It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Im in u.k England in a place called Shinewater which is within Eastbourne..
It is now about 9.20am and relativity bright, and the sky just went dark around this area, like night time dark, but no stars or clouds just pitch black...Quite a few people saw this so i'm not hallucinating...My neighbour believes it was a sudden eclipse but wouldn't that make everywhere else dark?
I could clearly see the area known as "The Downs" which is a rough bunch of high hills and it was not dark over there from what i could see.. it seemed like the light within about a .... a mile radius perhaps? just simply went dark, and I could very clearly see The Downs alight with natural light...the downs being quite a relativly high landmark you can see them from quite afar.
This may sound mad but it was like, kinda like...The sky was cracked almost. Like what i was seeing wasn't our sky...it was odd and there was a really eerie feeling going on, but i guess that's just human nature when faced with something unknown.
I posted this here because well...it was in the sky and you guys kinda deal with the sky, so perhaps a UFO of some sought?
But honestly, it just felt looked like the sky had cracked, im sure someone would've picked this up on there mobile phone or something and cctv, that has to be an option.
I'm gunna try my best to get this in some media format, i'll start with the local herald newspaper and see if i can get this higher because what i saw was not natural well, i for one believe it wasn't natural and i have a probable several 100 witnesses to this...but if you guys/girls do have a more sensible solution then mine then please do post instead of flaming and calling me a liar.

Anyway i have to goto work so i'll answer question when i get back, but i've done the best i can describing the event.

okay...this is odd:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/8/08 by Axzion]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Wow this is really freakin wierd. I'm kinda curious/nervous.

What could possibly have caused this?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hmmm if it was only about a mile in radious it sounds like it has to be some sort of shadow. Were there any clouds at all in the sky? Also were there any strange sounds or was it completely quiet? Also for peoples info the sun rises at about 5am here in the UK at the moment so by about 9am the sun should be quite high up in the sky.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Only natural explanation is some thicker cloud - which if moving across the sun after it had been fairly bright for a time, might make it seem quite dark in comparison.

I can confirm from radar that there were no heavy showers/thunderstorms in the area this morning (which have been known to make it almost as dark as night) but satellite does indicate a fair amount of cloud about.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I won't even dare venture a guess as to what happened. I'm assuming it wasn't a jet plane that passed directly between the witness and the sun? If things went THAT dark than I'm sure a simple shadow wasn't the culprit.

But color me severely intrigued that this thread is a mirror image of the other one that the OP linked to. I'll be watching this like a hawk.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I won't even dare venture a guess as to what happened. I'm assuming it wasn't a jet plane that passed directly between the witness and the sun? If things went THAT dark than I'm sure a simple shadow wasn't the culprit.

But color me severely intrigued that this thread is a mirror image of the other one that the OP linked to. I'll be watching this like a hawk.

LOL you posted in the wrong thread.

But I can see how haha.

Edit: how ironic!!! I'm the one who made the mistake.

I really do see how hahahaha.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I think it might have gone here:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I think it might have gone here:

Yeah must be a glitch/error in the system hahaha.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by danj3ris

LOL you posted in the wrong thread.

But I can see how haha.

Edit: how ironic!!! I'm the one who made the mistake.

I really do see how hahahaha.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Ohmigosh, you just confused the hell out of me. I thought I posted on the wrong thread for a second. But at least I know now we're on the same page!

..Right?

So is this area of the UK along the same line of latitude as the Toronto Canada area?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Eastbourne is on the south coast of England, latitude: 50° 77'

Toronto is much further north at latitude: 43° 40'

There have been no meteorological reports of anything unusual in the Eastbourne area at the time.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Maybe it was Horton putting the speck in the shade... or maybe some project bluebeam testing!

Interesting times we live in...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Interesting thread Axzion, last night I observed a blueish white streak in the night sky for a second and I too live in the UK, just wondering what direction of the compass was the event you saw? Mine was true North.

Here is the link to my thread on what I observed if anyone is interested to read my account of a similar event.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
MMMmmm Just to bump this as its really really odd, especially with ATS going down and the canada thing as well,

did anyone else see this or any other reports live tv from this area this morning, I can state that it never happened in South Wales UK.

regards

elf

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

good theory, essan.

ps love the new pic of your cottage.

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I tried to post earlier today but ATS was down for ages.
In my kitchen (facing West) at about 9.20am, the sky went VERY dark for a few seconds. It was windy and the sky was full of heavy rain clouds so thought it was due to a huge, dark rain cloud but am not so sure now that I've read what others have posted. The time was definitely around 9.20am.
I am in South Devon, Uk

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Same thing in Cambridge U.K.

I was sitting up in bed reading and at around 9:20 and it was a bright sunny day out there, but everything went suddenly (and unusually) dark, to the point that I could hardly see my book to read for a few minutes.

I had forgotten, but after reading this thread I remembered how odd I thought it was at the time.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Heard from a friend in Berkshire that this morning there was some sort of eclipse. She googled to find out what it was and found nothing. I will show her this thread.

Nothing where I am.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm in Northamptonshire, Uk and didn't notice anything. We have had intermittent rain showers all day long but that's nothing unusual. Could it have simply been a dark rain cloud?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by checkers]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Was it like this? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Independence Day movie. That would be a descent size ship I would imagine. Otherwise, it might be a large balloon or air ship. It may even be a cluster of balloons. Did any of you people even bother to look up at the sky? That should give you a hint.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by aleon1018]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join