It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran - the war drums are beating on Fox News!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I was watching Fox News today, and there was this report titled 'war with Iran in 2006?'

The host of the Fox News show, said that the International Atomic Agency has said that Iran is 'just months' away from having a nuclear bomb. And then the show had this expert from paris come on, and they had a discussion in which they talked about how, omg... Iran is just a few months away from the bomb, what should we do? They talked about how Israel has started to call for military action against Iran, and basically they just put the idea of 'war with iran in 2006' into the viewers heads.

So i was interested enough to actually read online what the International Atomic Agency said. And here is the quote which proves that Fox News is just war mongering:

www.ynetnews.com...

El-Baradei estimated that once Iran's mothballed Natanz underground enrichment plant becomes operational, Iranians could be "a few months" away from a nuclear weapon.

International Atomic Energy Agency officials have said that it would take at least two years for the facility to become fully operational.

So there you have it. The IAEA didn't say that Iran was only 'a few months' away from getting the bomb. They said that 'once Irans underground enrichment plant becomes operational' Iran could be 'a few months' away from having the bomb.

So why did Fox News chose to ommit that fact, and portray the whole thing as Iran being only a few months away from the bomb, from NOW. And don't defend them by saying they just ommited a fact, but didn't lie. The report was titled 'war with iran in 2006?'

2006 isn't a few months after 2 years from now when that plant is online. 2006 is simply Fox News war mongering... the impression viewers get from the report is that Iran will have the bomb in a few months from now, so military action might be needed in 2006. That is textbook war mongering and propaganda.

btw i have the report recorded and can upload it for everyone to watch.

comments?

[edit on 6-12-2005 by metallicabrainz]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It seems to me that I saw another post here recently that Iran was going to be receiving enriched Uranium from Russia. Though I don’t know much about how that process works, it would seem to me as a layman that if they are getting it from outside countries they don’t need to make their facility functional.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
thats not true...

they would need a facility to turn that russian uranium into weapons grade uranium...

the stuff from russia would be too weak for weapons.

Fox News was war mongering pure and simple dont defend that man.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Defcon,
You are trying to skirt the issue. FoxNews used the El Baradai quote for their "months away" assesment but left off the inconvenient 2 years part. Whether that 2 years could be removed by importing the uranium does not change the fact that the SOURCE of their quote gives a much different timeline than they do. I don't think that FoxNews is advocating war with Iran, as seems to be the implication from this thread. However, they, just like all of those 24-hour cable news-junkie outlets know what sells and "OMG, Iran might have a nuke in 2008!" doesn't quite rank up there with disappearing white female teenagers on pleasure cruises.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Defcon,
You are trying to skirt the issue. FoxNews used the El Baradai quote for their "months away" assesment but left off the inconvenient 2 years part. Whether that 2 years could be removed by importing the uranium does not change the fact that the SOURCE of their quote gives a much different timeline than they do. I don't think that FoxNews is advocating war with Iran, as seems to be the implication from this thread. However, they, just like all of those 24-hour cable news-junkie outlets know what sells and "OMG, Iran might have a nuke in 2008!" doesn't quite rank up there with disappearing white female teenagers on pleasure cruises.

Exactly, and the fact is, during the report there is no mention made of the possibility of Iran getting uranium from Russia, so that doesn't excuse or explain the discrepency.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well that is why I commented on the fact that I was unsure how the process worked, not just to take up extra space. I was not trying to skirt anything nor be untrue. Your initial post only mentioned enriched uranium and I know I read that this was what Russia was providing to them. Even still, couldn’t they use that to make a lower yield weapon?

As far as fox or any news source is concerned I have no axe to grind with any of them, nor do I really follow news from them.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by metallicabrainz

So why did Fox News chose to ommit that fact, and portray the whole thing as Iran being only a few months away from the bomb, from NOW.

To incite fear in the people so George can "save the day" again

Fox news is unecessary news, always has been and always will be

It won't take long for others to follow though and wallah! we have another war on our hands. Vicious cycle it is, and becoming quite tired.

new topics

top topics

join