It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How dare Putin threaten the world.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Freeborn

We aren't heading towards nuclear war.

That would serve no purpose to anyone.

Logically you are right but...

When dealing with madmen and fools, serving a purpose isn't even in the equation. It's all about ego and feelzzz.

Hug your wife and kids time may be getting shorter. I hope we can look back on this and just laugh and go back to fussing about politics.

edit on 27-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: starshift
So no emotional reaction when China threatens to use nukes? I trust Putin way more than the ccp yet Americans aren't tossing their iPhones into the streets in protest.

Kinda dumb to trust either..dontcha think?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Alas you are right, we both can remember The Cold War.
I genuinely thought things were nowhere near as bad today as they were back then.

But Putin seems to have come out of the pandemic a changed man.
He always had that 'weird' sort of air about him.
But he's completely flipped.
And he is pathologically obsessed with regaining what he perceives as Russia's former glory and ensuring his place alongside other 'great' Russian leaders.

Nothing will alter that.

You know I have absolutely no regard whatsoever for Biden.
How he has become President of The United States is beyond me.
I don't dismiss him....the man is a walking disaster.

But at this precise moment in time people are just sick to #ing death of listening to Americans turn everything into being about them and their fiercely partisan politics.
The world has something slightly more important to ponder over at the moment!

You say there will be no nuclear war.
I sincerely hope you are right and in a few days/weeks/months you are taking the piss out of me for being so concerned about something that was never going to happen.

But the possibility it might happen is too real at the moment.
Brezhnev, Andropov et al never once openly threatened to use nuclear weapons like Putin has......

Someone needs to put a bullet in Putin's head, for all our sakes.
Then you can go back to whining on about Biden and his many failings and we can go back to laughing at you!

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Probably doesnt help that I have binge watched the first season of fringe while all of this is going on.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Except to a raving mad lunatic, maybe?

Maybe.

I refuse to put on my panic pants however.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

A months from now we can all laugh about it, while we;re in cour camps being fed government cheese.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Probably doesnt help that I have binge watched the first season of fringe while all of this is going on.

Our world is screwed up and is being run by people probably low on the IQ scale.

What's to worry?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

New brown trousers, please.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The look on the faces of his Generals at the end speaks volumes.

I didn't see much expression tbh... also he says "Russian army deterrence forces", which doesn't necessarily mean nuclear deterrence. The same thing happened a couple of days ago when everyone was angry at Putin for saying he'd use nukes, when in reality he never actually mentioned using nukes at all. Everyone seems way too eager for this to turn into a nuclear war. It's becoming harder for me to believe anything when all I see are misrepresentations of the truth. Also, nuclear deterrence doesn't have to mean Putin will fire a nuke to deter Ukraine from doing something, it could also describe a situation where Putin takes actions to deter the use of nukes in order to avoid a nuclear war.
edit on 27/2/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

honestly its more comforting to think that there is a super secret cabal pulling the strings.

Because the alternative is as you put it low IQ huge ego people bringing us to the brink.

Thats a weird thing to consider.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

that there is a super secret cabal pulling the strings.

There is.They already failed with the regime change in Syria now they are pushing hard all in on Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The people of Ukraine are fighters, born and bred to fight. That is what they do and they like it but not only that. They are good at it too.
a reply to: dollukka

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah i have been talking about that for a while.
a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A months from now we can all laugh about it, while we;re in cour camps being fed government cheese.

Camping with govt cheese dont seem so bad!

The only thing more worrying than Putin suceeding his invasion is what happens if he fails.

Panic pants or not.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Putin and Lavrov are straight talkers and are true to their words. Instead of berating Putin, we should be asking why things have come to this sorry state of affairs in the first place.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2022 by ONIONBAGMENACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ONIONBAGMENACE
While you play with words on a trio

Did I strike a nerve?

lol

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

honestly its more comforting to think that there is a super secret cabal pulling the strings.

Because the alternative is as you put it low IQ huge ego people bringing us to the brink.

Thats a weird thing to consider.

Occam's razor

Which is why the idea of a secret world controlling cabal just doesnt and hasnt ever really worked... ego and low IQ unfortunately appear to have always been the real state of reality.

Although im the opposite, I prefer the comfort of believing its just all small human stupidity instead of some concerted effort from behind the curtain (not that there arent cabals, just not on the level conspiracy paints them as) since small human stupidity and ego can be beaten.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When you are finished playing war games with young children's playgrounds as a call to arms with a called it attitude let us remind you all where i come from. I'm not too keen on the different playground front because my bitterness is true. As far as growing old, well i have many moons to go and all the life in the world.
But, come the time, and it is coming similar to the witch burnings came and left almost unnoticed, when women, young and older congregate to sacrifice by killing their young babies and children on planned and organised gathering at no place else but those beautiful and colourful playgrounds built for such purpose as to bring enjoyment and fullfillfull purpose and feeling in any given child's life.
Then, i shall give you a clear and more open answer to your question if you like
a reply to: rigel4

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

well I figure if there is a secret cabal then it can be fought, while stupidity is contagious.

Or least thats where I go with it in my thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join