It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Pepper Sprays, Punches, Nearly Breaks Girl's Arm During Curfew Arrest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Dude, follow the cops directions and you will NEVER be a hostile, it is that simple.

You must live in La La Land cause you dont have a clue ..I have been beatin and rough up a few times just for asking the charge witch they usually will not give you till they get you to jail cause most of the time they have to still figure it out themselves...Look you want to support the cops go right ahead but when they finally kick the # out of you you will know the truth.. I hate Most cops cause all they are nothing but shakedown artist for the corrupt legal system they are just button men know more know less,hell most are borderline retarted...follow a cops directions and i am not a hostile, sorry tried that once was told to lay in a puddle didnot do it told the cop to kiss my ass instead was beatin by not one but four pussys all with weapons..That pussy still wont look me in the eyes.....

[edit on 6-10-2007 by KLSyesca]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

please stop exaggerating what i say.
i never said the cops need to be a grappling master. i am talking about basic holds..
i agree that anytime the cops have to get hands on, it could go bad..all the more reason why it would benefit the cops to know these simple things...

just one guys opinion...i see vids and things where the susect resits or runs and the cop tries to toss him and he ends up going down too and ne or both get a bit banged up.....

i am more talking about cops that work with a partner....maybe one of them should be adept in BASIC holds....

as to your comment apc, you're just ignoring everything i say or think i am lying or what?
in this instance, i am talking about a wrist lock that will immobilize her...how is that 'mad crazy leet ninja skills?'

do you guys think the cops should know any self defense? how much? what kind?
should they just be tossed out their with their gun/tazer/and mace and get to it?

i say they should have those tools, but they should go through programs like renzo gracie offers.
it certainly can not hurt by making the cops more effective...
you think it could hurt?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KLSyesca

You must live in La La Land cause you dont have a clue ..

.Look you want to support the cops go right ahead but when they finally kick the # out of you you will know the truth.. I hate Most cops cause all they are are shakedown artist for the corrupt legal system they are just button men know more know less,hell most are borderline retarted...follow a cops directions and i am not a hostile, sorry tried that once was told to lay in a puddle didnot do it told the cop to kiss my ass instead was beatin by not one but four pussys all with weapons..

i am more or less with you in general here.

this whole comply thing and it will NEVER get out of hand is really a fantasy...there are too many variables here....

ok, cnn just showed the vid again...he had her left hand behind her back and as she tucked her right arm under, he fiddled about to get the spray out, then sprayed her, then put the spray back, then cuffed her.

i stand by my post. if he knew where to grab the wrist(near the thumb) he could have rotated her arm behind her with relative ease....

obviously everyone is going to see these things differently...i think the cops need some training myself...

i have offered up ideas that i think 'may' work..

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I noticed early on in the video how much of an angle he had her arm bent at around her back. Her hand was almost touching her head. Do you know how painful that would be?

And if as mentioned she has a crappy homelife and the cycle continues does that not strike some that we have a vicious cyclical problem in our society that needs to be addressed? Is there nothing that can be done to break the cycle?

Is kindness a thing of the past in our country?

Why was the cop alone with no backup to help?

Why was the cop so adamant to slide her to the middle of the car and speak on the mic and get this whole thing centered on video?

Are we trying to be provoked as citizens?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.controlledforce.com...

Miletich Fighting Systems (MFS) and Controlled F.O.R.C.E. teamed up in 2003 to collaborate on advanced defensive tactics and combatives training for Law Enforcement and Military clients

MFS brings some of the most elite and accomplished fighters and trainers in the world to the Controlled F.O.R.C.E. Team. Police and Military agencies around the nation have benefited from this combined effort, including US Navy NTTC Lackland, USMC Martial Arts Center for Excellence, and countless others. Miletich and Hughes have also proved to be an invaluable resource to the United States National Standards of Training Association.

---------------------------

whats wrong with the cops getting involved ina program like this?
the more i look, the more opportunities i see.
in new york renzo gracie offers classes to cops. apparently matt serra does as well.
we have militech doing classes.
i 'think' rorion still offers classes at the gracie academy...
there is extreme couture like i already mentioned.

have a look at the F.O.R.C.E site.....i don't see how this could be a bad thing

an article by militech about teaching the cops these things...good reading

these guys also do seminars...

edit* i am not saying this is THE ANSWER or th be all end all to solve all the problems...i just see it could be a help. if the police departments offered this type of training and/or incentive to learn the basics, i think that would be a huge step...

the beat constantly changes. people are different, situations are different, the surface you are standing on is different..
why not learn these BASIC things that MAY help?

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Did anyone read what I posted?

Here's a brief editorial from Port St. Lucie.

Ft. Pierce, where this incident took place, is just outside of Port St. Lucie,
so maybe the following will help put her environment into perspective:

Editorial: Time is right for youth curfew in Port St. Lucie

The Port St. Lucie City Council should adopt a curfew for teenagers in the city.

That is not a knee-jerk reaction to an isolated tragedy — the late night-early morning stabbing death of a 16-year-old boy — but a recognition that too many young people are on the streets when they should not be, increasing the potential for criminal activity by them and increasing the potential they may become crime victims.

It is also recognition that the city is experiencing an increase in street gang activity for which law enforcement is just beginning to recognize with the seriousness deserved.

Thumbs Up: Time to battle gangs

KIDS AT HOPE: A community effort to combat gang activity is set to get underway.

As a result of the St. Lucie County Gang Assessment conducted for the Executive Roundtable of St. Lucie County, programs are being started to involve adults and youth in working together to keep kids from joining gangs

Report: Violent crimes on the rise across the Treasure Coast

Treasure Coast counties aren't immune from what appears to be a dubious trend: A rise in violent crimes.

The number of reported murders and robberies increased from Martin through Indian River counties in a year's time, which is in keeping with 2006 information compiled and released today by the FBI.
In Martin County, where the overall crime rate increased by a rate of 10.4 percent between 2005 and 2006, the number of reported murders more than doubled. Indian River County's overall crime rate declined by 10.3 percent during that same time, but the number of murder reports also more than doubled.

Reports of forcible rapes and robberies also were up in Martin and Indian River, while aggravated assault reports

Don't ya'll get it? This wasn't a friendly neighborhood she was in.
He asked her nicely to comply, she was out past curfew.

So I guess after she resists, its ok for the officer to let her go,
so God knows what else would happen to her on the streets.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this officer was acting
in her best interests. Should he have just let her wander around?

Please, I'd encourage anyone, go walk a mile in her shoes, go
walk around wherever she was at night, and let's see how fast
you hail a cop car like it was a cab..

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
well, you're entitled to your opinion.

You as well are entitled to your opinion.

While we have both placed our cards on the table so to say, I have to ask you if you agree with this statement:

This entire episode could have been avoided, if the girl simply complied with the directions the officer gave her.

If so,

Then I will respect your thoughts on alternative methods of submission.

If not,

Then I would have to say it is just another chance for someone to jump on the actions of a police officer, who in this case was correctly performing his duties. (while we debate the method).

I have seen much worse police treatment in the past couple of days,

One was from 2006, where a police officer tazed a driver of a vehicle for absolutely no reason. (this tape is now used as part of a taser training in a police department showing officers what NOT to do when armed with the weapon)

The other, 3 officers arrived at the home of a suspect in NC, he was on his porch, the officers came to arrest him on a warrant, I don't think this guy uttered more than a couple of sentences to these officers before they tazed him and took him into custody.

In both of these cases, the officers involved should no longer hold a badge, it was a gross misuse of force and I condemn them for it.

I will not however, look upon every video posted about suspected police abuse and cry brutality.

I will view them and render my opinion on a case by case basis.

In this case, whether you agree with the method, you should I hope you understand that this girl received this treatment due to her own behavior.

edit:context/strike through you should and replaced with more proper statement. My apologies.

[edit on 2007/10/6 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

After what she just experienced I can almost bet my #** that this girl never, ever, hails a cop car like it was a cab.

The programs you have noted sure look good on paper, but on video I give it a big

The degredation of humanity makes me ill.,

[edit on 6-10-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Well you can disagree with me or not, but as I said before that don't expect martial arts techniques to work the way they suppose to for you.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I agree with boondock ,that it is time after all these incidents for the police to have intensive grappling, and peaceful manipulating MANDITORY by really good instructors. Alot of these martial arts instructors are starving to death for cash, it helps the community and the police. I also think the cops need to have a bit more compassion restraint and all that. This is a Kid just like his own, different, but the same. He should not be in a high crime area alone anyway.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Brutality in any form should not be acceptable.

Cops on citizens or citizen on cop or citizen to citizen.

Violence is so rappant it is no solution and makes humans less than we could be.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Normally im one of the first people to jump on a cops back for abuse of power.But in this case,the cop seems to be in the right.
The cop brought the young lady in front of the squad car cam,so he had no intentions of having to rough her up.You can see in the video that he is trying to talk to her,to no avail.
She was resisting,refusing to be handcuffed,and she is seen trying to bite the officer.
I think the punch might have been a natural quick response to her actions,maybe not the best choice,but how would you have handled it?
The problem is,there are bad cops out there,who do off the wall things,and it ruins it for good cops who have to do these things to restrain someone.
Its almost as if the public wants cops to use no force,ever,and instead offer people,cake,ice cream and a song to get people to listen to police.
People,yes there are bad cops,but dont confuse them with the good cops who are doing their jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hah, I don't get it.

She was out past curfew.
STRIKE ONE

She did not comply with the officers directions.
STRIKE TWO

She tries to bite the officer while resisting arrest.
STRIKE THREE

As mentioned before, this girl received this treatment due to her own behavior.

This isn't a nice area of town, people..
Should the officer have just let her go?
"Yea well, she doesn't want to comply, I guess she knows whats best"

There's plenty of police brutality videos to be up in arms about,
this IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

apc

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Now that makes my blood boil. That cop, like the one who arrested this girl, was just doing his job.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You know what’s funny about this thread?
The fact that all the people with Florida in their profiles agree with what the officer did in this situation. Maybe that should be an indication, to the rest of the folks who are unfamiliar with the area, what type of place this occurred at….

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
You know what’s funny about this thread?
The fact that all the people with Florida in their profiles agree with what the officer did in this situation. Maybe that should be an indication, to the rest of the folks who are unfamiliar with the area, what type of place this occurred at….

Well why was he alone then? Anytime I see cops in high crime areas they are rolling 2 deep usually with shotguns, and other cars and paddywagons in the immediate area.Every time.I lived in Akron for 6 years I know. Dont tell me they don't have enough cops because our police force has been quadrupeled in the BushJR years. I see more cops than ever crawling all over the place getting in everybodys buisiness.

]

[edit on 6-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

apc

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
And if the girl had gotten raped it would have been her fault for being in that area wearing what she was wearing.

Same logic...

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
This entire episode could have been avoided, if the girl simply complied with the directions the officer gave her.

If so,

Then I will respect your thoughts on alternative methods of submission.

yes..the entire episode 'could' have been avoided if she complied. i never denied that..
also, when i mention these holds i am talking about in general, not just relative to this situation.

every situation is different and i mention these locks not just for the benefit of the citizen but for the cop too.
wouldn't you want the cops to be more adapt at things like this? we are not tlaking about transforming them into world champion fighters, only showing them some basic holds and throws....

can you answer me now?

do you think putting officers through these types of courses is a bad idea?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've lived in da ghetto for years.

"Little girls" like that can be high on PCP or crack, and the ones that resist like that in many cases are. They can also be carrying weapons.

The police can't make distinctions about size, age, sex when they're trying to do their job and someone resists.

Going easy on a resisting arrestee just because she's little and crying is a good way for a cop to be injured or killed.

Hate to say it, but that whole episode looked justified.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

what was i supposed to gain from that?
i mean, that just shows me that more than ever cops need to learn how to defend themselves....i can't claim these techniques will work every time, BUT, it can't hurt you know.....
you show me one vid of a cop catching a beat down and i am supposed to think that basic holds won't work?
please.......

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join