyranny supporting legal criminal behavior from the cops, and their damn cameras.

To film them, on and on, until they get insane and get your friedns to back you up when they get to harass you.

For each and everyone of us, in such a situation when an individual is being harassed and threatened in public, we've gotta wake up and support this person by intimidating back the cops, rather than looking at the scene like idiots. The more we are to act, the bigger chances we have to repel these legal bandits away.

Seems like the only efficient weapons we've got against the Police State is in fact its very own weapons... i.e. invasive cameras, conspiring, intimidation, harassment and an even more disgusting kind of violence against their person if they don't wanna back down.

[edit on 5/9/08 by Echtelion]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Good job once again DD.

I wonder how long it will take for the influx of posters telling us this is for our own good, and that if we dont have anything to hide why does it matter?

Oddly enough, they will not question why if the PTB has nothing to hide, why they seem to care so much about the public filming them.

I don't think being arrested is for their own good, but there is information missing out of the video. It cuts out and we don't get to see what they did, we also don't get to see the beginning in the entirety. I haven't researched it so I don't know, but I imagine they had areas roped off that people weren't supposed to go and maybe they, in search of a story, were plowing through feeling that the rules didn't apply to them?
That being said, it would be nice to see during one of these arrests the people rise up and refuse to allow someone to be arrested, if they were actually arrested for nothing.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
just something to think about:

Q…How would it colour my perceptions of regular people if, say, 30% of the people I encounter on a regular basis really are bad people? Would that make me more likely to make negative assumptions about them? Would that alter my perception of good and evil in human nature?
A…I would have to say yes it has certainly colored my perception of all people. Day in and day out officers deal with people no one else in society wants to deal with. After dealing with these people most of the time it is hard not to have a negative opinion about people in general. Officers think to themselves how can people do these type of things to each other. My perception is simple. There is GOOD and there is EVIL. We the police represent the GOOD and we deal with the EVIL.

www.canadacops.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What is sad, people tend to not realize that America was "supposedly" founded of the people, by the people, for the people. The government is supposed to be under our control not the other way around. Even if it looked like it was slowly reversing, now with so many people, they could just corrupt our "representatives".

[edit on 5-9-2008 by thehype16]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
How can the elites possibly hope to get away with this?

Unfortunately, the elite do not have to worry about "hope" as normal people do. Just about every massive movement by blue-collars/serfs has revolved around hope. That's all we have.

The elite don't need such things. All they need to do, is keep things as they are.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

For the most part I agree. You know I feel Alex is usually more of a detriment for his violent rants and calls to arm up and fight back, but I cannot stand these kinds of tactics being used to silence real peaceful protesters here in the U.S. It just makes me sad.
I also have to say that I think there is a little something to the growing hatred of cops. I myself have never dealt with a cop that made me mad. I was either dealing with them for help or, they had me red handed and I was wrong. They have always been really cool with me but there does seem to be a whole new breed of cop being put out in the street. I think it coincides nicely with this new breed of soldier with lower standards and less rules; bread to be meaner, less human, more aggressive. but that is just my oppinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here's the Link to the promissed thread!!!

***Tutorials: Build Your Own Weapons***

Sorry mods for the offtopic post,

sadly, I believe there's only one way to change things.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

I agree. I have, for the most part, been treated with respect and in most cases even been let off by cops. (speaking of traffic tickets and such. And I am a speeder, well over 5 miles.... have places to be ya know
)

But I always show respect. I also take into consideration, these men and women are quite often dealing with the scum of society and I probably would have a distorted view of fellow humans if I dealt with scum as often as they do. So, I keep this in mind when, say, I am pulled over for speeding. I keep both hands on my steering wheel. Do I have to? nah, but it is called understanding and respect for a fellow human who is unsure as to what he is approaching.

When protests occur, there are so many times they turn ugly and quite often on purpose by the protestors so they can cry "police state, see!!" so, these cops are already on guard. IF it was you in their position, could you blame them?

I am not saying that there aren't bad cops, but unfortunately ppl don't post up videos showing the truth. They tend to only post up the bad stuff. The truth is, most cops are like us and go into their field for the right reasons. Can you imagine wanting to protect the public and then you do only to get treated by the majority of society like you are an evil bastard? helloooo people call them pigs all the time.

*can't believe I am defending them* but if I am honest with myself, I have ALWAYS been dealt with fairly and that is because I don't give them reason to treat me otherwise.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Something, I can't stand about some cops is the unjustification of action vs. action. What I mean by this is, look at the stories and episodes of cops using much greater force than needed. Example, cases of cops using guns on victims without guns, when they could've easliy walked away with a bruise but no there's a man with a bullet in him. Just the other night I was watching Cops(tv), and I saw two cops trying to assess a loud annoying woman. Do you know what happened? those 2 could've arrested her bare handed but no she gets the tazer gun. The fact that some cops, give threatful warnings in a not needed situation shows they are getting ready to cover their butt if its on tape, or repeated, or recorded. Much more I could say...

I realize cops are individual people making individual or peer influenced decisions, still no need to generalize them, I have met and sat down with a couple of cops. From what I heard or understand or from my own situations with them I know they(some) would use pepper spray, tazers, clubs before having to struggle with a citizen or take a hit.

One more thing I should say...Sean Bell.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

all I get is an error page to your link.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Because you see things from a distorted view as you were meant to. You don't see things as they are. You have fallen prey to the very thing you were meant to fall prey to. Grow up and realize that you are only seeing what you are supposed to see, not what is.

For all those who believe in the elite, the police, you must admit are not the elite. If you believe this theory, at the very least understand the meaning behind "divide to conquer."

Cops are NOT the enemy and if they are it is because they are falling to the same self delusions that you are. Handle yourself like the Brit who was filming inside the bounderies of his home. Logical, rational, wise, and calm. Don't incite evil from your fellow citizens (which police are if you could see past your filtered view) or that makes you no better than what you claim them to be.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Things are not "as they are", things are always in flux. The serfs have accomplished a lot, and even in these days of added complexity and chaos, humanity is still holding out against the least of itself that seem to own most of what there is to own.

I don't think it's about hope to be honest, it's simple arithmetic of human spirits, good subtracting bad. And I still think the number of good folks > bad folks. This is just a simple reality in my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join