It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Are you suggesting that this could be part of the bigger warm up that he spoke about?

It's an interesting connection that I hard not made.

Cheers for that.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Our old friend DK is not in hiding anymore. If he ever was at all. Search for his posts and u will see.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This site here provides a cam that records all day..and all night..it provides a down loadable video under the title 'View Yesterday's Timelapse Movie'

Just maybe it was able to snap the frame for that moment =)

going to have to come back to it for the date it happened

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I haven't seen anyone link this old thread about the warning from our old friend D4rk Kn1ght who is off in hiding.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It certainly feels appropriate to do so.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by interestedalways]

Good god that will teach me, I do doubt i'll get a good nights sleep now.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
LOL!

We have to work together and stay on our toes around here!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This happened in 'Sunny Hunny'!

I'm a bit further south in Norfolk and unfortunately I didn't notice this.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So Strange...

And not like Toronto Lighitng up, that had video, and an Explination...

This is odd...

So ill just make some guesses:
Cloud Cover
Big object in space, getting in way of sun

Um, now for my Other-worldly explinaiotns:
Big UFO blocked out the Sun...
Um, you were in the twilight zone for 5 secs...
Someone is playing the greatest Practical joke ever...

Honestly, i have no idea, and i belive you...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I wasn't sure how to respond to this post because my mind is reeling at the moment. But I read the sky lighting up post in canada (apparently explained by the blast??) and then this post here about the sky getting dark and I also read the DarkKnight posting about the impending event of doom........ I find it all quite chilling and brings me to a couple of things I would like to mention that could be related or mean nothing at all.

on the same evening as the canada event and apparently same timing as the UK event, I left work at midnight (i am central us) and saw a huge red moon which is not unusual by any means although I dont think I can recall ever seeing that in the middle of the night, i usually see that at dusk or so... anyways, I thought it was really cool looking so I was looking for a spot to pull over and take a picture of it with my Iphone. When I pulled over and got out of the car (approx 8 min later) I could NOT see the moon in the sky and it was a clear night (I saw plenty of stars). It freaked me out a bit but I put it out of my mind until these postings.

I also want to mention that about a month ago I had a dream about seeing a UFO in the sky (I have never seen one) and what was so unusual is that in the dream, after I saw the UFO, the sky went 'digital' and I dont know how else to describe it..... it was as if the sky turned pixelated if that makes sense. After awaking from the dream I was trying to decipher what it could mean and decided that my initial impression was that it was a warning that when we start seeing strange phenomenon in the sky, we need to beware that it could be fabricated in some way (halographic?)sp? . In any case, Dark Knight's post reminded me of the dream and I thought I would share these things with all of you as it could be related if we feel the threads are also related.

Forgive my ramblings, and I know that I am fairly new here and dont post often but these posts really got me a little freaked LOL

Oh and CERN has started synchronizing the HC this weekend as well.... interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i think its so weird it was bright in canada which can probaly be explained due to the explosion and then dark in the uk and reports of red moons and in ohio it felt like 30 degrees cooler then normal lol thats probaly unrelated but i dont know could it be blue beam? or the LHC idk i want it to happen again tonight and i wanna see it it sounds freaking awsome and scary.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaloManiacal

we had a red moon in san diego, ca. I'm not entirely sure what causes it but isn't that just simple atmospheric condition, like when sometimes the sun rises red?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

There was a thread about two weeks ago that dealt with those of us who had noticed the very same thing regarding the Moon. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I stand by my statement in that thread, and believe the OP here, even if he turns out to be a liar..( I mean I believe it could happen, so why not?)

But I know you saw it, (the moon) and you are not crazy.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I know that my story is second hand knowledge and I have no proof, but here it is:

My friend and his uncle described this exact same event to me once. The were camping and it was dark. They told me that for about 5 seconds it was "daylight" and then it was back to night. I didn't believe it at the time, but now I really wonder...

Something strange going on?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, though I could have missed it...

Has anyone heard of a "Orbital Mirror"?

Sounds interesting, I never knew it existed before I researched a little more.

LOOK HERE TO READ ARTICLE

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well I checked the SOHO site here and it seems that they are not keeping real time images since the 8th? I check it everyday and they always have real time....weird..they have some in the Lasco camera but none of the actual sun.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I think it might have gone here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know, the times are compatible. 9AM UK, 4AM Toronto?

Real, or viral marketing? When things like this come up, we need somebody to check the list of upcoming movies.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
im in arizona and at about 7:20 Arizona time i looked outside strangely because it was extremely dark for 7:20 at night. couple seconds later it was normal again, but i did find it strange for that time to be THAT dark

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
One time I exeprience the same thing but for maybe a quearter of second.
I look up then I saw that a plane has pass between the sun and me.

But I doubt that a plane passing between the sun and OP could have last 6 seconds.

This is the kind of threads I like
S&F sir

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel[/i
You know, the times are compatible. 9AM UK, 4AM Toronto?

Strange that these times coincide. The news said the Toronto blast lit up the sky with an orange glow. What time did this blast occur?
The LHC was tested this weekend source

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It was probably a giant galactic federation mothership flying infront of the sun

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
SOHO not providing realtime imagery since the 8th and this unusual phenomenon happening in the UK and elsewhere makes me wonder if a rather large asteroid snuck up on us and passed between the sun and us. It would explain a diagonal line crossing the earth if all the places that observed this were mapped.

The explosion in Toronto was a propane storage facility near a residential area. The shockwave blew out windows over a mile away.

My other thought to the topic at hand was worm holes. They are basically tears in space and time and all light would go to it.

Interesting times we live in right now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join