It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: James O’Keefe Is Now Under Investigation for Looting Project Veritas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Link

This is breaking news, the exclusive just came out today.

James O’Keefe, the founder and until this past February CEO of the right-wing nonprofit Project Veritas, is currently under investigation by the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office.

While the exact nature of the investigation is not yet public, the timing would suggest that it relates to O’Keefe’s alleged financial improprieties during his tenure as the group’s chairman and CEO. Back in February, O’Keefe was accused of spending “an excessive amount of donor funds in the last three years on personal luxuries” by the conservative nonprofit’s own board of directors, amid their very public feud over the management and future of Veritas. Westchester DA Miriam Rocah’s probe follows a raft of civil lawsuits, criminal investigations, and six-figure court losses that have trailed the group under O’Keefe’s leadership—including a still-active federal investigation into the theft of property belonging to President Biden’s daughter Ashley Biden.

There has been talk that Project Veritas initiated the charges against the ousted founder but they have denied that saying that they will fully cooperate with the investigation but had nothing with its origination. This is a topic because of the very unfriendly way the founder and the company parted ways, instigating rumors that the company filed charges due to past animosity.

“Project Veritas did not initiate any potential investigation the Westchester DA’s office may be conducting with respect to James O’Keefe,” Hannah Giles, the newly appointed CEO of Project Veritas, responded via e-mail. “However, PV cooperates with the authorities as required by law.”

What is going on with the far right? Going against each other, suing each other and blame gaming all over the place? Theft and looting of resources? Attempting to bankrupt their own companies?

Even for James O'Keefe, a known dirty trickster, this is some dirty, shady stuff.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

More of your propaganda.

See you next thread.

While the exact nature of the investigation is not yet public, the timing would suggest...

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

What is going on with the far right? Going against each other, suing each other and blame gaming all over the place?

Do you know why it is considered far right? Because all the corruption they uncover seems to be from the left. It is all that corruption that gave the employees a job in the first place.

including a still-active federal investigation into the theft of property belonging to President Biden’s daughter Ashley Biden.

Wouldn't you say all Veritas current troubles started with that diary?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, there we have it; absolute proof that conservatives are corrupt, evil scumbags! Thank goodness that the pure, Woke liberals will fight these no-gooders until the end of time and save us all from their evil intentions!

How could anybody with an ounce of brains not realize Democrats are the best thing since sliced bread? It makes no sense....

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I wonder if this was part of the same playbook as this;
Soldier of Fortune Magazine

A search warrant that set the stage for the controversial police raid of a Kansas newspaper last Friday was withdrawn on Wednesday and all of the items that were seized will now be returned.

The withdrawal comes a few days after the Kansas Bureau of Investigation took over the investigation that led to the police raid, which sparked outcry from media advocacy groups and news organizations.

The KBI announced Wednesday afternoon that its investigation will move forward independently “and without review or examination of any of the evidence seized on Friday, Aug. 11.”

On that Friday, police raided the offices of the weekly Marion County Record and the publisher’s home, seizing computers, phones and a file server.

Why you might ask?

Newell accused the newspaper of invading her privacy and illegally accessing information about her, including a 2008 drunken driving conviction against her, the Associated Press reported. She also suggested the newspaper targeted her after she threw Eric Meyer, the newspaper’s co-owner and publisher, and a reporter out of a restaurant during a political event.

Meyer has said in interviews that he thinks the paper’s coverage of local politics played a role in prompting the raids.

Meyer said the Marion County Record was also investigating Marion Police Chief Gideon Cody’s past work with the Kansas City, Missouri, police. Cody led last Friday’s raids.

and, so?
well the White House had something to say about this for some reason.
It's also int he primary story I linked too.

The White House on Wednesday expressed concern about the raids.

“They raise a lot of concerns and a lot of questions for us,” press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said. “The freedom of the press, that is a core value when we think about our democracy.”

Now we know O'Keefe likes to rub those he's investigating the wrong way in order to get them to spill the beans about the story he's working on. Did the White House see this story about the Marion County Record and try to pull that same tactic on O'Keefe?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Democrats are the best thing since sliced bread?

They once used to be close.
But that was long , long ago in a galaxy far, far away .
I.E. before Progressive Liberals completely overran the party .

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Par for the course, just look around...👀

No one is following the law. Is this supposed to be ground breaking or politically detrimental somehow to one side or the other? This doesn't mean squat snip when your leadership is wholly compromised and corrupt. Reports like this are only meant to give the appearance of rule of law....checks and balances.🙄

More than half the country doesn't give a rats rearend about the law. We have an entire generation of youngsters who are as feral as alley cats, poorly educated, entitled, obstinate and completely detached from civic mindedness.

Criminality has become what most of us have been saying for years; it's being normalized. Well, here we are and it's going to trend now that the back stops are practically non-existent.

Wonderful time to be alive at the end of empire. Kinda feel fortunate to be able to see it all happen to be honest.🤷🏻

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Do you know why it is considered far right?
Because all the corruption they uncover seems to be from the left.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

More of your propaganda.

See you next thread.

While the exact nature of the investigation is not yet public, the timing would suggest...

It’s funny, the story I read is that they are grossly mismanaged and ran out of operating funds, thus laying everybody off and cutting their legal staff to nothing.
So of course this guy finds an obscure story that’s totally the opposite. That he loves more than life itself, as long as it says something bad about somebody he hates.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Project Veritas did not initiate any potential investigation the Westchester DA’s office may be conducting with respect to James O’Keefe,” Hannah Giles, the newly appointed CEO of Project Veritas, responded via e-mail. “However, PV cooperates with the authorities as required by law.”

This is faker than Bruce Jenner's boobies.

Project Veritas was co-opted by shady characters. They chased James out and this is their latest attempt to cancel him. O'Keefe is one of the last real journalists out there.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: JinMI

More of your propaganda.

See you next thread.

It’s funny, the story I read is that they are grossly mismanaged and ran out of operating funds, thus laying everybody off and cutting their legal staff to nothing.
So of course this guy finds an obscure story that’s totally the opposite. That he loves more than life itself, as long as it says something bad about somebody he hates.

As I recall, Okeefe, started PV himself and the group built around him as a conservative fact finding organization or as some would have it ''clandestine hit squad'' In either event it grew with him at the helm. However, as I followed the story, he mismanaged and ran it like his own fiefdom which eventually was running the profit for the business out the door, hence the mismanagement you suggested, hence his removal back in February by the PV board of directors.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Millions of dollars laundered to the Biden Crime Family is far bigger than Okeefe's (alleged) financial improprieties.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Theft and looting of resources? Attempting to bankrupt their own companies?

I was wondering if this was a mischaracterization. While I read the article the thought crossed my mind "non-profit; where do they get their money?"

Donor's Trust, a well known conduit for dark money.

Grants from Donors Trust are based on the preferences of the original contributor, and the organization assures clients that their contributions will never be used to support politically liberal causes.
Donors Trust president Lawson Bader said the goal of the organization is to "safeguard the intent of libertarian and conservative donors," ensuring that funds are used only to promote "liberty through limited government, responsibility, and free enterprise".
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe some people consider theft to be free enterprise in the spirit of liberty.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

yeah, I believe it, too. plus the whole "he stole a sandwich from a pregnant woman"

What even was that?

i have a feeling there were a couple rats doing the spending and they want to toss James under the bus

at least OMG is doing strong

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Project Veritas did not initiate any potential investigation the Westchester DA’s office may be conducting with respect to James O’Keefe,” Hannah Giles, the newly appointed CEO of Project Veritas, responded via e-mail. “However, PV cooperates with the authorities as required by law.”

This is faker than Bruce Jenner's boobies.

Project Veritas was co-opted by shady characters. They chased James out and this is their latest attempt to cancel him. O'Keefe is one of the last real journalists out there.

That PV was co-opoted by shady characters,do you have any backing for this assertion or is just based on your belief in the honesty of Okeefe?

Seems to me that as likely as story is ''how could OKeefe'' a ''real journalist'' allow these phonies into his organization of ''real journalism''.. How could he allow the board of directors to become infected with dishonesty. As likely as story is that he himself was a fraud from the beginning and sought out other people of fraudulent intent who eventually pushed him out of the way because he was spending all the donation money on himself. I"m not saying any of that is or was true, just that there is as much backing to that theory as there is to your shady characters theory

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Where is the sense of this if he, OKeefe, was the founder and more importantly, the FACE and the VOICE of PV? Get rid of him and the whole group kind of fails seems to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I support the democrats because they’re the only group who doesn’t play the hypocrisy game! Just honest politics and each step with American’s best interests in mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

Link

This is breaking news, the exclusive just came out today.

James O’Keefe, the founder and until this past February CEO of the right-wing nonprofit Project Veritas, is currently under investigation by the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office.

While the exact nature of the investigation is not yet public, the timing would suggest that it relates to O’Keefe’s alleged financial improprieties during his tenure as the group’s chairman and CEO. Back in February, O’Keefe was accused of spending “an excessive amount of donor funds in the last three years on personal luxuries” by the conservative nonprofit’s own board of directors, amid their very public feud over the management and future of Veritas. Westchester DA Miriam Rocah’s probe follows a raft of civil lawsuits, criminal investigations, and six-figure court losses that have trailed the group under O’Keefe’s leadership—including a still-active federal investigation into the theft of property belonging to President Biden’s daughter Ashley Biden.

There has been talk that Project Veritas initiated the charges against the ousted founder but they have denied that saying that they will fully cooperate with the investigation but had nothing with its origination. This is a topic because of the very unfriendly way the founder and the company parted ways, instigating rumors that the company filed charges due to past animosity.

“Project Veritas did not initiate any potential investigation the Westchester DA’s office may be conducting with respect to James O’Keefe,” Hannah Giles, the newly appointed CEO of Project Veritas, responded via e-mail. “However, PV cooperates with the authorities as required by law.”

What is going on with the far right? Going against each other, suing each other and blame gaming all over the place? Theft and looting of resources? Attempting to bankrupt their own companies?

Even for James O'Keefe, a known dirty trickster, this is some dirty, shady stuff.

For the first time ever. I just dont care. I am on his side. Make of it what you will. I am just parroting my apparent enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join