It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Camera Shy Big Brother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
absolutely... rancid! who would have ever thought that pigs could be so disgusting?!
i mean, i knew pork was bad for us, but this is becoming a major hazard to our health and well-being!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Terrible, who the hell do these police think they are - sadistic, issue riddled, pathetic, small mind complexed idiots who wear a uniform because the cant deal with their pointless and mundane lives. So lets take it out on anyone in the name of the 'law' just so they can feel a bit of substance and worth in their meaningless existence.

I think they forgot that people are literate and that we know the law, better than them in some cases, well if that s all they have got, when the time comes we should be able to outwit them at least !

I remember them all the time from a kid in England, always trying to stop and search you, asking all sorts of questions, trying to get a rise out of you and your details. Even as kids we would tell them bollocks you need reasonable suspicion or cause.

Anyway sorry if it seems a bit of a rant, but it is terrible.

Nice post DD, cheers

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
Sadly, there is nothing we can do but submit. You have seen all the videos. Just go peacefully and get out easy with your video evidence.

are you freaking crazy, there's lots you can do. for a start their's passive resistance, lay on the floor and go limp. let them cuff you but be totally limp, it'll take at least two people to lift the average person.

then once you have been arrested and released, sue for wrongful arrest!!

regarding the videos, to me it seemed as if the british cops were trying to get the people to stop filming where as the american cops were arresting people for something other than filming, considering i didn't actually notice the police interfering with the cameras in either piece of footage.

they were a lot more aggressive, fair enough, but then the british cops are trained differently because they don't have to worry about everybody being armed!! i think the two things are apples and oranges, but it's just an observation.

oh, and by the way, be careful with this issue if you aren't brittish or american, a lot of countries have laws that prohibit filming of police (i'm not sure about state legislation in the US but i would imagine its possible to be locally prohibited). it's a good idea to check before you go ahead and film a cop just to get a thrill, you might find your camera confiscated pretty quick.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by pieman]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The official defense being offered by the DPD for the arrest of the ABC producer is " He was blocking the sidewalk " They obviously pulled that one out of their ass. I am not a lawyer, however I often wonder if one can ever claim self defense when being assaulted by one of these thugs ? Being pushed into the street certainly would seem to be enough reason to punch that fat bastard in the throat. No false bravado just curious. If nothing else, I will purchase a video camera.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Its right to not have cameras everywhere but if you really feel the government is watching us then i feel you have gone to deep into this whole government controlling us problem. Yes that police official was being very aggressive towards that reporter but that was the coppers personal problem with that guy. How can you possibly put it as if every policeman is the same, there not. Many like to abuse there status but most do there job as specified. Now the filming in public is very touchy subject, you could be a terrorist filming an area for future ideas of a terrorist attack. Now would you rather allow the government to allow anyone to video tape any building of there choice or would you like it to continue and stop the many problems it has already stopped. Now its not the government that has implied these precautions its the people who have lost people dew to terrorist attacks. Now if i had lost someone in something like that, i would also enforce that not cameras are aloud to film in places where people like that would film. Now they filming in public, like i say. Thats a personal problem with the camera guy and the police officials. isn't it! Stop acting as if our freedoms are being taken away from us because the laws in which we abide by these days have been thought up by you and me and been turned into laws.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyCommentMatters

Now the filming in public is very touchy subject, you could be a terrorist filming an area for future ideas of a terrorist attack. Now would you rather allow the government to allow anyone to video tape any building of there choice or would you like it to continue and stop the many problems it has already stopped.

I don't mind anybody filming what ever they want in a public setting

Now its not the government that has implied these precautions its the people who have lost people dew to terrorist attacks. Now if i had lost someone in something like that, i would also enforce that not cameras are aloud to film in places where people like that would film. Now they filming in public, like i say. Thats a personal problem with the camera guy and the police officials. isn't it!
That's your personal feeling on the matter. I, however, would not be bothered by someone filming in public just because I know someone who died in a terrorist attack in which it's cause is deeply rooted in the foreign policy of my country.

Stop acting as if our freedoms are being taken away from us because the laws in which we abide by these days have been thought up by you and me and been turned into laws.

People are being arrested and harassed for committing no crimes. End of story.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I hate videos that remove the pause button so that I cannot pause it and let it buffer all the way before I watch it. That is censorship.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The following is something I posted in another thread I thought some may want to here it here as well. Camara men being sprayed point blank in the face with mace... for filming; for being journalist. It is sick. I am just steaming and shaking with anger. If you think the quote doesn't pertain I will delete. I just thought maybe some would like to hear more about the "riots" at the RNC. These were mostly peaceful protesters marching down the street. Don't listen to the garbage the twisted about the protestors!

Thanks for this thread DD.

Not that it seems that it will matter to many of the negative responders to this thread -I do hope it does, but the OP is telling it like it is and I thank him for having the courage to place himself in harms way to voice his peaceful protest. I live in Minneapolis and over the week I have talked to friends and have heard everything the same as this OP is saying as well as viewing some of the horrific videos showing peaceful protesters being trampled and assaulted. These people did not have weapons, they did not attack police, they were unlawfully attacked and detained. All of the stories I have heard were told just now on MPR (Minnesota Public Radio). Of course the mayor denies and the police denies, but you talk to the people. The peaceful people who just wanted to march and be heard. The police barricaded them shot rubber bullets at them, mace at zero pt. blank, pointed guns at their heads, beat and bullied. It discusts me the ammount of you who want to remain blind and eat up all the bogus propaganda about the scary "anarchists.' Yes there were few more violent people who actually called themselves anarchists but this also was blown way out of proportion. There were false entries into homes and contrived "evidence" found, people falsely arrested. Scary. This kind of scary bullying is why I was a coward and stayed at home. If I did not have two children I would have gone to peacefully protest. But to fear my safety and possible unlawful arrest to remain in jail for days was something I couldn't sacrifice for my children's sake. Thank you to all the protesters who were there to help keep safe our freedoms by spotlighting and enduring the militarization that seems obvious that is happening. light and love, -anyone

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I love how people bash on the cops like they get arrested everyday.

What a joke.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbraPeople are being arrested and harassed for committing no crimes. End of story.

Well, in all honesty, the cops backed down when the ppl in the UK showed they were well versed on their rights.

And the videos of the Americans suspiciously started after the cops were already riled up, so we technically don't know if they were enticing the cops or not (which here in america tends to happen by ppl who want to stir things up for a story). I just find the general cop bashing to show ignorance when you don't have the whole story (at least in the last couple of videos).

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is at least civilized in western countries. You have no idea how police treats people in 3rd world countries such as India and Pakistan etc. People are so scared to even start a gathering in public because they're afraid that police might shoot then on the street. This is only scratching the surface here guys. These people think its about time us "western" people got the taste of totalitarian agenda. And we can all thanks Mr. Bush for that i hope he burns in hell.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Its right to not have cameras everywhere but if you really feel the government is watching us then i feel you have gone to deep into this whole government controlling us problem. Yes that police official was being very aggressive towards that reporter but that was the coppers personal problem with that guy. How can you possibly put it as if every policeman is the same, there not. Many like to abuse there status but most do there job as specified. Now the filming in public is very touchy subject, you could be a terrorist filming an area for future ideas of a terrorist attack. Now would you rather allow the government to allow anyone to video tape any building of there choice or would you like it to continue and stop the many problems it has already stopped. Now its not the government that has implied these precautions its the people who have lost people dew to terrorist attacks. Now if i had lost someone in something like that, i would also enforce that not cameras are aloud to film in places where people like that would film. Now they filming in public, like i say. Thats a personal problem with the camera guy and the police officials. isn't it! Stop acting as if our freedoms are being taken away from us because the laws in which we abide by these days have been thought up by you and me and been turned into laws.

Let me ask you, if you were the emperor of Rome in 10 century and had all the power wouldn't you think after a while it would have gotten to your head. Power turns in to ignorance and ignorance in to fascism

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There was a story over here in the uk just after the train bombings where a train spotter was arrested for taken pictures of trains on a PUBLIC path.

People claim that it is to stop terrorists scouting out places but come on, 9/11 and 7/7 doesnt mean they need to take away all our rights.
Seeing as the gov.s claim that there are cells all over the place how come we dont get attacked every week.

Either MI5 are good at their job or the threat is overblown, like internet viruses.

I think its time more people learnt what rights they have so stop themselves getting arrested when they neednt be.

Although it seems you can get stitched up for anything in the US and what with all the tazers flying about its probably best not to push your rights whereas here in the uk if you know your rights there is nothing they can do.

If you are going to do anything, like films or pictures, just remember DONT get aggressive otherwise they will arrest you.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Jeez...Here's a whole SLEW of videos from Journalists covering the total Police State nonsense occurring at the RNC in St. Paul...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by eNumbraPeople are being arrested and harassed for committing no crimes. End of story.

Well, in all honesty, the cops backed down when the ppl in the UK showed they were well versed on their rights.

And the videos of the Americans suspiciously started after the cops were already riled up, so we technically don't know if they were enticing the cops or not (which here in america tends to happen by ppl who want to stir things up for a story). I just find the general cop bashing to show ignorance when you don't have the whole story (at least in the last couple of videos).

That is the truth, but the ABC producer's story was covered, and though the UK police backed off they're still harassing citizens for what reason? For their own ignorance of the law? Is that who we want protecting the streets?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well Let Me Say A Little Something Here . I Have Dealt With A Hole Cops Pretty Much My Whole Life And Let Me Tell You , When You Are Doing Absolutely Nothing Wrong Legally They Can Not Make You Stop What Your Doing , You Don't Have To Show Them Any Identification Unless You Are Being Investigated For A Crime ., And They Don't Have The Right To Put Hands On You For Anything Else Except A Legal Arrest . When Ever I've Been Hassled By Some Stooge Cop I Challenge Them To Show Me What Law's I've Broken And To Show Me In Their Little Code Book Where And What Statute . And Nine Times Out Of Ten They Get In Their Little Piggy Cars And High Tail It Out Of My Area To Go Hassle SomeBody Else . Lets Get This Straight , I'm No Punk Kid , I Believe In Following Certain Laws When They Are Right But I'll Be Damned If I'll Allow Myself To Be Hassled And Manhandled By Anyone Period . I've Lived Hard , Worked Hard , Played Hard And Served My Country Proudly And I Refuse To Be Intimidated By Some Idiot That Thinks That A Tin Badge And A Gun Gives Him Power To Bully People Just Because He Thinks he Can ! Folks You Have Rights That No one Can Take From you Unless You Allow Them To. Stop Allowing Them To Trample Those Rights . Take A Stand . Because The More You Allow Them To Take The More They Will Insist On Taking.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Now the filming in public is very touchy subject, you could be a terrorist filming an area for future ideas of a terrorist attack. Now would you rather allow the government to allow anyone to video tape any building of there choice or would you like it to continue and stop the many problems it has already stopped.

I understand what you are trying to say here but it is completely irrelevant to this discussion. The reporter was NOT filming the building to plan a terrorist attack. The kids on skateboards AREN'T filming the sidewalks to perform terrorist attacks. Now, if they were simply walking by sensitive buildings filming for no reason that is a COMPLETELY different story.

I know you are trying to defend the general police officer but what this story is about is the ever increasing 'police state' tactics being utilized more and more by the bigger departments in this country. The general officer in the country is still there for the purpose he applied for. To protect and serve. However, we are seeing more and more of the gorilla tactics by the former 'military' servicemen and women joining our police force.

Why? I would say that there are a few factors. One is the fact that the military personnel are trained to kill and control their opponents. To be 'pre-emptive' on the spot instead of acting on actual crimes. Second (but definitely not last) there is an ever increasing issue with the abuse of steroids in the police forces throughout the country. We all know what happens when steroids are abused. The temper snaps quickly and people act irrationally.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
And the videos of the Americans suspiciously started after the cops were already riled up, so we technically don't know if they were enticing the cops or not. I just find the general cop bashing to show ignorance when you don't have the whole story.

couldn't agree more, it's getting to a boy who cried wolf level. there are lots of police state measures around but cops with a superiority complex hardly qualifies, thats the worst thing i can say about the american videos.

Originally posted by Salvatore_Rubberface
This is at least civilized in western countries. You have no idea how police treats people in 3rd world countries such as India and Pakistan etc. People are so scared to even start a gathering in public because they're afraid that police might shoot then on the street.

i don't see it, what exactly are you refering to? i've seen tons of footage of protests from india and pakistan.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Yeah...sounds good! Enjoy the beatings...

Don't you think that this baiting might cause some of that famous police brutality?

Do it in L.A.

Case won...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If people are not free or allowed to use camera on whatever subjects they think it's restricted, then why are we allowing all these establishments or authorities install cameras anywhere and everywhere? Guys, let's just stop complaining and just get busy with other things like hollywood, sports, entertaiment, etc. I mean what's the use if we cannot do anything about these thugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join