It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows the weather where you are?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm in the N.W. corner of Arkansas (US) and its hot and humid here. In the 90's F here today and the humidity is something to behold. The condensation on my air conditioner at work dripped so bad it flooded my office. I came home and the condensation from my A/C at home had flooded my kitchen.

This is the first time i've ever had to deal with floods when it hasn't rained in weeks.

When I step out the door in the morning i'm instantly wet from the humidity. The atmosphere is so thick its hard to breathe. Its a steamy hot, humid haze that covers the land for as far as the eye can see.

I don't care if the water gets ankle deep, i'm keeping the A/C on full blast till this hot spell passes.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok I underestimated in my last post. Rang up my mother and apparently half the Gold Coast is under water...

Here's a story on the developing details:

www.news.com.au...

THOUSANDS of people have been evacuated from their homes and a couple are feared dead as torrential downpours continue across eastern Australia today.

Police say "every suburb" on Queensland's Gold Coast is flooded, while 3000 people have been ordered to evacuate in Lismore, NSW. Earlier reports said 6000 people were being evacuated.

- Nazgarn

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Reporting in from northeastern Ohio here.

Just been nothing but days with 90-degree temps, which I really don't find unusual...I never found it unusual even when living in Michigan, in the Detroit area.

Been having at least one storm a day...not uncommon to see our weather radio toss out a severe thunderstorm warning or flash flood warning nowadays.

I keep remembering this one July day in Michigan...it reached 104. It was back in 1990, and I remember we had these Australians visiting us. They were on a trip around the world.

As far as Ohio summer...some get no higher than 80-something, some hit 90 or even a hundred. I remember the summer of 1992...living in Michigan, my dad had the a/c on only ONE DAY that entire summer! People were complaining, but I was enjoying it--I love cool weather!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
its just so cold here with the rain. it doesnt feel like summer at all. its almost like fall at times. bleh.

at least we dont have the flooding they have in some areas.

yet......

3 days of non stop rain are never good

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
its just so cold here with the rain. it doesnt feel like summer at all. its almost like fall at times. bleh.

Believe it or not, I LIKE that kind of weather! Rainy and no higher than 60F.

I hate hot weather. I'd say it's because I grew up in Michigan...but Detroit can get pretty hot too.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Lots, and lots of rain in South Florida, although normally it does gets rainy this way at this time of the year, I am not sure if it has always been this much rainfall thou.

About a week ago part of the ground in my backyard collpased and made a hole/fissure about 12 feet long, and at the most 4 feet high. I spent most of the weekend fixing that up, although I am certain is going to happen again. This never happened before and I know there are other people having the same problem.

What i believe is happening is that this section that i live in was previously a lake that was filled up with "garbage", on top of that garbage they fill it with sand, and then houses are built on top of that..... a common practice down here..... The amount of rainfall that is falling is compacting the "garbage" more, thus the sand/earth on top of this "garbage".... is trying to fill those gaps caused by the heavy rainfall.

The good news is, in about two weeks i am moving to Wyoming.

I miss the snow and the nice cold weather. My home is going to be there for at least a year although i will be moving a lot around the country.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well I am in Arizona and the weather seems to be normal it's been any where from 103 fh to 110 fh so far this week. That is the norm here. But about 45 days ago we couldn't break 100 we were about 15 days late. I don't see that as something suspicious. The national weather service keeps track of records for just about everything and the patterns seem consistent.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
it's been getting hotter & hotter here in louisiana this year it's so hot that whenever I go to get some cold water outta the faucats all I gte is warm water. I swear it gets hotter here in louisiana every summer.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Believe it or not, I LIKE that kind of weather! Rainy and no higher than 60F.

I hate hot weather. I'd say it's because I grew up in Michigan...but Detroit can get pretty hot too.

hehe im talking about a northern canada type fall. not very nice indeed.

im not sure of the temp now, but id guess around 10 celcius. maybe a bit lower.

last year was quite similar to this. hopefully it warms up, and dries up soon. we really really dont need more rain. places are getting a years worth.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm in NY and well, THE SKY IS FALLING!!

no, seriously, it was pretty foggy this morning, but much cooler that it has been. it's been rather hot, in the 90's for a good part of the month I think. The last I heard, we were just shy of having the warmest June on record. Don't know if we've gotten it or not.

the biggest concern I have is the lack of rain. it's been rather dry in this area, although if you go a little north, or a little south, or even a little east or west, you will find rain....it's been like for most of the winter also. for some reason, I get the feeling that if there is climate change, this little area will become a desert!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah, ditto that for Upstate NY.... unusually Hot and Dry near Lake Ontario after an unusually Long Cold Spring.-- Downstate of us has gotten relief with some rain....we've only had 2/3 inch rain in June. Weird.--Lawns are semi-brown, 8500 newly planted evergreens are suffering on our farm.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Evening showers and thunderstorms here in the Southwestern part of Virginia. Nice lightening storm last night. The clouds sure were dark, you would not want to be outside in this storm. I welcomed the rain for sure though.

Troy

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
More flooding in this part of the world! I saw this on tv on Thursday night. It was strange how only about three or four streets got flooded :

Parts of Newcastle are still clearing up after sudden and severe flash floods on Thursday afternoon.
Worst hit were about 40 houses in Fawdon and Gosforth, where an elderly disabled woman and a mother with a newborn baby had to be evacuated.
At one point, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service said they received one call a minute about flooding.
In Northumberland, 30,000 houses in the Annitsford area were left without power after a lightning strike.

Source

Heres another one from June 20th :

Residents hit by flash floods that struck North Yorkshire are beginning a massive clean-up operation.
Villages were cut off, roads washed away and nine people were reported missing during a night of heavy storms.

Source

It would seem that the incidences of flooding are indeed increasing, as has been predicted.

Edit: Format.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mercury19
Yeah, ditto that for Upstate NY.... unusually Hot and Dry near Lake Ontario after an unusually Long Cold Spring.-- Downstate of us has gotten relief with some rain....we've only had 2/3 inch rain in June. Weird.--Lawns are semi-brown, 8500 newly planted evergreens are suffering on our farm.

where are you at? I live between hannibal and fulton.

nice and cool today?

[edit on 2-7-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I live in Southern Alberta.
For the last 3 weeks we have had 3 flood warnings. Where I live it isn't that bad though. When the first flood hit I had about an inch of water in my basement. I just scooped it all up into the washing machine and drained it. I had to toss the carpet into the garbage and it took me about a week to get the mold under control.

I hope the floods stop but I think we will all have to get used to it. In the future it will only be worse.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It is very hot here is Joshua Tree, CA. It is sunny and no cloads in the sky. It is going to get to 109 here today. I have to stay indoors today lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm outside of Austin TX. We haven't had rain for nearly 4 weeks and we've had 30 something consecutive days over 90. It isn't the worst we've had, but it is up there. I'd be really happy to see some rain. Maybe I should go wash the car. :lol

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
we finally received some warm weather. a big difference, last week when i was cuttings the grass i had to wear a jacket

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hot as hell!!

Global warming? Normal summer weather?

Or is it because I am here now?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well in New South Wales we've finally had a decent period of rain, and amazingly enough some flooding in the northern parts. Certainly a good thing considering the levels of our dams, though they only rose .4%

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join