It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Questioned About Anti-Bush Website

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Astronomer70

You truly deep inside believe tha is all for the fighting of an Ideology like terrorism, then our nation truly has believe all the propaganda that had been feed with the sole purpose than to bring a reason to make more laws that will in the end will affect us the regular Joe more than any terrorist anywhere.

Fighting Terror is nothing more than a hoax, and people has fell for it.

Sad.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by marg6043]

apc

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yes. People fell for it. They fell into a pool of their own blood. Very sad indeed.

I'm still wondering what this has to do with a kid being questioned for promoting the assassination of our President.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You truly deep inside believe tha is all for the fighting of an Ideology like terrorism, then our nation truly has believe all the propaganda that had been feed with the sole purpose than to bring a reason to make more laws that will in the end will affect us the regular Joe more than any terrorist anywhere.

Marg6043 terrorism is a criminal act not an ideology and terrorists are criminals of the worst sort who intentionally inflict pain and suffering upon innocent people for the purpose of terrorizing the public at large.

Believing that the primary purpose of the Patriot Act is to restrict, impede and make life more difficult for both confirmed and would-be terrorists is not at all the same as buying into all the "rationale" put forward by the government. One can recognize that there are flaws in the Patriot Act which impose an undue burden on the population in general, without condemming the entire law or stating that its sole purpose is to control the population.

Fighting Terror is nothing more than a hoax, and people has fell for it.

Sad.

The terror inflicted upon America on 9/11 was certainly not a hoax. The righteous pursuit of Al-Queda terrorists organizations in Afganistan and elsewhere is not a hoax either. Some of the governments actions in the so-called "war on terror" are questionable and I, for one, would rather they had not been taken, but they were taken after decisions made by people we elected to lead us.

Elections will soon be upon us and in those elections we can express our discontent and desire for change by electing people who do not support the actions we don't believe in. We can do our level best to influence the outcome of the elections by trying to persuade people that what we believe is what they should believe and attempting to get them to vote accordingly. However, when the elections are over we should rally together to support our elected representatives until the next election cycle.

Democracy in America is not a hoax, it is real and very much alive, but it will not remain that way unless we all follow the principals underlying it.

Peace to you and yours.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
first of all...majic...that was spot on! well done

I'd like to say that, even though the girl committed a crime according to the US law, then why did not the police see her about it rather than the SS?

for me, it seems the american government is a bit paranoid. how can you feel free to express your views in a country which will strike down so hard on anyone, for even the smallest of things (yes, smallest. look at it logically)? will they expect 3 year-olds to hide weapons in their dipers next?

it seems america is searching so for their enemies they fail to see why they have them in the first place. for yes, there are reasons to hate GWB and everything the Bush administration stands for. I say this because some of you seem to think there is no reason for the kind of behaviour this girl showed.

about 655.000 civilians have died in Iraq since the US invasion in 2003 (and because of it). and I am talking civilians here. that, alone, is reason enough for a girl to put such a picture on myspace. now, however, I believe she did not do it for that particular reason.

I don not write 'kill bush' anywhere (save from this example), because that is not my style. however, I could probably express anti-Bush thoughts hear without fear of being treated as the 'enemy of the state', since I do not live in America, and over here our views are...well..freer.

and just a last thing...Astronomer...democracy? there is no democracy in a country which will allow their political leaders to be involved in anything else than their political assignment, i.e any kind of corporate job/assignment etc etc. it creates a conflict of interests.
what is more interesting: human rights or money...hm...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The new meaning of American Democracy as by the present administration.

The concept of democracy as a government of people, by the people, for the people, has fast turned into government of puppets, by the puppets, for the bullies in Washington. This is the basic principle of the game for at least those who are outside the US. Within the US, democracy means a powerful government that considers its people’s opinion precious till it comes to power.

Wikipedia, meaning of democracy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Democracy (literally "rule by the people", from the Greek demos, "people," and kratos, "rule") is a form of government for a nation state, or for an organization in which all the citizens have an equal vote or voice in shaping policy

No, we don't have a democracy our natiuon.
The citizens of this nation do not voice policies anymore, politicians with agendas does that now.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by marg6043]

apc

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
marg must have me on ignore... or they refuse to admit the reality of their fault. I'm guessing the latter.

Apparently Democracy doesn't work so long as the majority disagree with the opinion being presented.

This soapbox ranting still has nothing to do with the promotion of the assassination of the President. I'm really wanting to know how some perceived stripping of rights or implied totalitarian regime has any bearing on the issue at hand.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Apoc, I do not have you on ignore, you present you point I present mine and we keep on going.

I was a teen when the Nixon era, I was in NY at that time, as a teen we do stupid things and one of them was to go into corners and scream for Nixon to resign and other things in between that now would be considered a federal offense.

We didn't have computers, E-mails but we were very silly, roudy and obnosious but we got a lot of fun out of it.

We never got arrested never got charge with anything and life and childhood keep on going and moved to responsible adulthood.

I stand by my point is not the same anymore and it will never be, tell me how many teens had tried to kill the president of the US, taking into consideration that the President live surrounded by a fortress of SS agents.

She did a silly thing and it was taken as an overkill.

I am done with this thread.

apc

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
People can cry for the resignation of the President until they're blue in the face without fear of legal consequence.

But the moment they cross the line and promote the President's murder, they have committed a crime.

It really, really is that simple.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by apc]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
People can cry for the resignation of the President until they're blue in the face without fear of legal consequence.

But the moment they cross the line and promote the President's murder, they have committed a crime.

It really, really is that simple.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by apc]

You are absolutely right Apc. She could have screamed she thought Bush was a complete idiot 1000 times. The second she promoted killing the President is where she crossed the line. You don't threaten the President PERIOD, serious or not.

There is a difference in saying you dislike/disagree/loathe someone and saying "kill someone"

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
Protesting PEACFULLY without trying to break into military installations or throwing bottles at police AFTER you've refused to move back.

Starting a peacful opposition MySpace

Wait until 2008 and actually vote this time (not the 14 year old)

[email protected]

Mail senators

There are lots of ways to go about opposing your government peacfully.

I agree with DoctorFungi.

*Protesting is ALWAYS a good thing. No question about it! Never let authority figures scare you away from speaking up. Always go down with a fight!

*As for blogs/myspace accounts....be honest, and informative don't be violent. Big Brother is watching....

*Voting...I suggest always exorcising your right to vote, tho theyre rigged anyway and the vote will go to the biggest baddest skull & bones member anyway...

*I also email senators, sometimes I get a personal response and othertimes it's generic.. Theres no way to tell really, but years down the line if you can look back and say you've done all you possibly could to turn this country around then you can feel good knowing you didn't go down with the ship...submissively.

Always exercise your rights, they're slipping away each day....they won't be around forever, unfortunatly.

-DG724

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join