It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows the weather where you are?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
First off, im from saskatchewan canada. Has anyone else noticed the absolutely weird weather?

Alot of canada has experienced flooding, or is in the midst of it right now (as of this post date).

Two days ago it was 34 degrees celcius here.

Today it was 8 degrees celcius.

It snowed in thompson manitoba today ( june 24th ) SNOW !

The weird weather seems to be very wide spread, but im not sure how it is in the states.

Ive heard its been a bit bad in some of europe too. We recieved around 100 mm of rain in 40 minutes here. Im not even sure of the total rainfall, but its just way too much.

Whats up with that?

How is it for you?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
100 degrees expected in Massachusetts
OK- so the heat followed me up from Arizona- what can i say.

I remember 90's in August and 100 percent humidity- but now?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Muggy summer in Detroit ... as usual ... I hate it here...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It was crazy...HOTTTTTTT!!!!! Cann I add some more T's to that??? My thermometer read 103 degrees in Chicago,IL U.S , wow you guys got snow in Canada, it's got to be that polar shift or there is a Weather war going on.

We need Rain my lawn needs it , poor grass is dried up.

I think we have lost our Atmosphere I rarely see clouds and the only time any happen to show is when them airplanes spray whatever their spraying the world goverments are hushed, theres something going on and I think its a bad thing folks....Stock up in water before they shut the water pipes, I'm serious.....

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Really hot in Central Illinois. No rain and our corn is starting to tassle.
It's frightening, our prospect of having anything to harvest is looking pretty dim this year.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I pretty much expected the states replies to be hot. everytime i see a weather map it seems the precipitation cuts off at the border (canada).

although some parts of canada have had pretty hot weather, alot is just rain rain rain.

farmers in parts of manitoba and sask never had the change to seed crops because it was too wet. calgary was in a state of emergency, not to mention numerous other places were because of the rainfall and rising rivers.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A bit dry in Virginia. Not real bad yet. Rain would be nice. The extremes aren't as evident here at the moment. The sun is out with a vengence though. You will get sun burned if you aren't careful.

Troy

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
For this time of the year our weather here in Brandon, Mississippi is way off. It's humid as always but mild in temps and some rain, usually days apart. Florida seems to be getting alot of rain. Sounds like most of you could use some of that, shame we can't share with ya
As for the clouds...we have them mainly in the late afternoon looking alot like cotton puffs with shades of pink and blue. Anybody notice that almost red setting sun this evening?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I heard that nearby where I live they had FROST last night, which is bad news because of crop damage. Its playing out to be alot like last year.

We keep records because of our business (grain farming) and the years are quite similar. Last year we had excess rains at times and a killer frost.

This year the rains were exact to the same date.

As I write this, its only 4 degrees celcius outside.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The weather where I am has been kind of strange. Massive flooding in January (it made worldwide news). Over the last few days its been sticky and last night it poured down.
There has been quite a bit of localised flooding in the UK recently, which is what was forecast but the doom-mongers. This coupled with news that the Gulf Stream may be slowing is starting to convince me that climate change of sorts may be approaching (though I ain't saying it's man-made).

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
well i'm currently in london, ontario, and i think it's safe to say that summer has finally kicked in and that the winter is over. a month and a bit ago, just as spring was coming in, we had a 2wk streak of good weather (24c+), then all of a sudden, it snowed like crazy for another week. glad that's over. can't complain much right now though.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hot sunny weather one day

Absolutely pouring the next day

But i am in scotland!!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Raining and cold here yet again. Never seems to end.

I want summer !

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
thunderstorms in NE US

what would be weird is if the weather were EXACTLY what is was "supposed" to be.

change is normal.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Holy cow, here in central florida we are about to break an all time record for the rainiest June in recorded history! We have had between 14 and 15 inches of rain this month and it doesnt apear it's letting off anytime soon. The average amount of rain expected in the month of June is around 7 inches (around 13 mm for our foreign friends :-)). So, yeah bring your swiming trunks if you decide to vacation here....on second thought bring a boat. I just hope that if this keeps up we'll be spared from any hurricanes or we'll be in some real trouble.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, after having too below normal summers and a crappy garden to show for it, it's hot here in SE Michigan. Lots of 90s. Humdity beginning to creep in.

We've had less than normal rain in April, May and June. Lots of storms come thorough, but they are small, hit-and-miss storms with heavy rain and localized flooding.
In my area we've had less than 1.5 inches of rain for each of the last two months.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We've had a spell of hot weather around 30C by me, which is quite scary as I live in England. But no need to panic, we've had rain and thunder storms the past few days.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
manitoba, canada is having alot of flooding problems now, around the winnipeg area.

they are expected to get much more rain too.

as of this writing, it seems like we are getting that very manitoba rain.

(eastern saskatchewan)

way way way too much rainfall.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Been raining here on the Gold Coast, Australia for the past week -- raining cats and dogs atm (9:40am Thursday morning).

Unfortunately (or fortunately) that means I couldn't work the past week due to my job as a surveyors assistant (expensive machines are used which aren't exactly... waterproof and I'm out on the field all day *sigh*). But it has its good points, I can stay home and read ATS as long and as much as I want - YIPPEE!

So yeah, lots of rain, weather warning for today but hopefully will clear up sometime tomorrow.

- Nazgarn

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In New York, it's been very hot and oppressively humid with afternoon thunderstorms.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join