It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual light activity...6 x pics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
cjb

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Heres 6 x pics taken in sequence of a unusual bright 'light' , probably over water, looking South towards Sydney (out of pic to right of frame... Long Reef is in the foreground) on 30 March, 07. I used a Panasonic FZ 50 with 420mm lens and tripod. The second image is a crop of the first, and there was a lapse of several seconds between shots. The light was about 20 miles away I guess? One of the unusual aspects I have witnessed in the past is the apparent ability of objects to seemingly hover or fly very close to each other, even throwing the same trail. Perhaps these night pics show something of this nature.... chris

5.53.59am 4 sec shutter speed

5.53.59am 4 sec shutter speed

5.54.16am 2 sec shutter speed

5.54.27am 2 sec shutter speed

5.54.39am 1.6 sec shutter speed

5.54.52am 1.6 sec shutter speed

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't suppose there is an airport off to the right here is there?

cjb

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I don't suppose there is an airport off to the right here is there?

Hi schuyler,
No, I don't think this is landing at Sydney airport which is about another 30 miles(?) to far right, out of frame. Actually I don't think any planes land at that time of the morning.The light seems to be over the Ocean in the pics...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nice pictures... good job! Also very good that you took one with the surroundings in it... most people tend to forget this. I can't help you with what it is though. At first I thought it were the afterburners of a jet but a closer look shows it's in the wrong angle for that. Are these the highest resolution pics you have available?

Juliet

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's good to see some UFO pics closer to home.

Hate to be a dampener but it kind of looks like a flare, with the smoke-like trail coming off it.

I could be wrong though, nice shots regardless.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjb
No, I don't think this is landing at Sydney airport which is about another 30 miles(?) to far right, out of frame. Actually I don't think any planes land at that time of the morning.The light seems to be over the Ocean in the pics...

Okay. I was thinking landing lights, of course, but they wouldn't turn them on that far out. It's only for the last mile or so.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Are pics 2-6 crops of originals ?

If so, can you post the orig's, or
a link to them ?

Thanks,
Lex

PS : I know they aren't crops from pic 1.
Just saying, before someone points out
the obvious.

Edit to add : Except for pic 6, looks like an
out-of-focus aircraft making a turn.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Except for pic 6, looks like an

I think it looks like a plane, too. So I thought he had his landing lights on for a spell, but in context, maybe not. I can see a faint outline in all but the first pic.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Gee. I like this one. There isn't any "facilities" near Sydney I would think. I could be wrong. Pic two and four sort of suggest a re-enty vehicle to me. Not unlike how the cancelled RosCosmos "Clipper" or how something like that might look. The others, look cool. But if it's over a city... I guess not. Now if it were Woomera? How high did it seem? Is there a way to estimate the size? What does the OP "think"? Good post
Gear!

Cheers,

Vic

cjb

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
Nice pictures... good job! Also very good that you took one with the surroundings in it... most people tend to forget this. I can't help you with what it is though. At first I thought it were the afterburners of a jet but a closer look shows it's in the wrong angle for that. Are these the highest resolution pics you have available?

Juliet

Hi Juliet,

Thanks for your comments. I'll post the originals shortly....chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
It's good to see some UFO pics closer to home.

Hate to be a dampener but it kind of looks like a flare, with the smoke-like trail coming off it.

I could be wrong though, nice shots regardless.

Hi foofstarr,

Thanks for your interest...chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Are pics 2-6 crops of originals ?

If so, can you post the orig's, or
a link to them ?

Thanks,
Lex

PS : I know they aren't crops from pic 1.
Just saying, before someone points out
the obvious.

Edit to add : Except for pic 6, looks like an

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Lexion]

I'll do it now.....chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here's the originals from the camera...chris

www.surfin.com.au...

www.surfin.com.au...

www.surfin.com.au...

www.surfin.com.au...

www.surfin.com.au...

[edit on 14-8-2007 by cjb]

[Mod Edit: ATTN: Image Size Guidelines - Jak]

[edit on 15/8/07 by JAK]

cjb

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Gee. I like this one. There isn't any "facilities" near Sydney I would think. I could be wrong. Pic two and four sort of suggest a re-enty vehicle to me. Not unlike how the cancelled RosCosmos "Clipper" or how something like that might look. The others, look cool. But if it's over a city... I guess not. Now if it were Woomera? How high did it seem? Is there a way to estimate the size? What does the OP "think"? Good post
Gear!

Cheers,

Vic

Hoi vic,

Thanks your your comments!

chris

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thanx for posting the originals. I still don't know what it is you caught with your camera but I have done some things with it in my image programm which I hope will help others determinate what we see.

In this image I enlarged a cutout of the source image and circled the places which in my eyes are the source of the flames (or what appear to be flames).

This is the yellow channel (split from the cut from the source) which gives a more detailed look at some features of this unknown object.

This is the threshold picture which outlines the image, sometimes you can make things out of it... I can not in this case but maybe someone with some expertise in aircrafts or ufo's can.

Juliet

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just a suggestion but my partner goes to flightshows sometimes and he mentioned an australian aircraft with a burning device. Now this thing seems to make some pretty spectacular moves and has a kind of flame tube attached to it which makes it weird shaped. I don't know if the pictures you posted are this aircraft (f111) but i'll post a picture of it for comparisation.

Juliet

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Is there any chance we could get some BIGGER pics on this thread? I'm looking for an excuse to buy a 50" monitor!!

Nice pics. I'm sure the analysts will do a great job on them.

Becker

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
cjb,

Please change the pics to links.
Btw, do you own a video camera? These lights are similar to the one's in your last post. Seems that you are seeing them often. I'd like to see a video. A video will help in finding out if they are man made or ET.

cjb

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hi Juliet,

Thanks for doing that work on the images. Personally I think there are separate objects there, and I don't consider it a plane.....chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi ambushrocks,

Well the trails look different to that plane pic you posted... I will post more about trails in the future...chris

top topics

<<   2 >>

join