It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Another person seen this yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So that's at least 3 times it has been seen to happen, once yesterday, once around 9.20am today, and another somone said about 3 something pm watching football on tv.

What's going on?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this yesterday when up in the mountains. It was well spooky actually.

I had an 'irrational moment' and went all cave man, seeking the first shelterd spot I could. It was like a minute long eclipse.

Bloody weird.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ThrIII

Same in Hunstanton Norfolk Uk.Have no idea what happened.Lookin over the sea here you can watch the shadows of clouds move aroundand over you.It was not a cloud the whole sky went dark as in an eclipse.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
yes I saw something strange too, didn't think much of it at first as having a bit of a bad day with lots of things on my mind! Then saw this thread.
I was stood outside seeing my husband off at exactly 9.20am this morning. As i looked up the street a huge shadow fell across it, and what struck me as strange was the speed the shadow went up the street, it was much quicker than usual which is why I noticed it!
I live in the midlands, UK
very strange! Is it just me or has lots of strange things been going on all over the world in recent weeks?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Certainly sounds like a ATS topic
I didn't notice anything, well, I wasn't up
. That would be 3am my time. I have been searching intensively considering we have two separate posters of this. I haven't run anything for the major news nets, and I'm about to start local news for the area. Good luck finding out, and I'll post if I find anything

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey guys thanks for all patiently waiting for me to get back, so far i've talked to the local herald newspaper who simply denied my request for anyone to look into this, because of the "absurdness" of my story. Apparently to them 100 odd witnesses means nothing..I haven't looked into asking about CCTV footage of the event just yet but i will get onto it. It has been quite a long day >.< Though here's an update, which kinda adds to the weirdness of the event. Several people who i have asked for any mobile phone footage of what happened simply said when they went out to whip out there phones to get a photo of this or a recording of it, there phones simply "died".
Though a few people did state that there phones didn't die but what i did notice was the people whose phones didn't die were the ones without cameras attached to them, but apparently the signal on there phones was affected.

This is pretty much enough to keep me up at night, it seems like whatever happened doesn't want to be seen. Tomorrow I will and I PROMISE this, I will look into the CCTV footage, we have a million CCTV cameras round this area and i'm sure something would've picked this up and if it didn't i'll take this further, stating that whatever has the power to take out these cameras must be a security risk. Surely this event wasn't the run of a mill eclipse.

[edit on 10/8/08 by Axzion]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Can I add to the post in the following way... Im a photographer and depend on my ability to quickly ascertain light levels while taking photographs on model shoots, weddings and at sports events. I pride myself on having developed a good appreciation of light in as much as Im never far off when the light changes, say, in the middle of 40 consecutive shots in as little as 10 seconds. For those that understand cameras the ISO level setting indicates how sensitive a digital cameras main processor is at any given time and I rate myself as experienced in being able to quickly see a light change and alter the iso from say 200 to 400 in response. What I have noticed in the last 3+ months during the wedding season is that light levels are peaking on both the high and low sides.

In laymans terms, a dark environment that needed ISO 800 to get a shot now needs only 400 and if I go to 800 I over expose? Its almost as if there is a new kind of light !! sounds crazy I know. Another more positive change is that I am getting amazing shots in good light and at times it looks like outside has become a very well lit studio.

I have expressed some thoughts on this in other threads and my way of describing it is that the sky canopy has got higher. Imagine we are in a dome with a hight of 4 miles... it looks to me as if we now have 6 miles of hight, the sky, horizon is further away and I liken it to some of those massive cloud filled skies with indigo blue sky that you see over the grand canyon... and Im in Scotland !!

I hope this isnt off topic but Im sure there is a connection, or at least a connection in the reasons raised in the thread and my own.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i'm in the north east, uk and i saw nothing at around 9 o clock this morning.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
i'm in the north east, uk and i saw nothing at around 9 o clock this morning.

facepalm.jpg

Eastbourne is in the south, perhaps that's why?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
All sounds very strange. I was easting breakfast in London at the time and didn't notice anything odd.

I wonder if it could be anything to do with the LHC?

The timing does seem kinda interesting, don't you think people?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
First off, I didn't notice anything here in North Staffs and I was sitting here next to the window checking out the news online so I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if anything like this happened.

However, just out of curiousity on reading this thread, I got out my atlas and looked to see if there was any pattern regards the places that people have reported observing this from and they all seem to be below a line running roughly in a diagonal from somewhere around the Wash to the Bristol Channel. The one I couldn't be sure about was the one from Northamptonshire. It might be interesting if any other folk who observed this could give some idea of whereabouts they are - nearest town or city perhaps - to see if this pattern can be confirmed, refuted or possibly clarified atall.

Edit - ach, there goes my theory! London didn't get it lol

[edit on 10-8-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well when I read this a shiver ran down my spine, a few nights ago I had a real wierd dream, kind of a nightmare. Now I havn't had a nightmare for years ( since a child) but this one felt so real, it was if I was fealing real emotion. Stick with me here I do have a point. The dream was that a dark patch appeard in the sky, but it was not just a dark patch but a tare in reality to another dimention, and through this "Portal" was coming the wierdest stuff. From animals never seen before to the living dead along with lost loved ones who never even recognised me. Now the "Portal" wasn't like a open door but just a patch of darkness in the sky and eveything underneath was in shade but everywhere else was still lit up from the sun.

I am not in any way saying that I had a premenition but reading this brought the dream flooding back to me and sent a shiver up my spine.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Considering the event in Toronto where the night lit up like it was day, does anyone think it's possible that somehow there was some kind of fold in the earth or in space and time and two peices of the sky switched places (the day time of the UK going to Toronto and the night time of Toronto going to the UK) for a brief period? Just a thought

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That's weird. There's also a thread about a guy who says it was pitch dark out at 4am and then it was like complete day light. Something is up. What it is I don't know. But now put this thread and the other one together and lets try to figure out what it is...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Very interesting because about a year ago me and a friend were sat in my back garden in Manchester, England. It was a perfectly bright day with very few faint clouds and then just as we were kicking a ball around It suddenly went pitch black for a split second then returned to normal. I immediatly thought it was my imagination but that feeling was ruined when my friend looked at me with a confused face because he noticed it also. I told my self it had to of bin a dense quick passing cloud but there was none to be seen and the darkness was too breif...weird

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
To anybody who saw this phenomenon,did the darkness look like space?

I will explain myself as a couple of years ago i saw what i can only describe as space creeping into our atmosphere and then quickly retreating in amongst stormy clouds.One minute they were grey then black as night then grey again.
Sorry i cant explain it any better.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I just sent this information to several news organizations. We'll see if one bites...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Excellent call, sir.

I doubt they will though to be honest.

And...if any do, they will no doubt put their own daft spin on it.

Yep - I'm cynical.

Nice one for trying anyway dude.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here's a possibility though it is the wrong time of year for the phenomenon to happen.

WG3

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone link this old thread about the warning from our old friend D4rk Kn1ght who is off in hiding.

It certainly feels appropriate to do so.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by interestedalways]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join