It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's don't physically Visit the Earth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's my question. Why would an advance race of beings, who've mastered the art of interstellar space travel, physically place themselves in harms way?

I'm positive they posses the techonolgy to see everything as if they were physically there. The reason I bring this up is, I was watching a discorvery special about the mars rover. And with our primitive space technology, we've already figured out that it's easier and safer to send a robot to Alien planets. There's no need to physically be there if you can experience everything through technological means. I do believe in Alien life, but It's hard to believe that Aliens would physcially visit our Planet, if they have the means to experience everything through technological instrumentation.

So think we need to rethink this entire topic.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I believe if one of the rovers on Mars actually had pictures of some type of being we would be sending people up there in a hot minute. If we found out that they were not as advanced as we are (or are not), I am sure someone or some government would be there eventually trying to manipulate them.

Would you want someone from Earth messing with another young civilization? If there are advanced races out there I am sure they would deter us every step of the way.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
They do have the technology to know what is going on on our planet without actually have to come here. They can monitor from across the universe and if necessary send a ship when they think they need to. It has been thought that many of the beings that do come here are more like robots or creations from a laboratory. Creatures meant to live in space and do the work of others who live elsewhere. It is just that their robots are much more advanced than our and look like actual living creatures. Of course there are actual living beings who also travel in space as well. You don't see them nearly as much though.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Actually, a lot of people say the greys are actually not alive. They are more like cyborgs. Either half matter, half machine, or just entirely machine. They work for the "real" aliens, who actually look much more like humans.

So they essentially are just sending super-advanced 'rovers', with more of a robotic humanoid look about them, possibly even with technology so advanced that it can think for itself and make it's own decisions.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Actually, a lot of people say the greys are actually not alive. They are more like cyborgs. Either half matter, half machine, or just entirely machine. They work for the "real" aliens, who actually look much more like humans.

So they essentially are just sending super-advanced 'rovers', with more of a robotic humanoid look about them, possibly even with technology so advanced that it can think for itself and make it's own decisions.

Now that sounds logical. But why would they allow their machines to be visible to the naked eye? They have the technology to cloak, and move without notice. So it's hard to believe that an advance being would operate in this manner.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
ganymede I have often wondered this myself. It would make a lot more sense if what people see and report as UFOs were actually remote sensing machines of some type. This would seem especially more likely since there is no conclusive evidence for biological entities having visited us.

And we should always keep in mind the term 'temporal chauvinism'. The chance that another race of beings would think the way we do is the most unlikely scenario. So a search should begin by looking at other possiblities.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganymede
But why would they allow their machines to be visible to the naked eye? They have the technology to cloak, and move without notice. So it's hard to believe that an advance being would operate in this manner.

They might not even have visible cloaking devices they might not see in the human visible spectrum. They could very well see in the far IR range and created cloaking tech in that range.

Perhaps they have no need to hide. I mean theres not alot anybody can do to stop them why hide from something that is no threat too you.

Maybe they do hide a majority of the time and only de-cloak for technical reasons. Heck even the bird of prey couldn't fire while cloaked.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganymede
Here's my question. Why would an advance race of beings, who've mastered the art of interstellar space travel, physically place themselves in harms way?

I'm positive they posses the techonolgy to see everything as if they were physically there. The reason I bring this up is, I was watching a discorvery special about the mars rover. And with our primitive space technology, we've already figured out that it's easier and safer to send a robot to Alien planets. There's no need to physically be there if you can experience everything through technological means. I do believe in Alien life, but It's hard to believe that Aliens would physcially visit our Planet, if they have the means to experience everything through technological instrumentation.

So think we need to rethink this entire topic.

That is a pretty entertaining idea. Then we could summize that " IF " the American and Russian versions of Roswell did happen :

1. they were from a less advanced civilization.
2. Maybe even seeds of technology for us to pick through.
3. Even worse, and advanced society sent the 2 crafts to see what each side would do to each other with the technology

Sort of like giving a group of chimps loaded hand guns to toss around for a few days.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by IntelRetard]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No probe, camera, or rover is EVER going to grant the same satisfaction and excitement of being there yourself and having man witness it first hand....EVER....

Now, while I agree that the aliens may not have the same or even a similar mindset as we do...logic would dictate that as long as the travel was relatively safe and worth the effort...then manned exploration is eventual. And, since we've been seeing large numbers of UFOs since the 40's, it's doubtfull all are unmanned....imho.....

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've never actually seen one. But I've heard them on many occassions. I've heard the machine like voice that others have mentioned. I've heard one of them even say to me once, "I was born in a womb just like you."

top topics

join