It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patrick Swayze Cancer Diagnose: 5 weeks to live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Patrick Swayze Cancer Diagnose: 5 weeks to live

www.ogpaper.com

Sad news reports coming from Hollywood today, actor Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. According to a report first published by the National Enquirer, Dirty Dancing star Patrick Swayze has only 5 weeks to live, after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer back in January and the cancer had spread to other organs of his body. According to an insider, there is little hope left for Patrick Swayze, after the cancer failed to respond to the treatments. Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor within the pancreatic gland and each year over 30,000 individuals in the United States are diagnosed with this condition. The prognosis is generally regarded as poor, with only few still alive five years after diagnosis, while complete remission still extremely rare.

"For the past month, Patrick, 55, has been traveling to Stanford University's prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful," was published in the gossip magazine. The story has not been confirmed by Patrick Swayze or his representatives and fans of the actor could only hope that the cancer story is one of the false stories, which often find their way to ink.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this is true?

Given the problems in our health care system, they might be part of the problem.

www.ogpaper.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If I can get a hold of Mr.Swayze, I would encourage him to search on google about plant versus animal based diet, and also Dr. Ruth Heidrich.

We all have cancer cells. You can't avoid it. That is why your immune system needs to be strong. Chemotherapy is the usual killer when it comes to treatment. According to www.ravediet.com, plant based diets will make the immune system stronger. No medication required.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Pancreatic cancer is horrible. My mother died of it at age 53. It was such a horrible time to watch and try to help her through her last months. She did make it longer than the 4-6 mos. they gave her, but it was still rough. She did receive chemo, but no radiation.

Hers had spread to the liver by the time it was diagnosed. She had been sick and seeing Dr's for 6 mos before diagnosis. It was a painful thing to deal with, but in the end, I know she isn't suffering any longer.

Very painful situation. I hope it is not true about Patrick, but we will find out soon enough. If it's true, I hope the best for his family.

For the comment about all of us having cancer cells in our bodies, it seems to be more of a time of when we will ALL be diagnosed with a cancer of some sort, not an IF, any longer.

A_L

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If it's true it certainly wasn't from a lack of physical conditioning. The guy has always kept himself in great shape.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

I do hope, with all my heart, that it isn't true.
(Not because I am fan, but because he is a human, obviously.)

But if it is, this is the opportunity to make that "experiment" that some members were talking about a few months ago. Step together and change his reality into a cancer-free one.
(I know, it sounds almost sardonic... but it isn't.)

I am sure somebody will call to my attention the matter of his "free will".
But I am also reasonably sure he'd appreciate any help he can get, right now...

Hang in there, Patrick.
And GET WELL.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

According to a report first published by the National Enquirer,

yeah, Ok. Sources, remember to check sources.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't think i can squeeze 3 line out of this but WHO CARES? Really .

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Im going to agree with you. I dont care what happens in hollywood. Thousands of people die every day. Some deserve recognition but others do not. What did this guy do besides make a movie? How is this Above Top Secret worthy? Maybe BTS!

CX

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
I don't think i can squeeze 3 line out of this but WHO CARES? Really .

Bit harsh maybe.

I'd be the first one to say "who cares?" when it comes to most subjects relating to Hollywood, but as for cancer........my girlfriend finished her treatment for it a while back and i would'nt wish that on anyone.

CX.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
conflicting reports

www.koco.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Im sorry and i do feel for people with cancer. My grandmother if fighting throat/(mouth?) cancer. I didnt mean it in that way . I meant it in the way that . Why was our family not on the news? Same story just our family's (assumably) are not hack job actors. (last 10 years anywho)

Sorry if i ruffled your feathers. And i do know where you were coming from . I just didnt want to get into my sob story and summed it up best i could.

Hope the best for you and yours.

CX

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Cheers for that, and no offence taken.

I can see where you are coming from as far as no-one gives a damn when it's nobody famous though. Does my head in it does.

CX

[edit on 5/3/08 by CX]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Turns out it is true:

American actor Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, his agent has confirmed.

His agent said reports that the Dirty Dancing star had only five weeks to live were "completely untrue".

The 55-year-old is currently undergoing treatment and is continuing with his filming schedule, he said.

Swayze, who also starred in the hit film Ghost, was diagnosed with cancer more than a month ago, the New York Post reported on its website.

BBC Story

apc

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Given the problems in our health care system, they might be part of the problem.

Those "problems" really only exist for the poor as regulatory manipulation and inflation has intentionally resulted in prohibitive prices. There is little doubt Swayze has gotten the best medical care. Unless he's broke... I mean they had to cite Ghost and Dirty Dancing...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
As i mentioned in another thread, i know some of his family, his aunt, Patsy's sister (his mother side) and i am going to contact her tomorrow and try to find out what is really going on. This is very upsetting, his aunt looks just like him and what a nice lady she is!
His aunt l ives locally here and not far from me at all and i do have her phone number, i will call and hope its not an imposition as i dont know her that well. We are aquaintances.
This is horrible news.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Very sad indeed, and im sure an awful shock to him and his family,

Sadly my family where affected by this type of cancer, my cousin Billy, who sadly passed away from pancreatic cancer... He decided against any Chemo due to the fact that it would only prolong his life a year, and decided he would prefer to live the final weeks with some life in them,

I really do feel for anyone who has to go through this,

Sadly is one of the cancers that still need allot of research,

And sadly they normally find this type of cancer in the body once it has already spread, it’s quite hard to detect on its own,

Surgery and chemo and possible radiation are often offered if caught earlier to help prolong the life a little,

My thoughts are with anyone who has to go through this

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I tell you what, he doesn't look that great in this picture.:shk: He looks very drawn.

Peace

joi

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Bah! He was just on tv yesterday saying he has two films planned.
The most important thing with cancer is to keep active. If you think you are going to die, you will.

top topics

join