It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Spacey acquitted of all 9 sexual assault charges by jury in UK trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood
Ian Huntley was accused of killing those little girls in the media after evidence emerged that he infact killed those little girls, do I really have to explain this to you, the girls he murdered were dead so they couldn't accuse him?? Do I really need to keep explaining the difference??

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga

originally posted by: Cwantas
The UK names people before any evidence or convictions because it’s an ignorant, bigoted little country at its core, similar to an old whore.

Oh the irony in calling the entire UK bigoted.

Despite the poor choice of words do you agree with naming-shaming and condemn someone in the media before even the trial has even started.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Tortuga
Lol, thanks for the belly laugh.

A little country so small it would fit into the entire USA over 40 times. You got that part right at least. I could call my country many many things, and if I could get out of this hovel I’d be gone tomorrow. I wouldn’t be the USA that’s for damned sure, although I do enjoy (did) visiting many cities over there. I found everyone I met to be really nice, apart from one bigot from Boston. I think he was still sore about something to do with tea.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cwantas

So still you are unwilling/incapable of explaining why you think the UK is 'an ignorant, bigoted little country at its core, similar to an old whore.'

I assure you, there's nothing wrong with my comprehension skills or lack of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

The UK names people before any evidence or convictions because it’s an ignorant, bigoted little country at its core, similar to an old whore.

Despite the poor choice of words do you agree with naming-shaming and condemn someone in the media before even the trial has even started.

No i think it’s a disgrace that people are named and shamed and found guilty in the court of public opinion for these claims, often claims with zero evidence. As an ex policeman I find it totally wrong. In this country you are presumed innocent until proven guilty, unless the tards on social media decide different I guess.

edit on 2-8-2023 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No i think it’s a disgrace that people are named and shamed and found guilty in the court of public opinion. As an ex policeman I find it totally wrong. I this country you are presumed innocent until proven guilty, unless the tards on social media decide I guess.

That's what I say too.
You are innocent until proven guilty and this can never change. Victims of defamation should be suing everyone who is involved in destroying their lives.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
OK I can't give you example after example of why the UK is a bigoted ignorant little country at its core otherwise I'd be here all day but I can give you really big example? OK here goes, the media in the UK will spread roumers based purely on accusations and without evidence. I think this thread touches on that too.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

OK I can't give you example after example of why the UK is a bigoted ignorant little country at its core otherwise I'd be here all day but I can give you really big example? OK here goes, the media in the UK will spread roumers based purely on accusations and without evidence. I think this thread touches on that too.

Oh the irony of that, the USA taught the UK media everything it knows.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So, the fact UK MSM spreads rumours and hearsay is evidence that the UK is ''an ignorant, bigoted little country at its core, similar to an old whore'?

And if so I think that's an accusation that could be levelled against almost every nation on earth.

edit on 2/8/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Oh the irony of that, the USA taught the UK media everything it knows.

Very much in agreement with you.
The UK is largely affected by the US in the ways media operate. That's a bad influence.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

I wish I could upload that photo from my memory. It is as clear as day to me. There was no ambiguity, blurriness or ability to dismiss it.

tptb destroy innocent lives with false accusations who get in their way or just for the fun of it. They also play the humiliation/sacrifice game with their own. Spacey had a reputation of doing this to children as does Hollywood.

What better way to diffuse it than accuse him of something not as horrible. And let it play out in the courts and media, controlled by that same system.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelleEpoque

I wish I could upload that photo from my memory. It is as clear as day to me. There was no ambiguity, blurriness or ability to dismiss it.

tptb destroy innocent lives with false accusations who get in their way or just for the fun of it. They also play the humiliation/sacrifice game with their own. Spacey had a reputation of doing this to children as does Hollywood.

What better way to diffuse it than accuse him of something not as horrible. And let it play out in the courts and media, controlled by that same system.

The problem here is what you're actually saying! He had a reputation of doing this to children (whatever this was). But how do you know these allegations were true. You have been shown a picture, but how do you know this picture/photo was genuine or a result of photo editing?
edit on 2-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Edit: I wasn't there and can't say what has happened, as there are many allegations, but the court found no evidence any of these have happened. Media trials shouldn't happen, that's what I am trying to say.

Totally agree , it's absurd that someone can make allegations against a person but retain their anonymity when the accused who may be completely innocent has their name splashed across the media and is deemed guilty until proven innocent.

Kevin Spacey may have his freedom but he's lost his career.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Only in America. It's the American way, and 'culture appropriation' is being frowned on nowadays, I hear.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Edit: I wasn't there and can't say what has happened, as there are many allegations, but the court found no evidence any of these have happened. Media trials shouldn't happen, that's what I am trying to say.

Totally agree , it's absurd that someone can make allegations against a person but retain their anonymity when the accused who may be completely innocent has their name splashed across the media and is deemed guilty until proven innocent.

Kevin Spacey may have his freedom but he's lost his career.

I still can't understand how is this allowed.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The UK names people before any evidence or convictions because its an ignorant, bigoted little country at its core, similar to an old whore.

A large bigoted country called The USA does the same thing.

InsideNova.com: Normally, we do not publish the names of suspects until they’ve been charged with a crime. But in some major cases, such as this one, the information our reporters gather makes it clear to us that a “person of interest” is indeed a suspect and authorities are preparing to seek charges, even if those charges haven’t yet been filed. We were not the first media outlet to report the name and, although we had the name earlier, we did not publish it until he was arrested on a probation violation charge.

www.washingtonpost.com... /gJQAIipUOX_blog.html

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Lucius Driftwood
Ian Huntley was accused of killing those little girls in the media after evidence emerged that he infact killed those little girls, do I really have to explain this to you, the girls he murdered were dead so they couldn't accuse him?? Do I really need to keep explaining the difference??

His name, his face, his address and profession all came to light before he had even gone to trial.
That is what im talking about, as I thought you were.
Trial by media.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So you accuse the UK of being bigoted and ignorant and "similar to an old whore".

An accusation you make without providing any evidence.

Do you not see the irony?
edit on 2-8-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Curious; obviously apart from the verdict exactly how is the way Kevin Spacey was treated in the UK any different to the way Harvey Weinstein was treated in the US?

Everyone knew Weinstein's name and the details of what were at the time his alleged crimes well before it ever got to court or trial?

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That, and Spacey has not been suicided.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join