It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law; What would you do? Is it time to prepare?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fighting Kentuctian
There is one thing I would like to add concerning the concentration camp issue. The powers that be only are interested in rounding up political dissidents, people like us, free thinkers, militia, patriots and survivalists; not the whole population.

I also am slowly planning for a survivalist situation not out of fear of a crashed society but mearly a soon to be un-free one. With the national ID, the recent passage of CAFTA, cameras popping up every where, police and gov't acquiring more and more powers over us, the recent emiment domain issue are the real issues that I fear, not bombs going off.

With that being said leaves me a question, I live in a major eastern city and am soon planning to move out to some rural location. What areas consist of a great retreat location for like minded individuals?

I personally like the wooded regions of British Columbia.. Another nice area to be is in around the islands of eastern Canada, with the newfies like me.. I don't mean to brag, but us newfies know how to survive, most of us up here (not me) don't even have electricity, plumbing, or television here... Mostly everyone here actually hunts for our food already because we are so secluded and where I am there isn't many stores.. (I was born on PEI, moved to Fort McMurray, Moved to Trail, BC, and then Moved back to PEI)

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been added to the post yet.. but bring a Magnifying glass and a protective sheath as well. You'll have more luck with that when you run out of matches and zippo fluid.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have already set up a cabin way up in the mountains that is self-sufficient so in the worse case scenario me and mine would be able to at least eke out survival.
My family are city born and bred but I am a mountain boy and actually used to teach city kids basic survival skills.
One thing that you may want to gather if it is avavilable to you is paper bark from white birch trees. The bark can virtually be soaking wet and yet light on the firsat match due to the oil in it.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sounds good till you get to the concentration camp to free the people. Maybe the camp was set up up to protect the general public perhaps because they could be infected with some type of Chem/or Bio. agent(s) that would pose a serious threat to the remaining free population. I'd have to find out just why they were there first just as a cautious mode. I'm sure you would not would not want to expose those of whom are in your pack of something that might take all of you out.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
dont look at the fallout. ur eyes will burn in less than a second. that is, if we have any fallout in this lifetime

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'd get my baseball bat, a kitchen knife, get togheter with my pals and die in the clashes between rebels and governmentals. No use planning, I'd rather just die trying.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I forget who posted it, but they were right when they said that if you live in a big city, and martial law is declared, the chances of getting out are slim, I'd go as far as to say impossible if you are travelling by vehicle as one of the first things "they" would do is set up checkpoints/roadblocks. Also I bet that martial law would be declared late at night, so the majority of people would wake up to find the city already locked down.

Realistically, you could only get out on foot (or maybe part of the way by bicycle), with whatever you could carry on your back, forget about your truckloads of equipment, if you cany carry it, I suspect it would be of little use.

I live in a city myself, you lucky people out in the country have a much better chance, as the martial law state would take longer to reach you as urban centres are where the majority of the population is and would therefore be the top priorities to secure, before moving outwards to mop up the remaining civilian population.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillinger
mabe im in left field but dont you think that if there are...- i dont know, some agencies monitoring this website, you might not want to sound like a menace to society?

whose society? yours? the feds'? maybe your pals shouldn't be menacing to us, for a change.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you've got nothing to hide, what's the point in hiding?
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

If the NWO does come into power, martial law is declared, I won't care. I'll be sitting comfortably in the middle of a field, jungle or desert in a country which no one's heard of, commanding soldiers in the Royal Marines, or whatever the army will be then.

Jut enjoy life until then.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
mashup are you crazy? you do not want to be free? you want to be a sex slave?
oups! a slave?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yes. Duty to the state is the most beautiful thing.

It's kinda obvious that I was brain washed somewhere. For some reason I really want to join the armed forces.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Are you serious?

For real? How have you been brainwashed to this point?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm not ure. Funnily enough, it actually started when I moved to America for a year two years ago. I was joking to my parents about joining the army but I was never serious. The school I went to was a U.N school
and wasn't very good. I then moved back to England, joined this thing where you get military training, started this and did a militaristic police state. Now I'm all up for it. Strange combination of events?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'd think that before the US were to declare martial law, they'd create compulsory military drafts for everyone that turns 18. In a couple of years they'd have a big enough reserve, and a better chance at controling the population.

Here in Finland martial law isn't even needed. We have compulsory military drafts and I'd say almost 95% of males from the age of 50 to 20 are in the reserves. Everybody here is so obedient and under control, I don't think there's many other people in the world that have as much trust in the government as Finns.
No need for genocide or population control here either, we're only about 6 million.
The dream country of the NWO.

As for your survival, I think the bugout kits are a good idea, as well as heading for more rural areas. A good thing would also be to get in touch with other people in the area you'd be heading to, and form somekind of a group. You'd have a much better chance of survivng, since there would be more people on your side fighting hostiles. And humans survive better in groups anyway, I mean look at us now, we've done pretty good in the sense of surviving, haven't we? Humans are after all, by nature a cooperative species. Especially in times of crisis.
I don't know about going to some silo, if some other country like China, North Korea or Russia were to nuke America at some point, nuclear silos would most likely be some of the first places that would get hit. If a nuclear attack on America even were to happen, it would most likely be some time after the declaration of martial law, I'm talking about years. I also think the government would try to secure all the active silos.

My 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
In the event of martial law, what can you and can't you do?
Apart from rioting and protesting, would you still be able to play computer games and sports?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think for outside sports, you can only during daylight.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Since I can remember, I've been waiting for something like this. I made plans and Bug-out-Kits, ready for any emergency. I hoped for a post-apocalyptic, martial law state (think Judge Dredd or Demolition Man), where a massive collapse in society, through a combination of natural and man-made disasters, leads to a STATE being formed. Watched too many Stallone movies, I guess.

Anyhow, today my approach would be more Ghandi-like. I probably would join the people protesting the martial law, and would go gladly to the concentration camps where I could help others see that THEY can take our bodies, but they can't touch our souls.

As to whether this could happen, all it would take would be an outbreak of the dreaded Avian Flu to declare martial law: ATS Thread. If people are scared enough, they'll allow enough little steps to be taken until it is too late to turn back. Last century, the peoples of Russia and China both thought they were getting a good deal with their revolutions, and look what happened to them.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by DogWasCat]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Do you think it would be like 1984?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was born and raised in the Detroit metro area...now I live in a fairly rural part of Ohio, just about in Amish country. It's not rural as in you need a 4X4 to get to my house, but it's not in the 'burbs.

I'm just concerned about my mother, sister, and other relatives, as they still live in the Detroit area with the exception of an uncle in Sault Ste. Marie.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
that's a fun one. a world of uncombed hair and reptiles. dig it.
the avian bird flu for is one thing they have said they would go into quarantine for forced vaccination over, run by homeland security. i certainly hope beyond hope it never happens, but they do have martial law as a goal and there is nothing in the laws about how to pull out of it. while the bird flu may be only a mild martial law, any time they want to create a new terrorist attack scam or weather disaster, etc, they can have an excuse, though the president needs only declare it when he wants to and that's that. the congress can review his decision after 6 months only. there are so many concentration camps built a huge number of people could be contained, though of course, they are only interested in those who are not easily controlled by their media brainwashing. The camps all have railroad facilities as well as roads leading to and from
the detention facilities. Many also have an airport nearby. The majority of
the camps can house a population of 20,000 prisoners. there are over 800 of them.
to "develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.EO 10990: "allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports." [8]
EO 10995: Federal seizure of all communications media in the US.
EO 10997: Federal seizure of all electric power, fuels, minerals, public and private.
EO 10998: Federal seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private and all farms and equipment.
EO 10999: Federal seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks, or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports and water ways.
EO 11000: Federal seizure of American people for work forces under federal supervision, including the splitting up of families if the government so desires.
EO 11001: Federal seizure of all health, education and welfare facilities, both public and private.
EO 11002: Empowers the Postmaster General to register every single person in the US.
EO 11003: Federal seizure of all airports and aircraft.
EO 11004: Federal seizure of all housing and finances and authority to establish forced relocation. Authority to designate areas to be abandoned as 'unsafe,' establish new locations for populations, relocate communities, build new housing with public funds.
EO 11005: Seizure of all railroads, inland waterways and storage facilities, both public and private.
EO 11051: Provides FEMA complete authorization to put above orders into effect in times of increased international tension of economic or financial crisis (FEMA will be in control incase of 'National Emergency').
www.tedgunderson.com... is one link that describes some of the concentration camp scenerios.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join