It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law; What would you do? Is it time to prepare?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
They dont sell silencers really, and the Anarchist cookbook is severly flawed. You'll blow your hands off

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've been successful at making napalm but I haven't really made anything else using it as a reference.. Anyways, I do not want to mark myself as a threat to national security so I think that I will not speak no more of explosives. Now, would it be smart to move into an already nuked area with a silo, you would be safe from future nukes as I doubt any government would launch two weapons at the same target twice. If you had a radiation suit and the silo was protected with thick layers of lead it could be somewhat safer then any other area (always go where they least expect).

[edit on 12-8-2005 by williell]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here's my advice for survival:

1: Move near a man-made lake in the pacific northwest.

2: Find the nearest indian tribe and see if you can attend a sweatlodge or ceremony.

3: Treat this ceremony as a church and go regularly, tithing to the medicine man just as you would at a church.

When the crapola hits the fan in a nuclear way, everyone south of Sacramento and east of Idaho is doomed (unless they can withstand three months of heavy fallout). So if you follow these steps, the natives will teach you how to hunt and live in what will probably be the only viable land in America. If you can have a geiger counter and know how to read it or perhaps how to perform radiological medicine/healing, your value to the tribe will be incalculable.

Your survival is assured. Simple.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Alot of the native ways have been lost, I am a metis and was actually born in newfoundland. I do not believe that even the natives of today could survive just from the land, they are now just like the settlers who came from the east now, they need to get jobs and work like everyone else now. Honestly, only the most prepared and knowledgable of all races will be able to get through the next large calamity.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.siloworld.com...
This site will surely interest almost all survivalists.. Does anyone know a URL to a more canadian silo maping site.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I do not believe that even the natives of today could survive just from the land

Depends on where you live. The Pac-NW is very nice country and yes, you could live off the land. Game might become scarce, but there's tons of plant food if you know where to look. Lots of fish in man made lakes too.

Best way to survive is to relocate to the safest land. Best way to survive on any land is to emulate the natives. Native Americans will always exist on the American continent, and they are able to endure the most gruesome of hardships. They worship this "American" land, you see.

"Martial Law" to them means a breakdown of whitey's control which would certainly be at least a partial re-birth of their culture. If you know any real Amer-Indians, you know they will survive under any and all conditions. Their culture may appear scuttled, but hard times in America will bring a rebirth to their religions.

All citizens will become redskins, when and if Martial Law happens.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Dont go to AZ to live with the natives. They all live in Houses and drive Pick-ups

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
2. It is impossible to place this country under martial law otherwise. There just aren't enough resources and manpower to carry out such a task. If there was a huge devestating (and by that I mean much larger than 9/11) terrorist attack then the city affected would be placed under martial law. The country would just be on high alert.

They would most likely use UN troops to assist using the reasoning that much of our forces are deployed.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
They would most likely use UN troops to assist using the reasoning that much of our forces are deployed.

Using ever US troop and every UN troop still wouldn't be enough.
You have over 300,000,000 people spread over 3,000,000 square miles. Effectively putting that much people in that large of an area under martial law is impossible.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Effectively putting that much people in that large of an area under martial law is impossible.

Most likely it'd be full military law inside population centers with DIRTs, tanks or choppers patrolling the outlying areas, I'd say. Lots of espionage, probably.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Everyone seems to be getting off topic here, but anyways, I think that a martial law upon the country is possible, I do not believe the troops would have to do much enforcing anyways because I don't think that people would have the guts to stand up to them.. They may only need highground, with highground, one guy could secure a few blocks, he could brutally inforce the rules with a round from a sniper rifle.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
www.digitalhemp.com...

www.agr.gov.sk.ca...

It is estimated that a man can survive off of 2 grams of hemp seed with
water per day. In Australian history books it is said that between 1842-1844 the settlers near what is now Sydney report to have survived a 2 year drought off only hemp seed, and leaves for foliage and vitamin C. Budhist's believe that Siddhartha (Budha) lived for 2-5 years off of 5 seeds per day on his journey to enlightenment.

The bushel weight of hemp is 44 lbs with about 27,000 seeds per pound (60 seeds/g or 17g/1000 seeds). Im sure that a person could carry enough hemp seeds to sustain himself while he grows the first few plants in the wilderness. The plants are unbelieveable, you may use them to make soap, food, textiles, rope, and so much more.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by williell]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yes, napalm is very easy to make. Thermite is also pretty easy to make, but good luck getting it alight! It would be usefull for blowing locks.

Muzzel loaders would be possible to make too.

So, what will the reptilians be up to if this does indeed happen?

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
lol, I never believed Mr. Ickes theorys because they seem to be to far out.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There've been a lot of posts since my last one so I'll just make a few comments on what I've read.

Survival Knives: I shy away from these, they may seem really neat but most of them aren't as strong as you would like. The knife with the screw open hollow handle makes it so the blade can't continue on through the handle. As a weldor I promise you it won't take much to snap the blade off. There is a model I've seen where the handle snaps open from the sides and everything is incased in a frame that runs through the blade.

Silencers: Not that you'd need one, but if you could get one, remember it lowers the effective range of your fire arm. If silence is what you desire perhaps you should conisder the benefits of a bow, crossbow or hunting sling shot. I've hit someone running full speed from 50 feet away with a sling shot, it'll make them think twice.

Hemp Seed: Trust me, if all you were eating is hemp seeds and you were living in the wilderness YOU'D DIE. Buddha may have eaten them, but only during his time as an aestetic (sp?) which he found to be an erroneous path. Buddha decided to follow the Enlightened Middle Path of moderation. You can not hike, run, cut and carry wood, clean animal meat or anything else if all you're eating is seeds.

Vehicles: I'd say only if you really need it. If martial law is imposed they will probably control 90% of all infrastructure including bridges, tunnels and major highways.

Companions: Only bring these if you're confident they can survive on their own. You might as well bring your children if your companions can't take care of themselves

Hand Signals: I read an article touting the importance of hand signals for squad based actions. If society collapses chances are you will raid a few hosues or stores, there may be people holed up inside there. Silence and surprise will be your only allie is such a situation.

Explosives: I fail to see the point in explosives. Stuffing some napalm in an old vodka bottle will probably get you killed, molotov cocktails are a waste of materials and hardly as destructive as you'd think. If booby traps are what you're after you'd have better luck with deadfalls and tiger traps.

Watches: Watches are important, you need to know what time it is. If you're on top of a mountain 5 miles from base camp you need to get going before it starts to get dark. You do not want to be stuck in the woods alone in the dark. Also if your compass breaks or you lose it you can tell you direction based on the time and position of the sun. Also if you have other members in your group you can synchronize with them.

I have had a revelation and decided to change my ultimate plan for survival. If anyone has seen the origianl Dawn of the Dead or Road Warrior you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm going to join up with a roving band of marauding bikers, we'll cruise through the waste land raiding villages and towns for oil and food. I'm still going to eat rich people though.

Most of the bug out kits we've discussed here are for wilderness situations. What would people include in an urban bug out kit? I remember the black out we had here in NY last year, much to my surprise it went quite well but i was stuck without a proper bug out kit. So I threw one together, here's what I put in it:

1. A small army surplus bag the fit on my belt
2. Weapons: I had a butterfly knife and 3 smaller knives for up close situations. If your going to bring only one knife you don't want to leave it sticking out of someone's chest. I also brought a roll of quarters

3. Flashlight
4. Candles. Just in case
5. Minor first aid supplies: I wasn't going to venture more than a mile from my house so I took what I'd ned to get back
6. Water: The blackout happened on the hottest day of the year
7. Boots. Steel toe of course
8. Light clothing. The bedouins of the dessert keep cool by wearing layers of loose clothing to trap the cooler air created by perspiration. I wore the clothing of course
9. Trade goods. Anything small I thought I could trade just in case. As it turns out people were more than happy to share their food, drink, and *cough* party supplies
10. Ski mask. If people were going to be looting left and right I was going to get myself a new tv. Oh well, I got a new one anyways
11. Handcuffs. There were no cops, and i remember what NY was like in the 80s

I suppose that's it for now. There're some good responses on here. Except some people seem to have never been in a survival situation. You have to prepair yourself mentally as well. Things will be a lot different when you're out of water, lost, hungry, your feet are covered in blisters, you've lost half your supplies, your map is gone, you have no weapons and about 150 people on your tail. If people are looking for you then you will be running non stop. Up hills, through trees, across highways. The people chasing you will not give up, they will have vehicles and weapons. There will be no turning back, surender may mean death but so could running blind. Chances are the people chasing you will be military or law enforcement, they will be trained in this type of thing. The most important thing you can remember is run, just run, don't stop, don't think, just run, don't take trails or roads. And when there's a helicopter looking for you, climb in a bush, curl up in a ball, and DON'T LOOK AT THE CHOPPER. A human face is the most discernable feature on you from the vantage point of a chopper.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah , Dawn of the Dead and Mad Max are like my favourate films. On Dawn Of the Dead I don't understand why the guys in the mall didn't just join up with the biker gang. They would have made an awesome fighting force! They had a chopper and about 100 vehicals for God's sake!

The new Dawn of the Dead kinda sucked though.........

Anyway, yeah building a professional mob would be a great idea.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I agree that you cannot be highly active when eating hemp seeds. Hemp Seeds provide a low calorie high protien diet which will provide you with all the nutrients you need to survive. However, if you want to be healthy and active you will need more calories, because of this I suggest that everyone also bring something really high in calories like syrup, sugar, or even fat itself. I(f you don't like the idea of carrying heavy syrup (which I don't) then I suggest that while eating the seeds that you catch other game for more calories, the seeds are nutritious, but they don't provide you with enough calories per day.

Also, check this out.. www.gizmag.com...

The LifeStraw – the invention of the century?

August 13, 2005 This aptly-named personal device could become one of the greatest life-savers in history. The LifeStraw is a 25 cm long, 29 mm diameter, plastic pipe filter. The most prolific killer of human beings in developed countries is the automobile, followed by a host of diseases resulting mainly from an indulgent lifestyle. The world’s most prolific killer though is diarrhoeal disease from bacteria like typhoid, cholera, e. coli, salmonella and many others. Millions of people perish every year because they simply don’t have clean water to drink. Until now, there was not much we could do about this because systems to clean water were costly and required electricity and spare parts and and and … but the LifeStraw now offers a viable means of saving tens of millions of lives every year. LifeStraw is a personal, low-cost water purification tool with a life time of 700 litres – approximately one year of water consumption for one person. Positive test results have been achieved on tap, turbid and saline water against common waterborne bacteria such as Salmonella, Shigella, Enterococcus and Staphylococcu.

I suggest that everyone spend a hundred dollars and buy fifty of these, these life straws could be good for when you settle down near a location with water. You could easily boil water and then drink it from a straw like this.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by williell]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am glad that this issue is being addressed.
There are a lot of things on this thread to concider.

The planning is important.
Plan like it will happen tomarrow. - not in 2 weeks, or 6 months.

I think that it would be suprisingly easy to controle the "masses" especially by placing the local PD's under the military. They do it Florida when hurricanes hit - so the concept isn't that much of a streach.
(Also note that Florida PD's are evolving into paramilitary groups).

The knowlege of what to have is very important, however having it before you need it is more important. It probably would not suprise anyone here howmany people wait until the hurricanes are almost here before stocking up on things - then they run around in a panic trying to get it all at the last minute.

A weapon? Maybe - maybe it will be easier to slip by if you don't have one.
(I wouldn't recomend it - but it's something to think about)

Learn to use your weapon! With supressors - if you don't know exactly what you are doing - don't think about them - they can be very bad.
If you know what you are doing they can ve good.

Get Ammo - you don't need 20K rounds, unless your a real nut job, you'll attract too much attention. How much do you REALY need 2-300 Rounds? Aim well.

Stay low, move fast, ride out the mess, then start acting. A running man can cut 1,000 throats in a night.

The major points are to survive through it.

Have a few "practice sessions" drill like you just looked down the street and are seeing them come - no notice just cut and run you have 5-10 minutes to get out.

Can you make it with a Swiss army knife and the clothes on your back?
(Didn't say it was a joy ride, could you do it? - I'm thinking about a woodsman I knew as a kid, he'd go hiking and the only thing he'd take was a knife - Thought it was an interesting skill).

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There is one thing I would like to add concerning the concentration camp issue. The powers that be only are interested in rounding up political dissidents, people like us, free thinkers, militia, patriots and survivalists; not the whole population.

I also am slowly planning for a survivalist situation not out of fear of a crashed society but mearly a soon to be un-free one. With the national ID, the recent passage of CAFTA, cameras popping up every where, police and gov't acquiring more and more powers over us, the recent emiment domain issue are the real issues that I fear, not bombs going off.

With that being said leaves me a question, I live in a major eastern city and am soon planning to move out to some rural location. What areas consist of a great retreat location for like minded individuals?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The only thing you have to do to get through martial law is obey the rules. It's not all that hard to do. Something would happen to bring to an end, you wouldn't have to get involved, and if it didn't happen, then it didn't. Whatever will be will be.

At the end of the day to get through a martial law situation all you need is to obey the rules and keep your head about you. Not become an armed fugitive camped out in the dessert.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join