It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Pepper Sprays, Punches, Nearly Breaks Girl's Arm During Curfew Arrest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

not a very pretty picture at first glance-----however i wish we had a kerfew for the kids running the streets at night where i live----and some cops that were more interested in dealing with crime----assaults,vandalism,break and enters,murders----our rcmp's idea of crime is us driving faster than 120klicks in a 110klick zone or not having your car plate up to date or the safety inspection sticker up to date-----these are their priorities.i had a gang of youths in my backyard one day and phoned for the rcmp to come deal with them----was told i have to tell the same kids on 2 different days to go- before the police would come to deal with them and then it would only be a 25$ fine-----if i touched them i would be charged for assault-----this the police tell me on the phone! we raised our 2 kids with the hope in mind that they would obey the laws and police officers---this girl absolutely defied the officers instructions-----its hard for my wife and i to feel sorry for her in this particular case------the guy that got tazed for trying to ask kerry questions----now that does make my blood boil----i hope he sues those cops for all he can get out of them and their police departement for "authorizing " them to become "officers"?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
what was i supposed to gain from that?
i mean, that just shows me that more than ever cops need to learn how to defend themselves....i can't claim these techniques will work every time, BUT, it can't hurt you know.....
you show me one vid of a cop catching a beat down and i am supposed to think that basic holds won't work?
please.......

You see him clinging on to that black man's left arm with dear life? Is that how he suppose to do it? Does he know what he is doing? We can't be sure if he was trained for this situation. Or maybe he just toss it out the window and do things instinctively when the guy was on top of him. Yes it may not hurt to know some techniques. But does not guarantee 100% perfection that you won't get your butt kicked.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
This cop ought to be gutted like a carp for this.
If I saw a cop doing this to a kid I'd take his gun and shoot him in the face.

Nice,

Solving what you perceive as police violence,

With murder.

Nice solution.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

what do i need to try? i need to try and cuff a 100 pound girl to validate what i am saying?
meh....i

No try subduing a 100lbs girl that has her adrenalin running, and feels she is fighting for her life, or someone that is hoped up on an illicit substance. You have already been told repeatedly by folks on here that they would rather fight a 250lb guy then a 100lb female.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Nice solution.

Sadly, violence is the only thing bullies understand.

The only way to protect yourself from bullies is by upping the ante - respond to a little violence with a lot more than they expect in return, and eventually they learn to back off.

Only once bullying becomes a life-threatening pastime will we run out of bullies.

I learned this myself the hard way when I moved from the suburbs to the ghetto.

There were a pair of muggers targeting people on my block in Philly, a couple of big guys jumping people late at night for beer money. One night they tried to jump me when I was drunk, broke, and in a very bad mood. I beat the %^$&^% out of them, honestly a bit more than was strictly necessary to defend myself.

But I will tell you this - the muggings on my block stopped after that, and more than one of my neighbors came by to thank me

[edit on 10/6/07 by xmotex]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

yes the cop seemed kind of "weak" to try and cuff this kid on his own----i've never tried to cuff anyone--am not a cop but if its that difficult cops should never go out on patrol alone or should just cuff them in front-not behind----and forget pepper spray--looks like torture to me----by now they must have a spray that just knocks you unconscious with out killing you or serious side effects ?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
First, the last person you want to deal with is a woman. They bite, pull hair, knee in the balls....a guy just swings.

^^^^i think that is the most lame thing i have ever heard....tons of generalizations floating around here....a guy 'just swings'

Also, the 'leverage' arguement on the take down...try it. It is alot harder to apply tactics such as those in a real world situation as opposed to training for it.

^^^^oh, i've tried it...been on both ends of it tons of times....is it hard to apply these tactics in real world situations? sometimes.....does that mean that whould not know these techniques? i think you are mistaken my friend....if you are trained in the proper techniques, a takedown/toss/throw is not as hard as you are making it out to be.

'oh, it's hard to learn the proper way to hold/toss/lock, so lets just not try and learn.
who cares if the cops are out of shape and have no self defense training...

this crap is getting old, fast
You find me a form of self defense that doesnt entail doing bodily harm onto the perpetrator in some form. Your arguement is null.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We see so many video's on police brutality, but more than half of them are justified.

This girl was CLEARLY resisting, and she got exactly what she deserved.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am going to re-quote myself because this is highly significant on a number of these incidents, at least in this state. Everyone is so busy feverously posting it might have gotten buried.

Originally posted by defcon5
Wow…
I just talked to a law enforcement friend of mine down here about this video, and here is what he told me is the “use of force matrix” for the state of Florida. The “Matrix” escalates according to how much a person struggles, an officer is allowed to use as much force as required to restrain the person. Biting (if suspected to have HIV), or kicking an officer in the privates may escalate the situation up to the level of using lethal force. A police officer in this state is “Required” to apply either a Taser, or pepperspray prior to attempting to subdue the suspect with physical force.

It’s a state law…

He told me that he would be happy to give me a copy of the actual state guidelines showing this.

Based on this the officer could be in trouble for being too nice. According to what he told me, even in the instance of the guy Tasered at UF, they should have been Tasered first then physically struggled with. According to this a lot of what we have been calling “excessive force” is nothing more the officers following the rules.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

A world where lawlessness and anarchy reign,

No thanks

I want no part of your world.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thank you for reposting your quote about the Matrix. It more justifies the use of lethal force, as well as the hefty punch in the face, I dont agree with it though, I just now understand the laws there. Still he could have went a different route.IMHO
DWT

[edit on 6-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

i've got plenty of experince with muay thai/western boxing/bjj/greco and folk wrestling.
i have been on the mats and such hundreds of times....

what do i need to try? i need to try and cuff a 100 pound girl to validate what i am saying?
meh....i know what i am talking about here. if you don't want to believe me or if you want to think i am lying, thats cool.
makes no difference really.

i'm just tossing out ideas for people that care to read them.
If thats the case you damn well know a month by month course will not do anyone any good. You will also know when put on the spot or in the ring what most people learn goes out the window. A lot agencies actually teach techniques that come out of such martial arts. Unfortunately not all officers have the time to make a life commitment to a martial arts which is whats required to get any good at it.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greatlakes

i like your signature----that the government is fortunate that we dont think ?-----however what good will it do to think differently than our schools etc. program into us ? this young "lady" was thinking for herself and it caused her nothing but grief-----we really are living on prisoner planet and for the time being-----resistance is futile ? i obey our government because i have to not because i necessarily enjoy it------and even talking about the evils in our societies will get you run off of some other websites-my experience-if you talk seriously about solutions to crime and criminal behaviour------that bambo cane they use on prisoners in malasia that leaves you not walking for 3 months----it has a marvelous effect on would be criminals that get caught by the police-----they never get any repeat offenders---so they say ! they should use it here to clear out the prison populations-----and bad cops and politicians that get caught should not be spared either

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You're on PrisonPlanet. Do you think they are going to tell stories of how the Police stopped a shooting? How they helped someone like they do most of the time? I don't think so. All they show is the rare "bad cop" to turn people against them as a whole.

Of course prison planet IS a biased website.

However, for you to say this is 'rare' is absurd. The internet certainly has brought the frequency of this kind of activity to light. This cop was certainly not right by a longshot, at least you didnt dispute that.

On a personal note, I can honestly say you should not be sporting a jimi hendrix avatar if those are your true feelings.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

A world where bullies are free to rough up kids half their size.

I want no part of your world, thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cops in general.
I am always polite & helpful when I deal with them, and most of the time, they return the favor.

But this guy was clearly abusing his authority - which is what happens when authority is allowed to go unchecked.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
You find me a form of self defense that doesnt entail doing bodily harm onto the perpetrator in some form.

Judo and Akido come to mind. Of course you can strike with Akido but that's not it's main function.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

how do you gather all this from a vid?
cause she was out late at night?

unreal...speculating to the finest degree

Not real specualtion if you consider the demographis and statisics on African Americans

Where are the fathers?

As you can see at 70 percent the chances of the mother living alone and on welfare is more then possible in fact I woud say it is highly likely.

apc

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
But this guy was clearly abusing his authority...

How, exactly? Please, be specific.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by AndrewTB
You find me a form of self defense that doesnt entail doing bodily harm onto the perpetrator in some form.

Judo and Akido come to mind. Of course you can strike with Akido but that's not it's main function.
I am very unfamiliar with Akido. But judo on the other hand doesn't fall under that category.

Had the officer known JUDO he would have been VIOLENTLY throwing her to the ground in the eyes of those who are trying to uphold an argument.

I agree officer's should know it. But I also know that you dont learn the stuff over night and when your working 12 hour shifts you have very little time to go to the dojo to practice.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Thank you for reposting your quote about the Matrix. It more justifies the use of lethal force, as well as the hefty punch in the face, I dont agree with it though, I just now understand the laws there.

I cannot say that I agree with it myself.
Unfortunately, it’s the law down here. If folks don’t like it then they need to take that up with their representatives and not with the officers. The officers are only following orders apparently.

I made the offer to my friend to join here, but I know he has prior commitments for the next few days, so he cannot join immediately. He is very knowledgeable in law enforcement, and he is the person that other officers go to when they need advice. I do not want to be more specific then that, I’ll leave it up to him to explain if he chooses to join. I will get the “Matrix” and the ‘Laws” from him in the next 24 hours however, and will scan and post them here for others to check.

[edit on 10/6/2007 by defcon5]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join