It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
On August 9th I was heading down to Tunbridge Wells in Kent and our SatNav was having a lot of trouble getting a signal. I've never seen it struggle like that before as if there was some kind of interference.

On Sunday 10th I was still in the Tunbridge Wells area and didn't notice any unusual fluctuations in the sky. It was a sunny bright morning in Kent.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
CERN comes to mind...

On August 9th, protons will be piped through LHC magnets for the first time. --BBC News

[edit on 11-8-2008 by SL55T0T0]

Apparently they did test it this weekend.

venturebeat.com...

After the initial test this weekend, the LHC will start up for real on September 10th. At that time, a full-power beam will travel around the accelerator’s 17 mile course and reach 99.99 percent of the speed of light, according to Wired.

And this one.

CERN's Large Hadron Collider has announced the date when the first circulating particle beam will be running through it: September 10.

The exact meaning of this date is open to some debate, however. For example, this weekend CERN is testing the equipment by running particle beams through some sectors of the system. And, even on September 10, the beam will not be up to full strength ... it will have an energy of only about 450 GeV (GeV = billion electron volts), well below the main energy of 14 TeV (TeV = trillion electron volts) which won't be reached until 2009 or, possibly, 2010.

Still, September 10 is the day when the big media events related to the LHC start-up are scheduled. One of the biggest media events will take place on BBC Radio 4, which will broadcast on-site from CERN and have a special radio episode of the BBC (and BBC America) sci-fi hit Torchwood.

physics.about.com...

Spooky.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I would love to register properly but my security settings wont let me!
great message board
I am fascinated by this as i saw this too and have previously posted in this thread
I believe something very strange IS going on
although I do not want to speculate or think too much into what all this means in the grand scheme of things, as I do not want to live my life worrying that the world is going to end soon or we are all going to be sucked into a black hole. too scary to think about that when I have enough day to day mundane things to worry about too, I think I would go mad!
Anyway, I am no expert, I do not pretend to know a great deal about science or physics, although I am sure there are plenty of others on here who know a great deal more!
what fascinates me about this is how it seems to have happened in england and toronto at roughly the same time, dark went light and light went dark, like someone else said, almost like night and day 'swapped' briefly
and also the fact that it is common knowledge that the LHC has began testing ON THIS EXACT DAY
i believe there is no such thing as coincidence
what is also interesting is many electrical and internet problems on this day too. It has blatenly got to be something to do with electromagneticism hasnt it?
and also very interesting that none of the media has picked up on it, dispite someone on this thread already alerting them. cover-up methinks? the media only report on what they are allowed to report. besides, there is a lot else going on in the world at the mo (russia/georgia, the olympics)
very good distraction don't you think ? or is it somehow tied in too? again, no such thing as coincidence.
there is definatly something going on that we dont know about.
also, what is this SOHO that has not been running since the 8th? can someone please tell me as this could be relevant too
also is there anybody who could check if theres anything relevant with the longitude/latitude with toronto and southern england? please excuse my ignorance when it comes to things like this, like i say, i dont pretend to be an expert in science or geography. I just have a healthy interest in the world around me and I like to believe, a good sense of instinct/intuition. and I believe that some thing is going on and it looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way, judging by this message board
this obviously isnt a one-off and has probably been happening for years all over the world, my instincts tell me it is something to do with the electromagnetic field which changes naturally anyway but i think this time the LHC may well have something to do with it, the timing is too perfect
also i may be well of the mark but is there any evidence that electromagnetic disturbance can cause behavioural changes ?I ask just because of all the random acts of violence that seem to be happening recently all over the world. There could be a link.just a little theory of mine anyway

hope i dont get shot down for questioning the norm, which is what happens in the real world anyway, to keep everybody thinking and acting the same and not doubting the media and governments of their countries, and what they are willing to let us know. (because they are always so truthful about these things arn't they?

will try and register properly soon (when i work out how!) and join in properly
will be watching this thread to see any further developments!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by uknumpty

EDIT : retracted i TOTALLY misread the post

[edit on 11-8-2008 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
I got out my atlas and looked to see if there was any pattern regards the places that people have reported observing this from and they all seem to be below a line running roughly in a diagonal from somewhere around the Wash to the Bristol Channel. The one I couldn't be sure about was the one from Northamptonshire. It might be interesting if any other folk who observed this could give some idea of whereabouts they are - nearest town or city perhaps - to see if this pattern can be confirmed, refuted or possibly clarified atall.

Edit - ach, there goes my theory! London didn't get it lol

[edit on 10-8-2008 by skjalddis]

My friend has finally got back to me, her nearest town is Windsor

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
[edit on 11-8-2008 by Swatman]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i think everyone never read my post. im in Arizona and the same thing happened that happened to the original poster in toronto and the other poster in england

btw how do i delete multiple posts?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I know this probably has NOTHING to do with this thread, but just in case, and because others have posted dreams, I'll post a dream I posted about last month.

Yes a few days ago I had a strange dream about something happening to the world. Which is unusual really.

Just to make it quick, basically, I was outside in a city, I remember some sort of giant ship, or mother ship. When I asked people why there was a giant ship right above us, everyone in the city was looking up at it, like it was normal and they were expecting it and like I was silly to ask, they were not scared or anything.

Then suddenly it shot out something independance style. And I saw that it travel all across the world(same way a nuclear bomb travels), at that moment everything went black/dark all over the world, for some reason my body appeared to glow at that moment.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
... The rider on the pale horse has landed, and like in the novel, a fair part of the world's population will be annihilated before the aliens succumb to earthly virus. H. G. Wells was not just writing a novel when he wrote this book - it was prophesy.

No, it was a story. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's all Herbert George Wells was, a sci-fi writer. (And there are no martians either, so that prophecy is proven wrong).

If you are privy to some additional data, can you share that instead of trying to instill a sense of fear with these dramatic statements?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Uh this is weird, i noticed a similar thing happen here (south west England), im unsure of exactly what day it was but it was recent, at the time i was browsing the web which had my full attention, i normally shut my curtains when its too dark out and switch on the lamp, as its a bit of a habit i did this without thinking at the time, i got back to my browsing thinking everything was normal, except after a few minutes i realised actually no it's quite light outside, i then remember checking the time thinking it must have been later than it was but no it was around 4:30pm, i now remember thinking it was odd for a few seconds and then getting back to browsing while forgetting it completely until i saw this thread!

The thing that makes this so weird is that the sky wasn't all that cloudy and the change in light would of had to be quite large for me to get up and shut the curtains without thinking, though i indeed remember it getting pretty dark, especially odd considering the time of day as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've been reading this thread and the Toronto (perhaps propane explosion related) sky lighting up thread. I'm seeing a number of people suggest the sky "cracking". To be perfectly honest with those that suggest this, upon first reading it sounds absolutely ludicrous. The sky cracking sounds like it defies all laws of physics as well as common sense. Of course the posters know this, but when faced with the unknown you can really reach towards any answer, as bizarre as it may sound.

However, during either the summer of either '97 or '98, maybe even '96, I was attending a baseball themed day-camp just a block away from my house in Eastchester NY. There I am standing in Left field while the coach is hitting some pitches out to us when I look up to see that the sky is rippling. I got the attention of the third baseman and center fielder and soon enough the 30 people on the field that day were all staring at this one portion of the sky. Unless there were some Cirrus clouds there to give any indication of what was happening, it would have been invisible. Imagine taking a bed sheet and whipping it up and down in front of you as if you were airing it out or about to spread it over a bed. The sky was doing that with distinguishable "waves". The clouds were unaffected. They rippled right along with the sky and didn't disperse at all. Unless the clouds couldn't have been affected because the ripples were caused by something passing in between us and the clouds, and we were seeing its distortion of the sky beyond. But then what the hell passed by?

If 25 kids and 5 adults can see the sky "rippling", then the sky "ripping" doesn't sound so "out of left field" anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

How interesting...I had a crazy dream as well the night before last night. As far as I remember this the the only ufo dream I ever had. I was with some other people that I forgot. The things I remember are that I actually shot down a ufo ship which then made the huge mothership scan for us and shoot with these big laser beams. I also remember flying a harrier jet plane for some reason. The aliens seemed to be the evil type. The feelings I remember was the fear of trying to escape from the big ship and I believe getting caught too.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i live in luton, near the dunstable downs, i can confirm this i wasnt outside, i was inside and notists a dimming in light as if a cloud come over on a sunny day, but it was allready cloudy out, thats all i can say!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm perplexed. How does this thread deserve 33 flags? Did I miss the evidence? Are people not familiar with shadows?

It was a shadow. Okay next question: what made it?

33 flags seems odd for idle speculation based on annonymous posters with no evidence besides a friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

the shadow was made by clouds - its very common

but there are a lot of stupid people out there - or hoaxers

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Well i can tell you that what our friend seen as the sky darkening at the football was just very fast cloud movement.

The afternoon in Glasgow on Sunday was a case of really heavy rain and then really bright sunlight.

True it was fast the way the shade changed and the TV caught it well but sitting in my lounge it happend a few times.

Nothing out of the ordinary here folks.

Regards.

Outbreak.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by outbreak88

and the light in toronto that everybody is talking about as well was a propane explosion. case solved.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

We've established that you are aggressivly against this thread. Move on already!

You don't have to torture yourself over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join