It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Camera Shy Big Brother

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
When the news regarding the reality of intelligent extraterrestial life is finally released to the public through official channels there is sadly a need for mass control. Many people on this planet would do many bad things if they did not believe there was a god somewhere that would punish them if they did; if you take away their god it is obvious that they are dangerous. There will most likely also be other social and economic unrest for several years after the news is released. In a large part of the world religion is the fabric that holds the society together, if you were to take away religion you must replace it with something else, and mass control is our best option. I believe that mass control is needed and important, anything else is unresponsible, and could mean more pain for the human race than is necessary. Dont be afaid of the future, be happy that we have such wise leaders that have clandestinely prepared this for us though centuries, we are as a race heading for a wonderful time, be happy to be alive when it happends. It wont be easy, but compare it to a birth; after the baby is born all pain is forgotten and happyness takes it place.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on all counts.

Mass control will be needed if ET life is confirmed, because of people not believing in God anymore? Is that what you are saying?

If so, look what is has been, and is currently taking place in this world often times in the name OF god.

Freeing people from shackles of all sorts does not equate to complete anarchy and chaos, it merely empowers them that they are no longer "property" and "subservient" to those who would wish to keep them under control.

It is time for this control system to be unraveled for the sham that it is, and for people to awaken on a mass scale that things do not have to continue as they have for the past couple thousand years.

A few Elite should not hold the rest of us under their thumb.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
The only offense is to take photos or video on private property without the permission of the owners or managers of the establishment. In a public square or on a public street there is no offense possible under the law.

That will soon change as our streets, road ways and even side walks are privatized and sold to companies

That is one thing that will never happen.

No company would put its wealth at risk to people suing it everytime they trip up on a slightly raised flagstone or rip tendons while twisting their ankle in a pothole.

Also, taxes would have to be lowered due to external income from the sale of public property and the fact that we wouldnt need to pay to have them cleaned.

The streets will be ours all day every day my friend

[edit on 5/9/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Im sorry, but I do not agree with your faith in humankind. Face to face you can reason with one person, but large masses are panicy and unpredictable.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Well, I guess then you'll enjoy the new Fascist Police State that is erecting itself all around us.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Fascism, as I am sure you know, is far more than surveilance and mass control. I do not believe that more surveilance alone would classify a country as a fascist state. Fascism is a one party rule, social control, price control, wage control, cultural control, and basically control over all aspects of life. A totaliterian state.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I was on my way home from work when a news snippet came over the radio about arrests at the DNC. The Denver chief said and I quote "The only people who got arrested were the people who WANTED to be arrested." Then the news went to some pop-culture update. All I could think about was the thousands of people in their cars driving home thinking everything is business as usual.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

With all do respect, if you look around, you'll see that is exactly what's going on.

To your original post, you are allowed to have your opinion as everyone else is entitled to. People should have the free choice whether to be controlled or not. I would bet almost everyone would bet not

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Universal Light]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

When the news regarding the reality of intelligent extraterrestial life is finally released to the public through official channels there is sadly a need for mass control. Many people on this planet would do many bad things if they did not believe there was a god somewhere that would punish them if they did;

I cannot disagree with this point more. You are looking at this from one of two (maybe more) points of view. Either a) you subconsciously feel that without God you would do bad things or; b) you have zero faith in mankind in general. You believe the BS that most religions teach where man is naturally evil.

Also, why would the appearance of a non-terrestrial being mean there is no God? That makes absolutely no sense. It would crush the general Christian belief that God created only us on this tiny little speck of rock among the trillions of other planetary systems in this universe. But it wouldn't mean that God did not exist.

if you take away their god it is obvious that they are dangerous. There will most likely also be other social and economic unrest for several years after the news is released.

I seriously think that either, again, you underestimate your fellow man or that you are being told this *drum roll*, at church.

I don't believe this would happen at all. In America we are becoming more and more familiar with the chance of ET life existing and possibly visiting us. If you truly study many of the 'third world' nations you will find a history of 'myths' that speak of ET contact.

I don't think there will be unrest for years to come. Maybe in the religious world but not in the everyday world.

In a large part of the world religion is the fabric that holds the society together, if you were to take away religion you must replace it with something else, and mass control is our best option.

There are two ways to look at this. Religion can be huge for communities but in the largest part of the world it is the biggest wedge found within societies. Religion is the cause of many many many conflicts and bloodshed.

Why would religion need to be replaced with anything? In other words, from your own mouth (hands), you are saying that religion is there to control the masses. Without it, we would need some other form of control and you are saying that the government is the best bet?

Without trying to be mean or rude I would suggest that you rethink what you are saying and truly research this subject because I feel if you do, you will be sickened by what you are saying now.

I believe that mass control is needed and important, anything else is unresponsible, and could mean more pain for the human race than is necessary. Dont be afaid of the future, be happy that we have such wise leaders that have clandestinely prepared this for us though centuries, we are as a race heading for a wonderful time, be happy to be alive when it happends. It wont be easy, but compare it to a birth; after the baby is born all pain is forgotten and happyness takes it place.

Now you just sound like a government sponsor or religious sponsor for brainwashing.

"Nothing to see here, keep moving. Close your eyes and just be happy. It doesn't matter that you don't know what true happiness is, just be happy as we tell you that happiness is."

Again, I think either you are in for a HUGE shock or you know full well that you are pushing a bunch of BS here.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya

Im sorry, but I do not agree with your faith in humankind. Face to face you can reason with one person, but large masses are panicy and unpredictable.

I'm sorry, it is obvious that you most likely live in a very crime ridden area where you have zero faith in mankind. Even in a large group the general nature of a community is to live in peace. It is only when that peace is threatoned by outside forces that they become violent. And it's usually not towards each other.

You should seriously study human nature and psychology before writing us off my friend.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Below are a few quotes that I have posted on another thread. They apply here just as well as they do in the original threads.

In a conflict, the historical representation is always awarded to those who have either won the conflict or those who have provided the best documentation of the conflict. If you are out numbered and over powered, do not be "out camera’d", so to say.

The stories that contrast your report gain notoriety, if for no other reason, simply because the opposition has sound bite and video bite, in sufficient quantity to do so. So noted are those who cover an event with video footage of the entire event, start to finish, as they have the ability to "edit" in accordance to their will, opinion, or political orientation.

Everyone has an agenda, everyone has an opinion, everyone has a belief, always remember this and it will benefit you, over those who deny these facts.

I am one who was there in the sixties and seventies and remember the times well enough to note certain similarities between then and now. I would remind everyone that laws must be altered and then maintained in a way to assure that the enforcers of the law are held equally accountable for their own actions as to those they serve or administer. If not, we will continue to have a mob of armed thugs in control of our streets and homes.

Take some friends to these events, with plenty of cameras and batteries. Setup observation points ahead of or before an event, out of harms way and record everything, from start to finish. It’s one thing to represent, it’s another game altogether to show the world what really happens.

This is how the news media captures exactly what they need, be they left or be they right. True, the only thing seen on the evening news is a few seconds of an event, but what is displayed is what THAT media wants to show you. It’s called editing, it is intentional and serves the purpose of delivering a specific agenda or spin and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it once you understand how it’s done.

That’s how it works. Did you really think that the news media “discovered” a prevailing attitude? Come on, you guys are smarter than that. It’s just like when the engineer “accidently” left Jesse Jackson’s microphone hot. That was a gift from a disgruntled soundboard engineer, tired of listening to another politician getting away with hypocrisy. Consider it a gift, while you can, anytime you hear someone on the air speak in a manner that doesn’t match their routine persona.

Keep the cameras on the police and the politicians, pay attention to the laws and the changes, the proposed changes, etc and be vigilant about your government. Remember, they will get away with only what you let them. They want you distracted, they want you apathetic, they want you to be too busy to notice them, and that is how and when they become corrupt. They are just as human as everyone else and succumb to the same temptations

Think of police and politicians as employees of a business that you own. How long will you let them work your business, without you checking up on them?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'm with you on the other two, but you should have left the Amy Goodman stuff out of it, as it is not related and she was not filming or acting as a journalist. She was getting herself arrested for notoriety. Journalists and their producers don't organize protests, they report on them from an unbiased viewpoint. She was not arrested for filming anyone.

It looks like Great Britain is a generation ahead of us on the march to Big Brother. Oddly enough, the best report I've seen on this was on Fox News last year. They even went inside one of the rooms where the monitors are and showed them yelling instructions and threats at people on the street.

It was actually humorous and scary at the same time. Some poor person would drop something on the street and a loudspeaker would tell them to pick it up and put it in the trash bin.

I try and imagine that here where I live and I can not. Even the Conservatives would demand the head of legislators foolish enough to attempt it. They sent officers downtown a while back issuing jaywalking tickets to everyone and the whole community said in unison - NO! There are not enough officers to handle real crime as it is and they are pulling them off important duties to give small business owners jaywalking tickets for crossing the street to put a quarter in the meter? They tore up the tickets and learned a lesson. Apparently the Brit's need to stand up for themselves.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
OH MY GOD!!!! I feel like throwing up. If this is true what will be next. This vid. is 17 min. PLEASE WATCH ALL OF IT. WE NEED TO STOP THIS TERRORISM COMING FROM OUR OWN "POLICE."

light and love,
anyone

p.s. anyone viewing this be prepared to hear an assault in horrible description about a 19 year old boy attacked by police after 12 hours without being fed. I am shaking with adrenaline a fear... imagine what he felt.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Kudos to the OP on this. By far the funniest video I have watched in a long time. I love the part when buddy asks the cops for their name. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

Thanks again.

Oh yeah, I feel bad for you guys in the States, things are getting way out of control. That BS with the reporters at the RNC is freightening. Has anybody been able to source out what happened to any of the people arrested. Are they going to sue the police department. It would be interesting to get an update on their where abouts.

It would be really interesting if they don't have jobs anymore.

1 zillion stars for you.

End communication

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here s one from the UK,This man knows his rights and films the cops all the time and is known by them for it.
Sorry about the link but I dont know how to put a youtube video up.(maybe some one can do it for me).
Anyway here s the LINK.EDIT: SORRY its in the OP my mistake i missed it.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by freemindmine]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

that video is in the Op. Im a Freelance photographer here in the UK and yea, the laws as mentioned in the clips are there for all to know. Film in a public place? yea you can. Take stills in a public place? yea you can, untill joe public asks you to pay him or her for copyright because you just caught him on a shot of your favourite aunty doing some shopping. Also, if your in a situation where the police are questioning your rights to take pics or shoot film, dont stop shooting them if your on your own. If you do you risk being arrested for expressing your rights to violently, with no witnesses, or no come back. Please dont imagine its as straight forward as these clips make out, because its not.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by captiva]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Sorry about that I missed the second video somehow.

I understand if you are expressing your rights to violently that the may get arrested,But as for filming them on your own with no witnesses,I would have thought the film is your witnesses is it not.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Ah sorry, need to get back to this... Yes, I was a bit overzealous, it was written in 1949, that was the thing that amazed me, thanks for point this point.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Again good stuff as always DD, starred and flagged.

Wow, just Wow.

At least the British police have some sort of self restraint, and call in to find ut from thier Sergeant about the laws.

That US cop who was most likely haveing an episode of "roid rage", not only assaults the guy, by pushing him into the street, he then wants to charge him with obstructing traffic?????

Wow

Disgusting.

Do police in england carry firearms? I always see them with nightsticks, I never notice a firearms on thier hip, perhaps I'm not looking well enough. But if they don't that could be the difference in behavior. It's like putting a badge on someone, it makes thier head swell up twice the size. You add a firearm to thier hip and thier head increases by 100x's. Too bad it seems thier brain cells diminish however

Word of advice, don't go out trying this stunt in the US, you'll most likely spend a night in the clink, and be treated horribly, put in a small holding cell with 40 guys, where there is standing room only for 24-48 hours weekend depending, before they say sorry and realese you. Also, you definitely want to have a clean record if your gonna do this. Don't try doing this with any pending warrants LOL.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Although I don't know all the circumstances surrounding the video you posted Anyone, and the protest, but it seems to me the main "protester" guy doing most of the talking is comeing off as a bit off a jerk.

He seems to be looking for a confrontation, when the poor assistant guy is being very respectful.

Who knows though as I said maybe this guy has been roughed up a bit in the past few days and had some of his rights violated, but to take it on on this poor guy who happened to be at the receptionists desk to the Mayors office is wrong.

Just saying his whole tone, posture, and everything seems very confrontational.

I mean there's no way this poor guy can know of all these "supposed" incidents of bruttality by C,O.'s takeing place in a jail. Plus come on, they beat him for over an hour? A clear exageration, and it makes his argument look sort of blown up a bit.

Either way, I didn't care fir the protesters in this clip.

They'd be better off spending what little time they have before the hour is up to inform thier fellow protesters that come so and so time, the police will start breaking out the cuffs, so yea, they would have been better off makeing sure all the protesters knew this, and saved this little meeting with the mayors assistant for another day.

But you know something tells me this guy is gonna go out there, and intentionally be a little slow in ending his protest so his fellow camera people can get him cuffed and stuffed on camera, then yell , it was a civil rights violation. When he knew a full hour, perhaps more in advance that the protest had a time limit.

There are peaceful protesters, and there are people looking to start trouble and make it look like the police are being the bad guys.

This guy in the video you posted, is definitely Not a peaceful protester, (anymore) at least. Maybe he was, but maybe he saw some really terribgle acts that I have no idea of, that were in violation of people rights, again I'm not well informed in this particular situation. It's just the confrontational vibe I'm getting off this guy.

There's good cops, and there's bad cops. Just as thier good (peaceful) protesters, and bad protesters (the ones that push the cops to the breaking point. Policemen are human afterall, you have to remember that.

But not to derail the thread, I find it terrible that some people have no clue about the laws of videotaping in public. I even saw a video of a couple skateboarders video-taping a Rent-a-cop (auxilary police), who proceed to assault the teenage kid. Made my stomach turn.

Public space in a "free" country is public. You can take pictures or videotape anything you want. As long as your not useing a high powered zoom lense to look into peoples windows ect.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join