It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Questioned About Anti-Bush Website

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Secret Serivice 101
False Positives:
Its a known fact that every President assasinated and attempted assasinations except for maybe the Ford incident was done so by either highly and coordinated professionals or someone directly or indirectly close to the President or VPs family,,ie: John Hinkley and his brother Scott Hinkleys relation with Neil Bush www.google.com...

They should know by now that there is a 98% chance that a ticked off citizen that vents with words and images is a non threat. I have seen them go after even dumber scenarios..its a control gig. Something to do and keep them busy basically. Im one of them and after signing a medical release in the interview there is no telling what they wanted that information for or what they had in mind.... Damn shame the SS doesnt protect the Office of the President from the criminals that occupy it.

Guess its funner to go around striking fear into people and doing the bidding of criminals

[edit on 14-10-2006 by magnito_student]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
saturnine_sweet

You are so right!!!!!

How dare our youth to even dream that they can think for themselves, they need the fear of God on them, how dare them.

Yes they need to be indocritated and brainwashed that in the American of today is not such thing as free thinking.

How dare that girl making ugly pictures of our beloved president in such horrible and dirty sites.

I agree one hundred percent with you, this is America and in America you can not speak ill of anybody on the regime in power.

Thank God we got Bush to take care of us and make laws to keep the population in control withou him we will be no more than a group of intelligent people.

How despicable.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There are ways to go about opposing your government. Threats is NOT one of them.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Like what?

Protesting so you can be arrested?
Sending poison pen letters?
Speaking directly to Cheney perhaps?

Nice try.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Protesting PEACFULLY without trying to break into military installations or throwing bottles at police AFTER you've refused to move back.

Starting a peacful opposition MySpace

Wait until 2008 and actually vote this time (not the 14 year old)

[email protected]

Mail senators

There are lots of ways to go about opposing your government peacfully.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
[email protected]

Mail senators

There are lots of ways to go about opposing your government peacefully.

Yes make sure that they are available and not sleeping with the powerful lobbyist in congress and that they are not busy E-mailing their pagers

When you people are going to understand that our political system is corrupted they work for themself and we are nothing than numbers.
on election day.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes make sure that they are available and not sleeping with the powerful lobbyist in congress and that they are not busy E-mailing their pagers

When you people are going to understand that our political system is corrupted they work for themself and we are nothing than numbers.
on election day.

Marg,

I am not talking about overthrowing the government here. I'm simply talking about stating your opposition. I know email isn't really that effective but my main points were based around the protesting and the girl simply using a peacful MySpace.

All I am saying is you don't have to threaten to kill someone or post pictures of them being harmed to get a point across. All it does is damage your argument.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

All I am saying is you don't have to threaten to kill someone or post pictures of them being harmed to get a point across. All it does is damage your argument.

You are right she should not have done it, I agree with that.

But in the other hand I see and over reaction from the part of the FBI, all she needed was to get banned and to notify her parents.

No, taking her away, but she could have been questioned in her own home with her parents in site.

I disagree with the actions that our now government is taking in pursue of what I may see as nothing more than instigation of fear for control.

We are living dangerous times in our nation.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You are right she should not have done it, I agree with that.

But in the other hand I see and over reaction from the part of the FBI, all she needed was to get banned and to notify her parents.

No, taking her away, but she could have been questioned in her own home with her parents in site.

I disagree with the actions that our now government is taking in pursue of what I may see as nothing more than instigation of fear for control.

We are living dangerous times in our nation.

I'll agree with that. The response was a tad harsh but a response was indeed needed. Better safe then sorry I guess.

With such a high level hatred (not just opposition) to Bush going on I can understand why the FBI is taking every threat to him pretty seriously.

Still... she is 14. Her parents should have been present when she was taken.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oh Jeez! Every excuse there is to make it an Anti-Bush thread! The SECRET SERVICE (not the "SS" as some people disrespectfully call them) are doing the same job they always have AND adapting to the times. For crying out loud, look where this story comes from. CALIFORNIA.
As liberal as the schools are back there, I'm sure the girl is being taught that its ok to post threatening images to the president because he is G. W. Bush (had it been Clinton, the girl probably would have been suspended and the school would have to make a public apology for "failing" to properly educate her). Maybe the school should be spending more time teaching her how to put condoms on boys and that sodomy between men is perfectly natural, but she probably already learned that in 5th grade (Probably got an "excelling" because nobody fails school now in California).
There's nothing to see here. Other than the fact some Californian made a huge deal out of it. The Secret Service has always had one mission. That is to PROTECT THE PRESIDENT no matter who they are.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Im glad that the girl is smart enough at 14 years old to not like bush.

Smart enough? or brainwashed? With the media and Schools the way they are these days, my guess is brainwashed.

Hopefully the Secret Service scared this girl enough so we have one less serial killer in the future.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The acronym for Secret Service is SS, I'm not using it disrespectfully. Although at this point it is ironic, isn't it?

But I'm glad that those threatening websites from 14-year-old suburbanite junior-high terrorist girls are under control. Who knows what havoc it could have caused; I'm just relieved that we can scratch this dangerous individual from the terrorist watch list.

I certainly feel safer.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Astygia]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Hopefully the Secret Service scared this girl enough so we have one less serial killer in the future.
You dont really mean this, do you??
Man, this takes the cake.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Marg (and others) -

This thread has nothing to do with the president directly, or what you think of him. It has to do with an ignorant child commiting a crime. If you commit a crime, there is punishment. A quiet resolution at home isnt much of a punishment. The actions that occured are not ones that will harm her, though apparently she's still to childish to have learned anything from it. But, at least, it was an attempt to teach her a lesson. Point is...SHE BROKE THE LAW. If you don't like the law, lobby your congressman to change it, start an opposition, become a politician. Otherwise, shut up and live with it. Whining doesn't help anyone. The law is the law and should be enforced, and if it is unconstitutional or a bad law in general, there are avenues to oppose and change the law. So do something, or deal with it, but please stop whining, whatever you do. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Saturnine-

I would have had no problem with this girl being spoken to by feds, with her parents present. But instead she was pulled out of class by Secret Service agents like she's an impending threat.

Regardless, this is a forum for all to share opinions. If you can't handle that, perhaps you should take your own advice.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
Marg (and others) -

This thread has nothing to do with the president directly, or what you think of him. It has to do with an ignorant child commiting a crime. If you commit a crime, there is punishment. A quiet resolution at home isnt much of a punishment. The actions that occured are not ones that will harm her, though apparently she's still to childish to have learned anything from it. But, at least, it was an attempt to teach her a lesson. Point is...SHE BROKE THE LAW. If you don't like the law, lobby your congressman to change it, start an opposition, become a politician. Otherwise, shut up and live with it. Whining doesn't help anyone. The law is the law and should be enforced, and if it is unconstitutional or a bad law in general, there are avenues to oppose and change the law. So do something, or deal with it, but please stop whining, whatever you do. Thank you.

Someone buy this man a beer!

There are better ways to achieve your goal than becoming emo, creating a myspace and committing a federal crime on it.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
...it's over the top to have Secret Service agents pull her out of class.

No, it isn't. That's what the Secret Service does and until they interview the target there is no way for them to know who is a threat and who is not.

As the article said, it was an excellent civics lesson. The Secret Service takes seriously threats to the President of the United States.

[edit on 2006/10/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Upset by the war in Iraq, Julia Wilson vented her frustrations with President Bush last spring on her Web page on MySpace.com. She posted a picture of the president, scrawled "Kill Bush" across the top and drew a dagger stabbing his outstretched hand. She later replaced her page on the social-networking site after learning in her eighth-grade history class that such threats are a federal offense.

www.boston.com...

Even she realized she was committing a federal offense.
The Secret Service and FBI spend a ton of resources dealing with this kind of crapola. As such, they are obligated to and will investigate every instance that is brought to their attention. Bet. This 'little, innocent' girl is no exception.

Here's a thought for those apologists of this incident:
You threaten the President (POTUS), be prepared to be picked up and questioned.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? She wasn't being literal with it all. She was NOT planning to kill the president, nor cause any physical harm. Although I do disagree with her ways of getting her point across, I can understand what she was doing.
Personally, I think the SS over reacted, especially since she was only 14.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by soul_failure]

[edit on 15-10-2006 by soul_failure]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
after the columbine incident and all the others that followed...u think that being a school kid affords you any level of "oh its just a kid, no big deal" these days?

i would hope no one thinks that.

ive had officers (sherrif) talk to me at work before, that was just the most convienent time to reach me. not to mention it DID illustrate a point to her schoolmates.

even at 14 she's a citizen with rights, had she not wanted to answer their questions without her parents or a lawyer thats her right. what, dotn think a 14yo would know that? well, then i guess its an object lesson in personal responsibility.

over the top? i disagree. over the top would have been cuffing her and taking her "down town for questioning". even that move i wouldnt have objected to. if it was an adult thats exactly waht would have happened. kids wanna act like grownups lets treat them as such. but thats not what happened. they pulled her out of class, talked to her and no harm no foul.

where exactly is the issue?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join