It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Questioned About Anti-Bush Website

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yes I understand that they need to investigate something of this nature, but it could have been handled in a better way.

(I would have just edited my post but post editing isn't working at the moment.)

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by soul_failure
Are you kidding me? She wasn't being literal with it all. She was NOT planning to kill the president, nor cause any physical harm.

Irregardless of "planning" or "cause to harm," in legal expression or terminolgy, a threat, such as "Kill Bush," implies possible intent.

When placed in relation to the POTUS, the Secret Service and/or FBI will investigate to determine the legitimacy of that threat.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by soul_failure
...but it could have been handled in a better way.

Handling matters "in a better way" is subjective and abstract.
Anything and everything can and could be handled differently or "in a better way."

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even the knee jerk Bush bashers, but, frankly, I'm glad it works this way.

In Albuquerque, the Metro, District and Federal courthouses are all at Lomas and Fourth Streets and they represent some of the most beautiful architecture in the city and arguably the country.

So, one day when I was on jury duty, I took my camera and at lunch I took pictures of all three buildings and took very many of the Federal building, its being the most interesting one to me.

Eventually, I noticed two men in suits walking toward me, which isn't anything unusual, so I waited until they got out of my way to continue shooting.

As they approached, one took out his wallet and flashed a badge and introduced himself and his colleague as US Marshals and he asked me why I was taking photographs of a Federal building.

I told him what I was doing and why and said that if I wasn't breaking the law, I'd like to continue.

They said I wasn't and went on their way and I continued with my photography.

No sweat. No hassle.

I'm glad they asked.

You never know what people are up to these days.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Don't want to be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new media
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind f*** America.

Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Where everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
For that's enough to argue.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along to the age of paranoia.

Don't want to be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria.
It's calling out to idiot America.

____

Not old enough to vote, yet old enough to be harrassed by a government agency for expressing a teenage opinion.

Don't put kill Bush on a website, but its ok if you advocate nuking Iraq, or North Korea, or advocate assassinating a head of state like Chavez, or Kim il Sung or Castro, or lock people up without trial in an illegal prison that exists because of a technicality on foregin soil when the sovereign government of that country doesn't want it there.

Yay America! Freedom of speech...not.

Rather than going and pulling this girl out of school, don't you think the agents involved would have been better served looking for the next actual threat to the US?

There is a thing called profiling. You look at something and you determine its seriousness. I'd say 14 year old teenage girl is pretty damn low key, wouldn't you?

Get some perspective people. Kids see things their own way and go through phases. I'm shocked at some of the posters here who think this was a reasonable action to be undertaken. When do you actually want such things to stop because this kinda of thing is only a few degrees of separation from people showing up in the middle of the night and removing someone to a "politican rehabilitation centre", or Gulag, as the Soviets called them.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
With 106 million accounts as of over a month ago, with 230, 000 new users a day, HOW ON EARTH DID THE SS FIND OUT ABOUT THIS???

As far as I can work out, the only threat made was in graphics form, so there was no editable or search-able text that included this message. How did the Secret Service find one image out of the hundreds of millions that had this death threat?

If this girl included the message in some text on the page, then sure, it's understandable, but if not . . .
Has this been discussed elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The very same agencies that built backdoors into everything (see f-ex. this link) are suddenly unable to just send a request to the internet company to pull the site and place an explanatory message in its stead and mail the parents?

The true purpose is of course intimidation, that's why they didn't just approach her at home, but took her away in front of class. such conduct is extremely alarming, since it clearly shows that this particular action was in fact targetting a random group of people. Everyone is a target.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
this proves again the american government is full of shizo's. why did we fight for hunderds of years to have freedom of speech ? To get a guy like G.W.bush to catapult us back 2 a regime thats remind me very much of the regime they are condeming now like in Korea now . Al the talking of freedom of speech is crap when u sanction little girls . Why do they take on kids, don't they have the balls 2 take on guys like us? I guess we are more of a danger for them !!

a big
for US Government!!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Rofl!
That's really pethetic. Why not waste taxpayers money on something useful?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
As far as I can work out, the only threat made was in graphics form...

Read page two, she had the words "Kill Bush" written on top of the image, obviously something like that will get picked up.

Now as for the topic, I expect nothing less from the Secret Service, it is their duty to protect the president from ALL possible threats. They have to investigate incidents like this no matter how mundane or unthreatening you may think they are, they cannot take that chance with the life of the POTUS at stake.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I expect nothing less from the Secret Service, it is their duty to protect the president from ALL possible threats

Come on since when does a 14 year old girl pose a threat to the Leader of the world?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
so now the ss can just walk into a school and take little girls away to "talk" to them how long before that little "talk" turns into a date with a 200 volt cable and a bucket of water i have a picture of bush dressed up like a devil on my website does that class as a threat does it mean i now want bush to rule in hell so he should die or is it that i think he is the devil incarnate or is it a political satire and a joke.
the thing is that a 14 year old girl being made an example of is hardly a thing done by civilised pepole why not just attack her in the street or kidnapp her and take her to guantanamo or some other kind of "prison" i mean did the ss suddenly see the picture and raise the alarm "sir a little girl is posting a picture of the president and a knife is........ IN HIS HAND" "oh no call the ss a little girls becoming an extremist" and tell me this how many ss agents does it take to remove a little girl from a class shes hardly likely to make a break for it did they have a swat team on standby in case she tried somthing.
This is just one more example in how we have no freedom to do anything but you know what che guevara said "silence is just an argument carried out by other means" i think the ss is actually quite a fitting name for them now which other dictator had a secret police removing people from there works,homes and schools and shutting them up with threats and other such stuff werent they also called the ss just out of curiosity does any body other then the little girl and the big butch ss men know exactly what was said during their "talk" until goverments stop opressing people and using muscle to get what they want this world will never be free

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic
Come on since when does a 14 year old girl pose a threat to the Leader of the world?

If you're capable of deliberately and consciously making a threat against anyone, let alone the president, you are a possible threat and therefore should be questioned about your intentions.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
From my point of veiw, the two secret services pulling her out class will make her atleast popular in school not less..

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Galiega]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
saturnine_sweet

You are so right!!!!!

How dare our youth to even dream that they can think for themselves, they need the fear of God on them, how dare them.

Yes they need to be indocritated and brainwashed that in the American of today is not such thing as free thinking.

How dare that girl making ugly pictures of our beloved president in such horrible and dirty sites.

I agree one hundred percent with you, this is America and in America you can not speak ill of anybody on the regime in power.

Thank God we got Bush to take care of us and make laws to keep the population in control withou him we will be no more than a group of intelligent people.

How despicable.

Does she think for her self.. I think sweet was dead on.

My little sister hates Bush, shes 13, I asked her for what reason and she tried to argue around it, I kept asking for a real reason because the reasons she gave where obvious scripted from some crap she found most likely on MTV (Have you ever heard MTV News briefs... oh my god.. if that is not biasd radical left wing hed quarters I don't know what is!) Any ways in the end she admitted she didn't have a good reason to hate Bush but that wouldn't change her mind.

Its called political ignorance, so many have it, they do not know the real issues.

My guess is the 14yr girl thought she was cool, because it is not "cool" to be a Republican now is it? I was a Republican in highschool, I was not entirely liked for it in my sociology and political classes (even though the vast majority of the little Dems didn't even know what Democrats stood for) - Our culture has made it more fitting to be Liberal then Conservative even if you don't know the difference.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Mod edit: Improper post deleted.

Galiega: Click HERE---you have an important U2U

[edit on 15-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Galiega, no doubt your post will disappear within the hour, but it prompts me to think if the SS watches forums such as these. Publicly, they only have 2, 000 employees, so the chances of the Secret Service themselves monitoring all the internet, or even just the active sites where a threat like this would have a higher chance of happening, would be low. Who gets the info and gives it to the SS? Would it really all be in house?

If your threat is taken seriously (and I hope you're kidding; killing someone is stupid and wrong and hardly a way of making problems go away), tell us about how these guys approached you and how they spoke to you. If they screamed at a 14 y.o. school girl with love hearts on her backpack I could only imagine how they would handle an adult, if you are indeed over 18.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Im 14 and in England, they will have get jursticiton here, also they may just send MI5 for them, i personally just wanna look at how they work if it does work.

Also if you think about it if they did just come here over such a threat, they would receive more critism, also their may be federel agents who check this site out now and again since Weise guy incsident.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic

Leader of the world??? I thought he was President of US not the world. I must have been tripping on the shrooms and missed out on the ceremony when he was made President of the World.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well, I would think that they would be obligated to follow up on that threat you made. Their primary mission is to protect 'protectees,' of whom the President of the United States is the primary protectee.

On the SS site, "The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees," and seeing as the President is the main protectee, and you just made a death threat directly against him, I think that gives them the jurisdiction to question you - I'm not exactly sure how all that turf stuff works, but I'm sure MI5 would be more than happy to help the Secret Service.

If they do happen to want to ask some questions, don't run, act polite, and if they are aggressive towards you, DO NOT RESPOND IN AN AGGRESSIVE MANNER!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join