It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law; What would you do? Is it time to prepare?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What would you do if martial law were declared right now? Would you just let yourself go into the concentration camps or would you run off into the woods somewhere?

I mean, a mirror of the attacks in London is all it will take to plunge the country into code level red and impending martial law. If we do not prepare soon, we could be almost to late to save ourselves.

I think it is time for us on ATS to form a sort of secret society preparing for the worst. If anyone is interested add [email protected] to their email, we can discuss the concept here and more personally through msn instant messenger.

Anyways, here's a list of supplies we should all have ready by now:

truck (with hydroponic equipment in the back)
hemp seeds
tent
ghuille suit
m16
sniper rifle
incinerating toilet
Riedys air water machine

If martial law were to be declared I would go to the most humid place in the United States. I would then establish my own bunker, I would have a solar panel to make electricity to power my air~water machine and incinerating toilet. Then I would simply wait for more people to come to my location. After I had a few hundred I would head to the nearest concentration camp with as little people as possible to free them of martial law which they failed to evade.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Does anyone have the locations of abandoned bunkers in the deserts of the United States where it is most humid. It would be wonderful If we could break into a real bunker to use as our hide out. What is the best way to make a nuclear fallout in a short period of time? What should it be made of?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
First of all, I personally think it would take a lot more than a London-style terrorist attack for the U.S. Government to declare martial law.

Secondly, why would you think that the establishment of martial law meant that you would be shipped off to a concentration camp? If anything, the crackdown would be against those of Middle Eastern heritage. The rest of the people would probably be told that there was a curfew and not to loot or protest and that's probably all, in reality. Why would they send the entire population to concentration camps? Do yo have any idea of the logistics that would involve? How would they justify it? It would be practically impossible.

Third, doesn't the establishment of a "secret society" here on ATS kind of run counter to the whole "anti-conspiracy" aspect of the forums?

Fourth, this thread is by far the most comprehensive guide to what to do in the situation you described, although I would be genuinely interested in hearing why you think this would happen and how they could pull it off. Seriously, the population of the United States is almost 300 000 000. They can't put all of you in camps and if they tried, I guarantee the rest of the world would be mortified.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Have you read that article that was recently advertised on the front page of ATS? I'll try and find a link, but it talked of how the administrations have been slowly changing the constitution to make going into martial law a simple process.

The Bush Administration just needs to provide evidence of a real nuclear threat to have a reason to establish martial law. They may not do exactly as I said, they may be more selective of who they imprison, but you must admit that something shady is going on in a covert manner at the moment. The government is becoming tyrannical, they are creating unjust wars, campaigns, and programs which serve no real purpose or aren't actually accomplishing their original objectives(Unless they have a second agenda?).

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Take a look at my post and comment, if you are right well then we are both right and that could spell trouble for everyone in the world other than just Americans.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The NWO will declare martial law to some sites, but all it is like what Northern Ireland was. It's like a police state with the military. If you've played Half-Life 2, City 17 was under martial law I think. Anyway, I'm not a terroist so I wouldn't really care.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I do not think Martial Law will suddenly fall upon the U.S. unless there is a massive attack(which is likely), it has been building up steadily and subtly for some time now, and in order for it to happen as smoothly as possible, i don't think the government can dive feet first into it without some more steps.
I agree with you that people should be at least considering the possibility of Martial Law and the other "what if's" that could happen once it has been established, as i am sure things would not stop there.
The one thing above everything else which worries me is peoples dependancy on food, and how they could acquire their own.

Right now i am still holding on to the hope that things will not come to this, but it does seem like a very strong possibility... almost inevitable. Yet i have given it some thought, and tried to work out what i would do. It is hard to predict the future though.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If martial law were to be declared, it would most likely be in response to an extremely serious incident that essentially incapacitates the civilian justice system. The situation would have to be so extreme that police alone can no longer maintain order so the military is needed.

In Ex Parte Milligan 71 US 2 1866, the Supreme Court of the United States held that martial law could not be instituted within the United States when its civilian courts are in operation.

The Tennessee Constitution outlaws martial law within its jurisdiction.

Both from en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I live in a remote area....having said that, I've also went from athletic to fat and lazy. lol. I'd take my family to a good hiding spot, work off some lard while laying in some supplies of this N that, and try to make it. I'd prefer not to fight, but in a kill or be killed situation (or being taken to some camp) they can consider me and mine compost before that would ever happen. I know that I can survive forever if need be....unless there's a nuke. That's the one thing that scares me most, but I don't ponder that, and regardless I would still try.
Our gov has about a thousand ways to declare martial law now, and while I don't consider myself paranoid, I do think it's only a matter of time...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If all things go good,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Then we are screwed.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
1. The only scenarios in which the whole country is placed under martial law would be if multiple city leveling nukes went off. Or if most of the government was suddenly wiped out.

2. It is impossible to place this country under martial law otherwise. There just aren't enough resources and manpower to carry out such a task. If there was a huge devestating (and by that I mean much larger than 9/11) terrorist attack then the city affected would be placed under martial law. The country would just be on high alert.

I would head to the nearest concentration camp with as little people as possible to free them of martial law which they failed to evade.

I don't think you understand what martial law is. When there's a hurricane or earthquke martial law is usually declared in those affected areas, why didn't you go rescue those people

Where are you getting that everyone would be locked up in concentration camps??

What would running and living in bunkers solve?

Especially if your city wasn't affected.

That is the LAST thing this country would need in a time like that.....paranoid people.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Alright, you are right, martial law of this type probably won't happen unless largescale nuclear missiles were launched and detonated over our airspace. However, what if this did happen? What would you do? This thread isn't about how martial law will come in effect, or how drastic it will be, this thread is about what you would do if the worst of all scenarios came to be true.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

hemp seeds

Well, at least your priorities are in the right place.

If martial law were to be declared I would go to the most humid place in the United States. I would then establish my own bunker, I would have a solar panel to make electricity to power my air~water machine and incinerating toilet. Then I would simply wait for more people to come to my location. After I had a few hundred I would head to the nearest concentration camp with as little people as possible to free them of martial law which they failed to evade.

Just thinking practically here, but after such an event, anyone who comes across your bunker (which you will establish how?) will probably want to (1) kill you, and (2) take whatever you have and go their own way. If your plan involves getting a few hundred people to follow you, you need a better plan. Also, how would you be helping your 'flock' by guiding them to a concentration camp? Wouldn't you want to take them somewhere else? I expect they'd be able to end up in a camp without your help, won't they?

It's good to think ahead, but I think your plan needs work.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
mabe im in left field but dont you think that if there are...- i dont know, some agencies monitoring this website, you might not want to sound like a menace to society?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All the government needs is one nuke to go off in one city. The nuke could be a suitcase nuke. Read this two articles
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If any place would have martial law, it would be the UK. Some British cops saw an electrician walk into a train station with a bulky coat in 70 degree weather. They assummed he was another bomber and blew his head off on the spot. Didn't even try to confirm their suspicions before shooting. What's next?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by williell
Alright, you are right, martial law of this type probably won't happen unless largescale nuclear missiles were launched and detonated over our airspace. However, what if this did happen? What would you do? This thread isn't about how martial law will come in effect, or how drastic it will be, this thread is about what you would do if the worst of all scenarios came to be true.

Well if that was the case, that would mean an country with a sizeable nuclear arsenal and not terrorist were responsible. I would immediately join the army and proceed to help utterly destroy that country. Politics and any current feelings would mean nothing. This would be about survival. Protecting my life and the lives of my family.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

hemp seeds
tent
ghuille suit
m16
sniper rifle
incinerating toilet
Riedys air water machine

I think the fact that you think of growing weed as one of your priorities in the event of some kind of take over tells us everything we need to know about your level of maturity. Grow up.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

hemp seeds
tent
ghuille suit
m16
sniper rifle
incinerating toilet
Riedys air water machine

I think the fact that you think of growing weed as one of your priorities in the event of some kind of take over tells us everything we need to know about your level of maturity. Grow up.

I think he mean't that he would use the hemp for rope, at least I hope so. But hey, if the worlds gonna end, why not smoke a little rope?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here's a short list of things you CAN take along with you, when FEMA declares martial law, but it will do you absolutely no good:

1) Your computer. Even a laptop won't work when the cell-towers go into action.
2) Your television. You will get the one channel form now on, the State Channel.
3) A vehicle. Yeah right. Gasoline will be a thing of the past.
4) A radio. Again. State announcements.
5) Money. Your money is no good here.
6) Identification. You are in the system, and they will tell you who you are soon.
7) Cell Phone. Thank goodness for that. Talk about bad reception.
8) A guitar. No one wants to hear your sappy song about oppression again.
9) Razors and Combs. Nobody cares anymore.
and:
10) Pets. No pets allowed. Exceptions will be made for reptiles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join