It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese massacres Tibetan refugees

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
heres the video if you haven't seen it.

ummyeah.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by k4rupt
At least China didn't invade a little oil-rich nation which led to the deaths of over 600,000 innocent Iraqis now did it? Oops, gave my little riddle away...

Now I'm not saying this did NOT happen, but

....First of all several countries went to Iraq...second of all 600,000 Iraqi people were not killed by the coalition...

The death toll is less than 100,000, and many of those people were killed by "the insurgents/terrorists".... nice try.... and this is not even part of the discussion...

As for the Chinese government doing this, if they can kill their own people for being "too democratic", for not paying taxes, for being part of certain religions etc, I don't think they would have much remorse shooting Tibetan people trying to escape the Communist regime.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Muaddib]

see, another "they are evil communists" stereotype, like I mentioned before.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by warset]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Why dont you answer my points?, when you first posted you in this thread you were pleading me to respond and you were supposedly going to educate me. Changed you tune so quick

Originally posted by HimalayanThe same old Propaganda repeated over & over!

Propganda?. I am not affliated to the chinese government, i do not think the same way as the chinese government. How i am the one spreading propaganda when you are talking about "your" people and refering to them as "my" people?

Not from my side, who is linking to and quoting tibetian nationalistic sites for information?. I gave you a netural site from a american .edu website which highlights what the TRUTH is.

You have given your "own" opinion as fact and not a netural source.

it is the type of vibe in your post that reeks of lies that people can pick up without much difficulties.

I think people are intelligent enough to see you shiver when i provide facts anf figures. Now where are your sources again?. oh thats right, your uncle told you so

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
ChinaWhite, I posted sources from the United States Security Department on torture and unfair treatment of Tibetans which backs up what Himalayan is saying. Not to mention Himalayan actually has seen the conditions with his/her own EYES.

But we are just ignorant

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
second of all 600,000 Iraqi people were not killed by the coalition

That wasn't his argument. he said the invasion led to the deaths and not killed by the coalition forces

The death toll is less than 100,000

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Himalayan
If these soldiers have the nerve to shoot and kill Tibetan refugees (who are trying to flee) in front of many foreigner and sherpa's climber then imagine what happens in Tibet.

Or it could mean they were running away from the chinese soldiers and definate jail time because they assualted them beforehand

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I posted sources from the United States Security Department on torture and unfair treatment of Tibetans which backs up what Himalayan is saying.

Which are bias

The difference is, i posted a US funded site which did a independent study and not a site which recieved funding from the chiense government which Mr H accused chiense people of doing

Not to mention Himalayan actually has seen the conditions with his/her own EYES.

This here is a example of someone which believes anything he wants to hear

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Which are bias

The difference is, i posted a US funded site which did a independent study and not a site which recieved funding from the chiense government which Mr H accused chiense people of doing

Why is the site by the US Security Department biased? Is the EU biased as well when it says China has major problems with human rights?

This here is a example of someone which believes anything he wants to hear

Come now Chinawhite, since you haven't been to Tibet and lived with exiled Tibetans you are believing what you want to hear as well. Right?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
chinawhite: serf this serf that, quoting from this and that...

Are you a Tibetan? If you have not lived in a Tibetan community then how the hell you know about my culture, politics and what not?

Yes there were serfs and landlords or master, I never denied that but that is the not WHOLE Tibet. Tibet is very rich in culture and very diverse when it comes to Tibetans livelyhood. There are Tibetans from many background. Serfs and Master like you claim is a very small percent of Total Tibetan population.

So people who fled to India are they all masters? But wait, you and China claims that we were liberated? right?

I'm a Tibetan, I know about my Identity better than any outsiders, espcially like yourself.

Do you want Japan to write about China?

-YOU ARE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF AND EVERYONE CAN SEE THAT. EVERYONE CAN ALSO SEE THE LIES YOU ARE POSTING HERE, ATS FOLKS ARE HAVING A BLAST LAUGHING AT YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPT.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Himalayan]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
china is a "peaceful nation"
Chinawhite is just proud of his country. Let him be, no matter how ignorant it sounds.

No country is perfect. But you look like a biased homer when you try and make up excuses for your countrys inhumane actions... Theyre killing innocent ppl who are just trying to go about there business. One at a time......

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Why is the site by the US Security Department biased? Is the EU biased as well when it says China has major problems with human rights?

Why?

I thought it was self-explaintory. Would you consider it bias if i quote the chinese counter-part of the US Security Department about human rights in tibet?

Come now Chinawhite, since you haven't been to Tibet and lived with exiled Tibetans you are believing what you want to hear as well. Right?

Believing what?????

A random poster starts posting about "his" knowledge on tibet and you even start to quote him on his information as if it is fact?.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Himalayan If you have not lived in a Tibetan community then how the hell you know about my culture, politics and what not?

Your culture?

Which culture were you brought up in, "a Catholic school in San Francisco" or a monastry in tibet?.

LAUGHING AT YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPT.

Maybe then, you can get to answering my FACTS AND FIGURES FROM NEUTRAL SITES

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
EDIT:

I wondered why you posted in this thread,

Here are a few interesting quotes from you. Seems to care less about HR and more about "american" interest

"And you compare us with these rediculous backward middle eastern morons?"
"These ppl[Muslims] are brain washed bafoons!!! They embaresse themselvs and dont even know it."

Full post here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by semperfoo
china is a "peaceful nation"
Chinawhite is just proud of his country.

No one claimed that so there is no need to call someone ignorant when your making yourself the fool. Also, you refered to china as "my country" how so?

No country is perfect. But you look like a biased homer when you try and make up excuses for your countrys inhumane actions... Theyre killing innocent ppl who are just trying to go about there business. One at a time......

There are no excuses, i am stating a opposite opinion about the events instead of repeating the propaganda being spread by the western/american media. They called it a massacre when a grand total of ONE person died.

Also about your point about no country being perfect, China and the West are on the same boat

[edit on 2-11-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I thought it was self-explaintory. Would you consider it bias if i quote the chinese counter-part of the US Security Department about human rights in tibet?

Of course that would be BIASED. China is directly involved in the Tibetan situation. China admits to CENSORING its news. The United States and Europe are not involved in Tibet, they are outside sources reporting on it. And if you watch the video, there are foreigners traveling with Tibetans who criticize the Chinese. I don't know how unbiased you want something to be.

www.youtube.com...

A random poster starts posting about "his" knowledge on tibet and you even start to quote him on his information as if it is fact?.

When Himalayan says that Han Chinese are now the majority, Tibetans are the minority, Tibetans are living in exile, and Tibetans were terribly mistreated by the Chinese, he is telling the truth. It is fact. If you don't believe it, look it up. I don't even want to waste my time getting links for you so you can say they are not real even if it is the US Security Department or EU Commission saying it.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhiteNo one claimed that so there is no need to call someone ignorant when your making yourself the fool.

You ppl are on a totally different level of swearing its not even funny! But i will try and decihper for futures sake!
Im makeing a fool of myself? How?. Oh well. Either way I wont lose sleep over it...
If you dont like being called an ignorant moron then dont act like one.. OKAY! Pretty simple....

Originally posted by chinawhiteAlso, you refered to china as "my country" how so?

Because your OBVIOUS hard on for it.. The pictures in your avatar. Your name... Hell the sky.... dont play dumb...

Originally posted by chinawhiteThere are no excuses, i am stating a opposite opinion about the events instead of repeating the propaganda being spread by the western/american media. They called it a massacre when a grand total of ONE person died.

It was a massacre. The soldiers were up on mountian top sniping ppl out. Injuring some and killing others. Even if it was one. Why did that ONE have to die? Just because he was fleeing from the inhumane treatment that his or her ppl were suffering from? Maybe death would be better for these ppl?...

Originally posted by chinawhiteAlso about your point about no country being perfect, China and the West are on the same boat

Atta boy!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
You ppl are on a totally different level of swearing its not even funny!

You people?

Please, dont group me with other people. I am on the level a few levels below in swearing since i haven't done any on this thread or the vast majority of my post

Also, when you come into a thread and the first thing you do is call someone ignorant without even providing anything to the discussion shows your already on the backfoot and are just here to troll or spread your own agenda

Because your OBVIOUS hard on for it.. The pictures in your avatar. Your name... Hell the sky.... dont play dumb

Maybe i have a love for chinese culture?

It was a massacre. The soldiers were up on mountian top sniping ppl out. Injuring some and killing others

Injured ONE
Killed ONE

Massacre as defined by dictionary.com
"1. the unnecessary, indiscriminate killing of a large number of human beings or animals, as in barbarous warfare or persecution or for revenge or plunder.
2. a general slaughter, as of persons or animals: the massacre of millions during the war."

A massacre aye?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

The United States and Europe are not involved in Tibet, they are outside sources reporting on it.

I cant believe you are even trying to contest this....

Maybe you should look at their agendas because HR is surely not their actual priority with the crimes they have commited. Dont tell me the Americans and Europeans would spend millions of dollars on a study for no reason. Maybe it would have to do with the china pre-WTO

When Himalayan says that Han Chinese are now the majority, Tibetans are the minority, Tibetans are living in exile, and Tibetans were terribly mistreated by the Chinese, he is telling the truth.

Coming from someone brought up in an "a Catholic school in San Francisco" talking about culture and his people while his living in the US.

A) He does not live in tibet
B) Even if he did live in tibet, he would only have gone there on a tourist package
C) I dont believe a word he said about being tibetian and going there

you would believe anything you wanted to hear

I don't even want to waste my time getting links for you so you can say they are not real even if it is the US Security Department or EU Commission saying it.

And because the worlds came out of the US president or the US government does that mean it is correct or un-bias?. You seem to be un-aware of what the US is doing and has done to countries over the last 50 years. Why has it accused countries of HR abuses and at the same time, support countries which were doing the same offences?. Are you one of the people who actually believe in WMD in iraq?

You put way to much faith in what you want to hear

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You put way to much faith in what you want to hear

You do too dear, since you don't have first hand accounts of anything you are saying on this thread either

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Massacre as defined by dictionary.com
"1. the unnecessary, indiscriminate killing of a large number of human beings or animals, as in barbarous warfare or persecution or for revenge or plunder.
2. a general slaughter, as of persons or animals: the massacre of millions during the war."
A massacre aye?

Easy fluffy cakes. dont get you pantys in such a twist. Heres my question.... how many tibetans has the chinese government killed already for makeing this treck to see the dali llama?

Injured ONE
Killed ONE

YEAH, like this was a one time encounter......

This was an encounter that just happened to be filmed by westerners. It just hasnt been filmed before this. It is a massacre when they continuesly hunt these ppl down barbarically killing and wounding them.

The chinese governments F'ed
The US governments F'ed.
This whole world is F'ed
Why defend them? It starts with us ppl, we are the difference maker.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Looking at the video... seemed heavily edited.

The video cameras seemed to have to focus on the Tibetian group from the right... then later from the left... all different angle and at long distances. I suspect they were put together of different incidents. So, as ChinaWhite had said, what happened before.. we would know for sure.

Also, I didn't know the ak was that accurate.. single shots hits and gun fire sound return at the same time.... hmmm. Edited ??

BTW, I'm not saying people wasn't killed.

Also, Do climbers ascend from Nepal side or china side ? If from Nepal side.. then I wondered if those were chinese soldiers at all...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join