It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

i am " aggressive " because rampant stupidity is being lauded

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hi there axzion
some while ago i'd also had strange sky anomalies here in the netherlands. that had some similarities like yours. The sky was perfectly blue and there was a mile long black stripe acros the blue sky verry odd to see .months later i thougt to see the same again in triangular form. made some pics and a thread about it.never know what it really was.

ill hope you can find what your looking for GL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
While i posted my story, i have to say that logic and reason should lead most here to the conclusion that we've just had some seriously dark cloud patches in places in the uk and with our unpredictable weather things can change quickly, the human mind likes to jump to far out and interesting possibilities vs the realistic and mundane, it goes that the simplest and most realistic answer is probably the right one, its the reason why i take a lot of this fringe stuff as a bit of interesting entertainment with some grains of truth, it also gets you thinking outside the box which is good.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by just theory

Without trying to sound condescending, I'm sure even an "average" person can distinguish between a "dark cloud" or something else. I support the OP because I have personally witnessed something similiar to what he is describing.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My theory on these dark skies.

Clicky for link to ATS thread

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Even if you were trying it wouldn't bother me as all im doing is taking the more reasonable outlook here.

In my case i couldn't be sure whether it was some really dark clouds passing over at the time because it never popped into my head as odd until after it got light again and i thought about it, I can't say for others but no one has shown its anything other than dark clouds have they?

We've had really unpredictable weather here lately, theres been nothing to suggest its anything other than weather effects, so really you can either sit on the fence and choose not to come to any conclusions or as based on the evidence so far you can at least settle for the more likely answer until something better comes along, im doing the latter.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by stikkinikki

the shadow was made by clouds - its very common

but there are a lot of stupid people out there - or hoaxers

Were you there?

Then you don't know any more about it than I do.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hi. Folks I work as a security guard at an apartment complex overnight. Last night 8/10-8/11 I was walking with my partner, right? And I asked him while we did our rounds throughout the complex, is it just me or does it feel like time has been moving slow since we started our rounds. He said "You know that is the strangest thing. Before I arrived here at work I was traveling down the highway and when I reached my exit, I noticed a discrepancy in the time. I noticed that it seemed as if I took longer than then the norm to reach my exit. I also noticed I had used up more gas than normal. Something is out of place here.

Also my partner said throughout our ENTIRE shift that something didn't feel right inside. His instincts were acting up. He felt that maybe something was going to happen at the apartment. Maybe a fight or a burglary or SOMETHING. Little did I know that it could VERY well have something to do with what I am reading here this very minute. My partner also observed that throughout our whole night everything seemed too quiet. I explained to him the concept of time dilation and time travel as well as parallel dimensions and the grandfather paradox.

And ANOTHER thing happened. Before I arrived on shift I was playing with this little app on my iPod touch that throws out little tarot cards to sort of give your fortune for the day. It was VERY early this morning when I was dealt the "Devil" card. Keywords that appeared at top read "Inaction, ignorance, turmoil, submission". At the time I thought it meant that I was going to be confronted with a situation involving violence or theft while at work. But I found it to be very creepy.

As of right now at 10:46 PM, on august 11 I checked my little tarot card app on my iPod and it threw out the "Magician" card. Keywords on top read "individuality, creativity, transformation, power". And on august 10 I was dealt the "Sun" card. Previous day was "Justice" and the day before that was "The world".

To ANYBODY who understands how tarot cards work, does this mean ANYTHING to you. I'll keep everybody posted on my experiences.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i have an alternate point of view on this to share - not my own but paraphrasing the opinion of a freind of mine who is a trainee nurse

i was just chatting on MSN and told her about there threads on ATS

the convo went something like

me - discribes the threads and giave my opinion that they were hoaxers and idiots
her - there are medical conditions that can cause such episodes
me - like terminal stupidity ?
her - no you idiot - like brain tumors , optic nerve damage etc
me - are you serious
her - yes

so i would offer a peice of genuine advice to all claimants of ` omg it suddenly went dark ` episodes

it it only affected you - and no one else - please contact your doctor you may have an undiagnosed condition which if untreated could lead to permanant blindness or worse

thats all for now

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I know this may be a bit far fetched, but on Aug 9th, in Chicago, the waves were absolutely huge! I live in the city and had a water view for nearly a year and only saw the waves this big on stormy days. Sunday was absolutely beautiful and besides chicago almost always being a bit windy, it was barely windy at all and NO clouds in the sky all day. The waves were so big that on the bus driving down Lake shore drive along the lake (which i had to ride for like 45 min because of traffic), people were ooing and aahhing at the waves, taking pictures and such. There were also crowds of people standing along the lake staring at the roaring waves. this was highly unusual. This was at about 6 PM. Maybe has something to do with moon?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Your name says it all, nuff said

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A group of birds cathed my attention on that day when it suddenly got unusually dark here in Finland too. There were many of them and they were acting all weird for about an hour before they flew off. They flapped their wings in a weird way and flew around like they were confused somehow. There were lots of berries for them to eat in the bushes and I thought maybe they got drunk on eating berries and started fighting. I haven't seen them after that day when it got unusually dark. I have never seen the birds acting that way, swarming in hundreds and flying around like crazy.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
"trainee nurse"

Enough Said...

I seriously doubt Dan and the woman who was at the football game were both subject to some brain tumor or "what-have-you" which made them observe a black sky at the same times.

Also, I would also like to refute the people who messed with the contrast ratio. Considering this was NOT total darkness (as evident in 2nd pic) then brightening up the picture would not replicate a photo which is taken in complete darkness. So, a difference in light would be reasonable.

I would not expect the 2nd pic to have attributes similar to perfect darkness, as this was during the day. Maybe an object is in between the sun and the planet.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Axzion

Hey
Don't worry everyone. It's nothing bad. They are just showing up there, I mean for brief moments to start with just so that people get used to the fact that they are coming and so there is not a mass panick attack!lol Watch:
Supposedly they are paying us a visit in October of this year.
www.youtube.com...
They come in peace, they are here to help us, do not fear it.

I suggest you watch this.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Justice card

Bad card, but it has to do with relationships. If your in a relationship with somebody it will probably end, or if your not in a relationship good, dont start one.

Sun card

Good card, your family is very happy right now. There will be some problems coming but god will take care them in time.

World card

People will be trying to fill your mind with bad thougts. If you are in a relationship it will end badly. It wont be a happy ending. Im talking an inch from going to jail kind of bad.

Devil card

Another bad card. Any commitmant you have will end soon and will make you uncomfortable. And you will encounter some other problems as well.

Well there you go. im glad that year of learning the tarots has finally come to use. i had to break out the old tarots to remember but there you have it.
the final sum of them all is that this will be a bad time for relationships very bad and you will face some problems but in the end god will take care of you.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Could it be possible that the event which some of us experienced might have been caused by something like this...any thoughts?

sci.esa.int...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrIII

Wow, I didn't even know that could happen! Awesome find thrill. But we don't normally get the Northern Lights in south Britain, so I don't know if we'd get the anti-aurorae either.

Oh, also, I'm in the East End of London and I didn't notice any change in the light at 9.20 this morning.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I recently had a similar experience where the world went dark for me as well. I was in my house and having a conversation with my wife. It went like this.

Me: Hunny, hurry up. We are gonna be late.

Wife: Sweetheart, does this dress make my butt look big?

Me: No, I think that cheeseburger you had for lunch makes your butt look big ....*chuckles*

Wife *scoffs* stop it... you know I have a beautiful butt.

Me: *scoffs*... yeah but not as beautiful as your sisters.

BOOM! world went dark. Still not sure of what happen. Anyone have any ideas?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join