It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grocery prices are getting scary

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What does everyone expect? All you biden voters asked for this (and we should thank you accordingly)!!!!

build back better is all about bankrupting america (and the world) so that we own nothing and will be "happy" about it by 2030. Every educated voter knew this... you idiots voted for it.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Supply chain disruptions and inflation...

I've seen very little of either. People got what they wanted for Xmas, no widescale bare shelves on much of anything. Prices on some things are a little higher (cream cheese, tater chips), overall not much. Shelves are full (well, except at Walmart), Publix, Harris Teeter, Target, all fine. Produce prices, wine prices, bread prices, pretty much the same. Meat prices aren't that much inflated either.

Gas is around 2.70.

Sounds like manufactured BS to blame that guy B.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Prices up, 5-20% on various things, some beef, maybe up 50%. Just recently seen a lack of cat food, heard about this a month ago. It's not good.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

originally posted by: joejack1949
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Lots of people are triggered by the suggestion to eat a vegan meal once in a while.

Yea i don't quite understand it. Animals are poorly treated and vegan meals are known to be good for heart disease.

Like others have said, we eat too much meat and diary as it is.

I know some do oddly well on a carnivore diet, but in general, high consumption of meat and diary have shown to be negative for long term health.

health.clevelandclinic.org...

Authors of these new reports say that evidence linking red meat to heart disease (and cancer and other diseases) is relatively weak. They say the data isn’t strong enough to make dietary recommendations.

I think a lot of what we’ve been “educated” on with diet has been lies or half truths.

My husband and I were just talking about this exact subject. Growing up there was maybe, maybe one obese kid in the entire school. In our parents youth, it was even more rare. They all ate full fat meals.
My husband was quick to point out that manual labor was much worse then. I pointed out that not everyone did manual labor, there were still office workers and such. They were all rail thin.

What did they eat? Bacon, eggs, lard, pork, chicken.

I think a lot of the problem is really portion controls and people treating soda and sweetened drinks like water. The thing that has really changed in my life time is they "supersized" us.

People a couple of generations back would have one little bottle of soda once or twice a week. Not every day multiple times a day.

A lot of them didn't eat the full "nutritionally balanced" breakfasts. Watching my grandparents they would often have toast and an egg or two, or toast with a couple pieces of bacon or sausage. Sometimes a small bowl of cream of wheat. They didn't have a large variable breakfast, that was pushed more by big agra, than doctors and scientists.

And of course just the portion sizes in general in all meals are much larger than they used to be.

I do think the lack of exercise is still a part of it as well. Even office workers back then would still be more active than a lot of people now, who opt to plaster their face to a screen rather than engage in a physically active hobby or activity in their off hours.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
They have to make red meat unaffordable. Why? Because according to the totalitarians over at the UN Agenda 21/2030 and Green New Deal, Americans are too affluent and eat too much red meat so we must give it up to make everything better for the world. It’s true... even J B said that we have to limit our red meat... what did he say a couple times a month or something ...
The argument goes.... cows fart methane and use too much resource and land to raise this causing climate change which hurts the whole world, therefore they have to control red meat consumption. Ol JB is totally for that... except like ms Pelosi and her 20,000$ freezers full of chocolate during the shutdown, JB and family will likely have more than their “fair share” of red meat as much as they like.
edit on 3-1-2022 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Wasn't too long ago that we paid $5 for a head of iceberg, and two tomatoes. And promptly # ourselves when we saw what we paid & what we got for it sunk in

When the # did iceberg hit $3 a head?! The tomatoes I can understand, but that's over a buck more than normal for winter iceberg pricing.

it's always been high. i i don't eat it. it's all water anyway. even a bowl of sprouts is better.

get your master chef on and get creative with some more inexpensive greens. i prefer just sliced toms with red onion. but i know what Jagg is saying. i went to Market, by Jason, i believe and i was sure i was under 80$.it came close to 100.

only meat i got was 2 pork steaks and 2 skinless chic breasts. i do spend too much and need to cut down.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26286724]themessengernevermatters[/post

I can remember the spread at my grandfather’s table in the late 50’s, Northern Wisconsin dairy farm. If you can imagine a long wide wooden table covered with a tablecloth. On top of that loaded to the gills with every type of food you would ever want. Ham, steak, fried potatoes, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, fresh baked bread, all cooked on a wood stove. The coffee was boiled, butter was churned, milk and cream provided by the cows in the barn.

There was an instant beverage called “ Postum “. It was an odd kinda coffee substitute. And it tasted nothing like coffee.

After breakfast, lunch was a sandwich. Dinner was the leftovers from breakfast augmented by sausage and various vegetable dishes. Then scraps were gathered, potatoes were chopped and added, the whole concoction was baked and fed to the dogs.

The next day it started all over again. Simple people, simple food, simple life. From the late 1800’s till it was torn down in the 1990’s no one ever went hungry in that house. How I miss that time.

Oh I should mention , my great grandparents lived into their 100’s, my grandparents were 97 and 98

edit on CST2022p2022-01-03T22:06:11-06:00Mon, 03 Jan 2022 22:06:11 -0600pmf31 by Topcraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yup and the "staple" grains are usually the GMO stuff.

I think it can cause all sorts of autoimmune problems because I think I've been a victim of that. Refraining from them improves symptoms especially wheat.

I saw videos of auto-locking refrigerators being installed in some big chain stores. I don't think the motivation is to prevent theft though.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Thats smart. Breakfast should be your most significant meal because you will burn that off / expend it.

Then have smaller and smaller meals.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: themessengernevermatters

It's not portion control - it was just plain false information given out in the 70s, 80s and some of the 90s.

People were told and children were taught fat = bad but grains and carbs are good. Diet sodas became popular because it was supposed to be lower in calories.

We were also taught to eat three meals a day and not to skip meals.

Even in the early 2000's, I had a doctor tell me to go on a low fat diet.

Now people understand carbs/sugars put the weight on and eating throughout the day increases your weight. But it's too late for many of us - society is now addicted to carbs and they are very hard to give up.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I once lived in a old mining town in calif and most of the trees in town were fruit trees apple, pears, ect
every fall the people in town collect the fruit and can it for winter.
All the old mining towns had these fruit trees because they dated back to the 1890s and were a source of free foods.
the towns were also surrounded by black barry and these were also collected for making wine and a carbonated BlackBerry drink.
You have to know just the right amount of dry ice to put in the bottle, or it would explode.

put juice in 2L soda container, leave some space at the top - this is how much time you have to get the top on once you add the CO2

measure out 7 or 8g of dry ice and cut it into gravel-sized pieces. I used chopsticks to handle the ice, but wooden tongs work too

getting the dry ice into the 2L is the hard part. I used the white labs tubes because they have the same opening as the 2L. Dump it in and secure the top

shake till dissolved. Keep it moving - if a chunk of CO2 sits in one place too long it could freeze the plastic and compromise your container.

let sit for a couple of hours. If there's sediment then let it sit overnight in the fridge. Nice thing about the 2L: you can tell when everything has settled out

I NEVER had a problem doing this with 2L bottles and quickly carbonated many many batches.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Even worse is the sugar addiction. There seems to be added sugar in everything today. Processed foods are loaded with sugar, chemicals and dye, and people love it. Not too many are interested in sourcing wholesome foods, and doing your own cooking. It’s faster and easier to grab something off the shelf, or eating fast food. Convenience food kills.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft
Even worse is the sugar addiction. There seems to be added sugar in everything today. Processed foods are loaded with sugar, chemicals and dye, and people love it. Not too many are interested in sourcing wholesome foods, and doing your own cooking. It’s faster and easier to grab something off the shelf, or eating fast food. Convenience food kills.

It's engineered food designed to get you addicted to it so you eat more and purchase more. Just the right amounts of salt, sugar, fats and carbs.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

I like red lettuce the best. More flavour. Also raw spinach.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

It is annoying I have to read all the bread labels to make sure they don't have high fructose corn syrup. Luckily we found some local bakeries that don't add that crap. But they aren't always in stock

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Don't worry blunderbus joe and his dem minions are crushing the meat industry and pushing for hyper inflation to make certain the greedy fat Americans get their comeuppance.
So that no one realizes it's really fat joe's fault for spending trillions on his family and conjob buddies and censoring anyone who speaks about it, they'll throw some producers in prison on some errant made up charges to shut everyone else up who isn't banned and fired.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
Thats pretty cool, never thought that dry ice could be used to carbonate..it makes sense

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sugar is the gateway drug, our first addiction!

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I believe you can thank Kool-Aid for that.

Then again you may be too young to even know know what it is.

edit on 4-1-2022 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: vonclod

I believe you can thank Kool-Aid for that.

Then again you may be too young to even know know what it is.

Ha, I'm old enough

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join