It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter fly bys indicate war is ahead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
When I lived in VA Beach, VA near NAS Oceana, just before the Gulf War the fighters were flying day and night getting in training and qualifications. Then one day there were few if any flights. About 2 - 5 days later the air part of the Gulf War started.

Here in Jacksonville FL, near the NAS (Naval Air Station), there has not been any unusual activity that I can see. The planes here are mainly submarine hunters.

With the movement of troops to Wash DC (I used to live there too) and the other observations it appears something is up. Either offensive or defensive - time will tell.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just another data point - Here, not far from Ft. Hood in central TX, I've seen a large reduction in overflights. Whereas last summer I was seeing groups of 3 - 7 choppers nearly daily, now 1 or 2 a week seems to be about average.

My guess is that some air unit was activated for the surge, and I was seeing the warmups for that. Not much going on here now, though.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Chonx i don't think the aircraft you can have seen were jaguars.

The RAF has withdrawn them from service on the 30 of April 2007 with a disbandment event for 6 Squadron, the last Jaguar squadron on or about the 25 may 2007 with only two left flying with a research Co, I'm not sure when you saw the aircraft i don't think you say in your post but if it was before the 25/5/07 then I'm sorry for being a wise guy.

www.raf.mod.uk...

[edit on 28/8/2007 by rogue 9]

[edit on 28/8/2007 by rogue 9]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Got a lot of heli traffic here (Chinooks) - never seen anything like it. Last time it got busy like this, we invaded someone...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No helicopters, but Saturday night coming home I did see a large, white SUV at a truck stop in NC with blue lettering that said "Tactical Communications". It had a Florida plate and a lot of equipment on top, included what looked like a radar dish, I figured it was headed to DC for the deployment. Windows were blacked out so I couldn't see how many folks were inside.

Yesterday I noticed 3 jets fly over pretty low, not together, but heading E to W, no military markings I could discern, but a little odd.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i forgot about this thread, but anyway i had a sighting of military helicopters just about and hour ago and they looked armed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rogue 9

weird, no I didn't know that thanks

it was only last week so I was probably wrong. my first impression was that they were Jaguars but I could have easily been mistaken. More likely tornados then i guess. still strange though

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I am in south central Colorado my rural home is located within the La Veta MOA. We have always observed a good deal of military activity. Equipment and Troops frequently travel along the interstate, near our area, on their way to Pinon Canyon.

I would say for maybe the past couple months the activity has dramatically increased. It is constant. At night we sit in our hot tub and watch the planes fly by in formations of 3 to 5 planes. They fly east until they are out of sight followed a few minutes later by another group. Soon the first formation returns now heading west with the next trailing behind. Sometimes there will be 3 or 4 such groups going back and forth the whole time we are in the tub.

I'm not certain what kind of planes these are by now we are quite familiar with their lights we assume it’s military training operations. It started sometime ago with a lone plane flying back and forth with 2 or 3 lone planes following a distance behind one another. Lately it’s been getting pretty crowded up there.

The contrails are constant. X's, parallel lines, saw tooth patterns you name it. We even see them in front of the moon at night. My husband says he wouldn't be surprised if they started playing tic tack toe!

As far as helicopters I have recently seen a formation of about 10 black helicopters following the interstate south. It was creepy to see that many together in a group.

The only other increased activity of late has been the military jets. By the time we hear them they are already gone rarely catching a glimpse especially with all the contrails.

I don't know what is going on but we know our night sky very well and we notice activity out of the norm. This is not normal the waste of fuel alone is insane.

In my opinion there must be an urgent need to justify the expense of the steadily increasing numbers involved in these nightly training runs. We seem to be gearing up for something.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

You need to break out the camera with that much activity. You could probably get some interesting pictures, especially with the moon as a backdrop.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have noticed increased air traffic to and from Willow Grove NAS in PA. 3 months ago there were only 2-3 planes in and out a day and A10's flying around twice a weeks now they are overhead daily and over a dozen cargo planes per day.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
and people say to me war isnt ahead interesting this is thanks everyone i also saw 4 tornados and 1 nimrod fly past my place but i dont see much here, people sa the same thing happened before iraq war so this should mean we should worry of another war

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am in Southern California, on the coast, just north of Camp Pendleton. While pweagle has noticed an increase in military air activity in the so cal desert, I've noticed the opposite. During the summer months it's common to see air activity coming out of Camp Pendleton heading NE in the mornings and then returning to Camp Pendleton in the early afternoons. This summer I haven't noticed ANY military activity - seems almost eerily quiet.

However, over the last week I have seen an increase in small to mid size white planes. I generally just ignore air traffic in my area (unless it makes my entire house shake like the military activity does!) but what brought this to my attention was how low they sounded and how closely they were following one another. When I looked in the sky I expected to see police and news helicopters because those are what I associate with the sound of low flying, tightly clustered planes. To see one white low flying plane followed immediately by another and another and another, at least once a day and sometimes as many as four times a day, is strange and unusual! I don't know anything about planes so I can't tell you what kind they are and as far as I can tell, there aren't any markings on them.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Increase in helicopters, third or fourth this week. I always get lots of planes overhead, but more low-flying planes recently.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
for the most part, the only copter traffic I see are the helicopters coming into the Hospital or leaving it. Although I live near a base it's just pretty quiet here. I gotta say though, I saw a copter this morning and it wasnt a medical one flying over my head. hahaha. Nothing too important, but I think I've only seen a few of them (copters) out here since I moved. Nothing has worked me up into a rabid foam though. Ill keep my eyes peeled.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hi all,

The last time anything big happened, like the 2003 invasion of Iraq the USAF forward deployed B52 bombers to RAF Fairford 2 Weeks before the start of operations.

This also happened before the start of the first gulf war in 1991 and before the start of the NATO operation in Kosovo in 1999.

I think that if this happens again it will be a more of a sign that something is about to happen in Iran.

Here are some links to articles that might help.

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The KC130's are trainning missions. They are based out of Oklahoma. They follow the President around on Air Force One. Secuity for Air Force One is just one duty.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
KC-130s? They don't follow Air Force One around. There is NOTHING that a KC-130 could do to provide security. I think you're confusing them with the E-4 and the Gulfstream IV they started using more recently. A KC-130 couldn't keep up with Air Force One, or carry enough cargo to be useful. A KC-130 is just a C-130 with two extra external fuel tanks to refuel helicopters.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I spent the summer at CFB 14 Wing Greenwood This summer and there was alot of fighter traffic. more than any of the other 4 summers I have spent there,

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, one thing everyone has missed is the date.

Right now, it's 31 Aug.

30 Sep is the end of the fiscal year for the military.

Increased military air traffic could be Active duty, ANG or Air Reserve units burning up flying hours. They get "X" number per year, and if you don't use 'em, you lose 'em.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I was going to bring that up earlier, but with all the people going on about how we're going to war, I figured it would be ignored. That's probably the most likely explanation for why there were more flights, and why there are fewer now in some areas. They used up their budget and now only fly when they have to, or can get emergency funds.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join