It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cought in a Nuclear Lie....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

"The UN says Iran has admitted trying to make plutonium, a nuclear bomb ingredient, as recently as 1998 - five years later than originally reported.
In a draft report, the UN's atomic agency says Tehran had previously said it had ended its experiments in 1993.

Correspondents say the disclosure will fuel suspicion Iran is trying to develop a bomb - a charge it denies..."

Iran developed plutonium for 5 years AFTER it said it had stopped! What else are they up to that they deny now? Can the world believe anything Iran states about its nuclear program now? Hardly.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Mr Rafsanjani, a former Iranian president seen as a front-runner for Friday's presidential election, insisted his country would not abandon its nuclear programme.

But, he said, there was no risk of war with the US because Iran was not pursuing a nuclear bomb.

He said US President George W Bush had recently accepted Iran could continue enriching limited amounts of uranium as part of its programme.

wow
look it says they are only using it for peace full purpose

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wish the UN would grow a spine and put some serious pressure on Iran (and NK for that matter...). Surely they know from experience that Iran is just going to give them the run-around for ever more.......until one day they actually develop a nuke and then it's too late. Why are they so happy to be taken advantage of all the time? Mind you, it looks like they're all corrupt anyway, so who knows what will happen

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.
Iran is building heavy water reactors, Iran s enriching uranium , Iran tried to develop plutonium, Iran is developing centrifuges, Iran is developing has long rage missiles with a nuclear payload capability, Iran is developing trigger mechanisms for nuclear warheads.

Now to add on top of this the fact that they lied about almost all of those things I would say the chace that this is for civilian purposes and commercial use is 0%.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I wish the UN would grow a spine

They don't have one.....thia fact should be obvious.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They're only corrupt because the US government wants you to think their curropt.

What good is someone standing in your way, when the people see them as curropt, or lacking quality.

The US is jsut removing another public voice.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

He said US President George W Bush had recently accepted Iran could continue enriching limited amounts of uranium as part of its programme.

did Bush actually said that he accepted wat Iran could continue enriching?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by bodrul

did Bush actually said that he accepted wat Iran could continue enriching?

no i don't think so, i guess he is just making stuff up...
or is he.... hummmm

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Fine, Iran may be developing nuclear weapons but any country has the right to do so technically. Granted, Iran isn't anyone's favorite country to gain such capabilites the fact of the matter is there is only so much the world can do to deter them, if they are indeed pursuing it for more than civilian purposes. I don't like the idea of more nuclear weapons in the world no matter who's making them, but Iran would be stupid to attack anyone as they would be obliterated.

And although the UN is about as inadequate as the League was, you are welcome to enact Operation Iranian Freedom if you wish.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder
They're only corrupt because the US government wants you to think their curropt.

Here we go back to the "It's ALL the US's fault".

I agree, Ofcourse the US gov wants us to think Iran is wrong, I doubt they would say otherwise.

But does that mean they are NOT wrong? Because the US opposes them?

No it does not. Just because a nation is an "enemy" of the US, that alone does not make them right.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
So let me get this straight.
Iran is building heavy water reactors, Iran s enriching uranium , Iran tried to develop plutonium, Iran is developing centrifuges, Iran is developing has long rage missiles with a nuclear payload capability, Iran is developing trigger mechanisms for nuclear warheads.

Not only just that, the Iranians have been actually working hard in developing and re-engineering its long-range missiles in order to fit their future nuclear warheads in.

Read the details on Iran's long-range missiles: www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The problem with Iran is that is signed a non proliferation treaty, in which Iran stated that they would not purse the development of nuclear weapons or pursue enriching uranium. Now they have totally violated that and we should at the least impose sanction on them for that, but of course the UN is so ineffective that I’m wandering if that will even happen.

if they are indeed pursuing it for more than civilian purposes. I don't like the idea of more nuclear weapons in the world no matter who's making them, but Iran would be stupid to attack anyone as they would be obliterated.

Ok, but what about selling or giving the tech or the nuclear material to terrorist groups that do not represent any nation. That way Iran could get away with saying it wasn't me. And if the US tried to do anything about it everyone would be like “it wasn't Iran it was the U.S. government, your an imperial bully, your corrupt” and other BS that that always say.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder

What good is someone standing in your way, when the people see them as curropt, or lacking quality.

The US is jsut removing another public voice.

Once again its the US fault Iran is developing nukes.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
and its not even about the nikes, ITS ABOUT CHEAP ELECTRICITY !

US just cant stand the idea of middle east getting cheap power, becouse then they couldnt make money on it anymore.

...its nothing but economic bullying, which US knows how to do very well....
...with a necessary support of your local patriots.....

...just feed them the nuke story Dick, they buy it every time

Sep

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The problem with Iran is that is signed a non proliferation treaty, in which Iran stated that they would not purse the development of nuclear weapons or pursue enriching uranium.

Now correct me if I am wrong but I think it is the right of all NPT signatories to enrich uranium. That is why Japan for example is enriching it.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
We dont sell electricity to iran! what are we going to do sell them their own oil? come on lefties use your brains, and please stop preachin propaganda its tiresome already. you mus not have read the earlier posts,
Iran has missiles,centrufuges, attempting to create plutonium(plutonium only has one use!) attempting to create a working nuclear trigger(key to building nukes) come on even you lefties have to see where this is heading.
No one said invade, we can bomb them into submission.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
Now correct me if I am wrong but I think it is the right of all NPT signatories to enrich uranium. That is why Japan for example is enriching it.

That's correct.
That's what Bush referred to as a 'loophole' that Iran was exploiting.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
We dont sell electricity to iran! what are we going to do sell them their own oil? come on lefties use your brains, and please stop preachin propaganda its tiresome already. you mus not have read the earlier posts,
Iran has missiles,centrufuges, attempting to create plutonium(plutonium only has one use!) attempting to create a working nuclear trigger(key to building nukes) come on even you lefties have to see where this is heading.
No one said invade, we can bomb them into submission.

By your faulty logic, everybody should get together and nuke USA into oblivion as they have the biggest nuke arsenal by far

Please dont call my post leftist propaganda, if Iran wants to have a nuclear reactor, they are entitled to one, just like any other country....its not up to USA to give permissions to build one.

Besides, NK already has nukes, go bomb them.....oh ups, scared of Chinese?

selling them their own oil...now theres an idea....you would make a good president

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
People do tend to panic when 'nuclear weapons' are mentioned, don't they. I was always under the impression that there was a sound principle governing the use of nuclear weapons which states simply 'you nuke us, we nuke you back'. I had always, foolishly it seems, considered this to be quite effective at providing some sort of levelling effect upon the possesors of nuclear weapons.

Obviously Iran is different. They are destined to obtain nuclear weapons and then dispatch them to the four corners of the Earth with gay abandon, happily in the knowledge that they are going to be wiped from the face of the Earth as a result of the inevitable retaliation...Unless we neutralise the threat beforehand!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
People do tend to panic when 'nuclear weapons' are mentioned, don't they. I was always under the impression that there was a sound principle governing the use of nuclear weapons which states simply 'you nuke us, we nuke you back'. I had always, foolishly it seems, considered this to be quite effective at providing some sort of levelling effect upon the possesors of nuclear weapons.

Obviously Iran is different. They are destined to obtain nuclear weapons and then dispatch them to the four corners of the Earth with gay abandon, happily in the knowledge that they are going to be wiped from the face of the Earth as a result of the inevitable retaliation...Unless we neutralise the threat beforehand!!!!

Ok, but in the words of crazy neocons......DO YOU HAVE PROOF !!!!????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join