It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Questioned About Anti-Bush Website

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yeah shots that brat needs to be taken to a SS concentration camp, I mean a secret camp and be punished to the extend that is applicable in the new and redefined enemy combatant rules and regulations.

And let make sure that she is striped from her citizenship and she should be happy because congress make sure that unusual punishments and experimentations will not be allow in secret camps what a pity.

Yes she and any other brats in our nation that dares to opposed the regime in power needs to be taken away and teach them the fear of the government so they don't dare to become a threat to national security.

What a joke.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

What a joke.

I see no joke in making a threat such as she did. We are a nation of laws and she broke it. Oh and let us not forget that very same law applies to all elected officials but I realize you are taking advantage of the situation by bashing him.

I voted for the man and even I am not all that happy with the way things have turned out, but that does not give me the right to make a threat on him or anyone's life for that matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Shots I see a girl that did something stupid, we all did stupid things as kids at least I did.

But what I see also is the dangerous situation that we are living in our nation when it comes to the exercising of power to intimidate the population.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i guess maybe im just naieve(sp?) cuz i dotn see intimidation

its NOT like they dragged her off in cuffs to be questioned downtown. they pulled her out of class and talked to her. how is that intimidation? maybe they wanted to impress upon her the gravity of her situation, which lets face it, even under the OLD laws, was pretty serious.

what if she had threatened the principle of the school instead of bush, then had done something extreme? would everyone be crying that the cops didnt do anything?

cmon.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Oh c'mon,
Everybody know's the newspaper cartoon's are worse then just bush being stabbed in the hand.Who cares what a 14 year old think's, if that's what she wants to post go for it,
some people enjoy talking about Aliens some people just talk about hating on bush get over it,
Maybe if he was a better president the girl wouldnt be wasting her time.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
She broke a law...period.

While some may say they went overboard on this, they did something very standard in going and pulling her out of class. They are actually hoping to be able to question her without her parents being there. She, of course does not have to answer without her parents there, but that isn't going to stop them from trying. More than likely it was a tactic to get her to say a little something before her parents were around to tell her NOT to answer this or that. This is a very common way of getting information out of kids that are suspect of anything. The second you bring the parents in, they eliminates the chance of getting the kids to let something slip.

I also would be willing to bet that she didn't get too torn up about being pulled out of class and questioned by the secret service. Come on, she is a teenage girl looking for attention (hence the myspace page). As a female who was once a teenager, I totally believe that she soooo loved the attention she probably received after she was pulled out of class by secret service.

The secret service's job is to check out threats made against the president.

The other thing, while there has never been a teenager that has killed a world leader, political figure, etc. that doesn't mean that there can't be. There wasn't anyone who hijacked planes and flew them into a skyscrapers prior to 2001. There wasn't 2 teenage boys that gunned down students in their school prior to 1999 and there wasn't high definition TV prior to (insert year here). Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean that it isn't possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

But what I see also is the dangerous situation that we are living in our nation when it comes to the exercising of power to intimidate the population.

Where is the danger Marg??? Were you there? Did you hear them make threats upon her? Would it be any different if she had mad the threat against a Senator or congressman? No of course not.

In my opinion you are just trying to make it worse then it is and that is JMHO.

All they did was take her aside and advise her what she did was wrong at least that is the impression I and some others gather. So Kindly please stop trying to turn this into Bush is the bad guy because I am sure they would have reacted in a similar manner had it been Senator Kerry only in that case it probably would not have made the front page.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Gah! Gah! Gah!

I can not believe that anyone would support such action, this is moronic.

If someone wants to post a picture of George Bush being stabed in the head they damn well have the right too.

Would people have the same opinion if she had put a picture up of Sadam being stabed in the head? Would she have got a visit then?

I am sure there are many sites on the net with flash games and animations where you can kill Bush. Not to mention comedy programs where Bush is humiliated and such.

THIS STINKS OF PRE-WORLD WAR II Germany! And that scares me more than any Terrorist!

Next we will have people reporting their neighbours saying the think they are "Anti-USA" and then said neighbours disappearing into "Safety Camps" or something similar.

I also bet there are ALOT of people of many ages with Anit-Bush pictures and comments all over the web, should they all get visited too?

What about the movie which is based around the assasination of George Bush? Should that be banned? The creators jailed?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
So Kindly please stop trying to turn this into Bush is the bad guy because I am sure they would have reacted in a similar manner had it been Senator Kerry only in that case it probably would not have made the front page.

You know that is the problem in this boards when people assume that debating the happenings on our nation that involve power graps and agendas is all about been against Bush.

This about our nation and how is changing under an administration that happens to be Republican, its going to go both ways, it doesn't matter.

And not I will not stop voicing what I see as our nation becoming in danger because our politicians wants control over the citizens.

I did not said that I do not condemn what the girl did, my point is the reaction and the kind of approach use by our governemnt dealing with the population.

That is a problem with me, understand.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't think it was the animation/graphic she had, I think it was the title she had above it "kill...." but regardless....

As Sweet said, if you don't like the law, then take appropriate action against it.

The fact of the matter is, she broke a law. It is what it is. You are not supposed to say Kill the pres. Period. Just like you don't say bomb on an airplane/airport. Are you going to run through an airport and yell "bomb" and not expect to get questioned?

Just because thousands of people smoke pot and don't get arrested, doesn't mean it is not against the law. Just because lots of people post negative stuff about the president and didn't get caught yet doesn't mean that she shouldn't have.
More than likely someone reported her and she was questioned. Just because she was 14 does not make the possible threat not valid or not worthy of questioning. The secret service did exactly what it was supposed to.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
SHOTS,

If she was a threat, why didn't the SS pick her up when the site was up? I was informed she had taken the site down already. Is this currect, and if so, then why the visit after the fact?

You arguements seem to be slightly strawmenish.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I did not said that I do not condemn what the girl did, my point is the reaction and the kind of approach use by our governemnt dealing with the population.

Sorry but that is the way you come across often. Why not just come out and say I condemn her for breaking the law rather then saying it is all Bush's fault? As you stated it is going to happen no matter who is in office so why is this any different, a threat is a threat is it not?

Just to be far and example of a threat that never made the headlines

[edit on 10/15/2006 by shots]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waiting2awake
SHOTS,

If she was a threat, why didn't the SS pick her up when the site was up? I was informed she had taken the site down already. Is this currect, and if so, then why the visit after the fact?

You arguements seem to be slightly strawmenish.

Just because she took down the site and it doesn't mean that the "supposed" threat still didn't happen. I say "I want too kill (insert name here)." then later say "i take it back" does the threat no longer exist? What if (insert name here) was murdered, then I would be a suspect, because at one point, I made a threat or even a perceived threat against (insert name here).

The point is, she still said something that she shouldnt' have, the secret service needed to check it out even if she did take it down. It is their job.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jab712
Just because she took down the site and it doesn't mean that the "supposed" threat still didn't happen. I say "I want too kill (insert name here)." then later say "i take it back" does the threat no longer exist? What if (insert name here) was murdered, then I would be a suspect, because at one point, I made a threat or even a perceived threat against (insert name here).

- True, but how much of a threat could they think she is, if they didn't notice a social networking site that would come up first even on a google search for whatever threat she said in the first place. Besides, it still negates the obvious comman sense that I would think any normal person would have coming across a threat. Does this person have the ability to carry this out?", how serious is this or is this just another lippy kid? This is just silly and ment to send a message, one that sadly seems to have been heard already.

Originally posted by jab712
The point is, she still said something that she shouldnt' have, the secret service needed to check it out even if she did take it down. It is their job.

-If the SS has time to check out to see how serious a 14 year old with a myspace account is, then your country is in such dire need that I suggest you move immediately. To see how much of a threat she is would go something like this:
Manager: We have a case of a threat against the pressident.
SS - Is is OBL? Kadaffi? Putin? ALIENSSS????
Manager - No, not this time. It is worse. A 14 year old girl who likes boys, long walks on beaches and the band Zipperhead.Worst of all, she writes what she thinks!!!! This devilishly evil, villianous creature is obviously bigger than mere police department can handle.
SS - We'll go! Patting down small kids were our speciality when we were back interning with Foley.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waiting2awake
Something that I think needs to be put to rest is this notion that a 14 year girl could be a threat. For ever one example shown of a child making good on their threats, how many don't? Any guess what that percentage is? Next to nothing, statistically zero. This has nothing to do with her, she is just the patsy what won't fight back(As per the M.O of this Admin).

No law enforcement agency deals in chance when it comes to someone dealing out potential threats. You investigate every case fully and take it seriously. With that kind of logic, if there is a bomb threat to a school phoned in, do you not evacuate and say well, the odds the perp wont make good on their threat is pretty high, we wont worry about it? NO!!!! This has everything to do with the girl and her ACTIONS on the internet, every threat is to be taken seriously until it is fully investigated and found to be either legit(in which case steps will be taken to remove the threat) or to be false. Take no threat lightly no matter who it comes from until you know for certain whether that threat is legit or not.

apc

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
When I was in school during the Clinton "administration", a fellow student's 12 year old brother was detained for sending a threatening email to the White House.

So much for a "dangerous situation".

This is nothing new. This is quite normal. You threaten the President, you face consequences. It does not matter how much anyone may hate the President. The President is... well... the President. Promoting the assassination of the President is, and has always been a very bad idea.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Again, just because a 14 year old girl hasn't killed a political figure doesn't mean that one attempting it isn't possible. I am not saying she had some grand scheme to do so or that I really believe a 14 year old girl really could pull that off. (note: I say pull it off...not attempt at doing it)

I am occassionally surpised by things I thought were impossible and I am constantly surprised by what stupid people will do. So while it may seem unlikely that a 14 year old girl would do this, I would remind you of...."hey bubba watch this..."

Another thing, we can only assume with the information provided to us (not like information is ever hidden from the public or anything...) that a 14 year old girl had a website with a threat to the president. Maybe, just maybe, they had another reason to verify that this was just a 14 year old girl and not something else. They certainly wouldn't disclose to the public what they might have really been trying determine.

I just think before we criticize the actions, we should think about the possible reason why and also consider that they were doing their job. She did wrong, they checked it out. Whether we think it was overboard or not, it doesn't matter, they had their reasons for doing so.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That is a problem with me, understand.

I'm not sure what kind of response/reaction you expect the "government" to take. It was investigation a possible threat ... they do not know for sure who posted this threat and why until they go and talk to the people who owned the computer that connected to the ISP and created a myspace account with the message.

Yes, I'm sure prior to showing up and talking to parents and the daughter they had run everyone through and got as much info as they could on them. They still didn't know for sure who posted this threat and what the intentions behind it were. Just because the myspace account says it is hers doesn't mean one of her parents didn't post it or someone who had access to their computer. Hence the need to talk to the parties involved, established exactly what occured and if it was simply a teenager being a teenager or some real threat existed.

So they went to her class, big deal. Sure she probably got embarassed but that teaches her that actions have consequences. I would expect to be visited by the Secret Service if I posted a similiar website.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Is nice to know that in our country we are at the mercy of the government when we post pictures of hatred against political figures and officials.

Be glad we're not hung or shot by a firing squad and are merely "questioned".

We can not approach our elected officals either to tell them how disastified we are with their job as long as they are not Cheney or Bush if you can get that close to them.

It's quite easy to say publicly that you do not agree with them and are dissatisfied, simply do it, but don't throw threats around. People seem to be confusing threats with dissatisfaction. Threats are what's illegal.

I guess this will tell our children from early age that they have not freedom of speech as long as is not geared against the regime in power.

Once again, the girl wasn't hung for what she did, she got into trouble and basically told not to do it anymore like that. We all have the right to disagree with Bush and his cabinet and say we don't believe in his system and ramifications, the democrats do it all the time, even some republicans do it. There actually is a limit to your freedom of speech as one sad reporter has shown us during WWI. You cannot produce a CLEAR and PRESENT danger to anyone person or government. That is the limit, simply put: Don't be mean about what you say, be smart. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way.

Now the indoctrination of our youth is in full gear and our tax payer money are working to make the populations and the mases to be afraid very afraid . . .

True... but then again while I'm happy with my current situation as alot of people are, then it won't really bother them if they are being taught to be afraid.

This is not the American I grew up, thirty years ago when I was a teen, we had freedom of speech back then.

Yes, and we had things like Kenn State shootings and Berkley, California(more the 60's, but some bled into the 70's). The way the government is now has been unchanged for the past 60 years. FDR started it all.

These are my opinions and is the way I've been taught, so what if I've been lied to? It hasn't failed me yet. YET.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Shots I see a girl that did something stupid, we all did stupid things as kids at least I did.

I am so behind you Marge !!

I am more impressed that a 14 year old girl has an opinion about the government. Maybe the next generation will get something done. Give the nation that spark it needs.

On another note. I feel visiting her at school was not necessary. Bush needed some publicity the 14 yeaer old is the bait.

Lets not care about the sexual predators out there why waste SS for that.

What I would be impressed by - No child left behind - If BUSH himself went to meet with the girl to find out WHY she felt that way. Talk about good PR for the administration. Bush acctualy caring about youth that would threaten him. It would make a big impression on me at 14 to know my president appreciates my right of freedom of speech but that this is going to far. HE is all about family values but doesn't get down there with the famlies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join