It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you say God exists?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: MidnightHawk

For example false religion teaches there is a Hellfire. But God shows us in the Bible that death is a like a deep sleep. And those resting in it, both good and bad people will soon be resurrected back to life on a restored paradise earth in the new world. See how this Biblical truth undoes much damage that Satan has done by smearing God's goo

False religion? Sounds exactly what you are trying to sell.
Do not understand your theology or what bible you are using but you need a lot of schooling. Hell is preached by Jesus and was taught to Matthew , Mark, Luke, John, James [the brother of Jesus], and Peter in the King James Bible. Not to say that hundreds of Jesus' disciples were also taught that Hell does c exist. If it were a false religion then the KJ bible is not true and the thousands of Greek MSS are phony.

You have the covenants of Moses and Jesus all mixed up. They are two distinct religions. Judaism and Christianity are not the same. Christians do not die twice.

Let us read what Jesus said about death:

"After he said these things, he added: “Lazʹa·rus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him.” 12 The disciples then said to him: “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get well.” 13 Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. 14 Then Jesus said to them plainly: “Lazʹa·rus has died."-John 11:11-14.

Notice that Jesus said death was a sleep. And he went to wake up Lazarus from the sleep of death, called a resurrection.

Revelation tells us that Hell will be thrown into the lake of fire after the 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth:

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."-Revelation 20:14 KJV.

How can hell be thrown into the lake of fire? You said there is no second death. But We are told that the lake of fire is the second death.

Death is not a real tangible thing. Neither is the grave which represents humankind's cessation of life. They are thrown into the lake of fire. Fire burns things up. It destroys them. Death is thrown into the lake of fire because it will be done away with. It will be no more. Hell is thrown into the lake of fire which means the second death because it to will be done away with:

"(1 Corinthians 15:26) 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing."

You see no where in the Bible does it teach that people burn forever in a Hellfire. It just isn't there. This is a false teaching from false religion to misguide and fool the people.
edit on 23-6-2021 by MidnightHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Just check'n!

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Notice that Jesus said death was a sleep. And he went to wake up Lazarus from the sleep of death, called a resurrection.

No that is wrong. Lazarus was asleep in the bosom of Jesus. Jesus told the Sumaritan woman [at the well] that He [Jesus] was the resurrection but Lazarus was not resurrected at this time. He was restored because he had not received his judgment as yet. And before one can become resurrected that one must be judged to receive heaven or hell. Jesus did not go about putting people in hell and then change His mind and put them in heaven. It simply does not work like that. The scriptures tell us that it is appointed for us to die once and then the judgment.

How can hell be thrown into the lake of fire? You said there is no second death. But We are told that the lake of fire is the second death.

What i said is that there in no second death for a Christian. In the docrtrine of Jesus there is no second death for His people but in the doctrine of Judaism there can be up to three deaths. not including the doctrine of reincarnation. There are two distinct avenues of death. One is death of the terrestrial substance and the other is death of the spiritual substance.

Most people are afraid to read and digest what is printed if it is against their own opinions. We are not privy to what the spiritual world truly is. We have no idea what heavenly non consuming fire is. I believe that when the unjustified are cast into the lake of fire that they have no consciousness but that their worm [Identification] remains forever. That is my belief and I don't expect people to have the same belief. Those who die the second death in the lake of fire are somewhat like dying their first death on this earth. We lose consciousness in this body and we lose consciousness in the unjustified spiritual body. Then the spiritual body is destroyed just like the terrestrial body is also destroyed. Both return to their sources.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

No that is wrong.

"Jesus said to them plainly: “Lazʹa·rus has died."-John 11:14.

In order for Lazarus to come back to life he needed to be resurrected. That is what a resurrection is, bringing a person back to life from the sleep of death.

Jesus let Lazarus die and be dead for 4 days. It is interesting to note that in Jewish tradition a person could not be buried until the 3rd day to make sure they had indeed died (they at that time had the erroneous belief that the soul stayed with the dead body for 3 days before it left.) By then their body begins to rot. Even those with the false superstitious beliefs had to be impressed.

Jesus had performed resurrections on other occasions, but those were right after the body had expired. Some people may have claimed that it was parlor tricks.

But resurrecting a dead and rotting body, (as even Lazarus' sister said would have been happening: (Jesus said: “Take the stone away.” Martha, the sister of the deceased, said to him: “Lord, by now he must smell, for it has been four days.” vs 39) would be clear proof to everyone even his most staunch opposers that Jesus was from God.

edit on 23-6-2021 by MidnightHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

"Jesus said to them plainly: “Lazʹa·rus has died."-John 11:14. In order for Lazarus to come back to life he needed to be resurrected. That is what a resurrection is, bringing a person back to life from the sleep of death.

It is written that Jesus taught in His doctrine that a man would die only once and then be judged.

Hebrews_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

The translators have not mistranslated but have left you in confusion as to what resurrection of the terrestrial substance is.

It is written in the book of Acts that Jesus was the first to raise the terrestrial body to the celestial body. Lazarus was not raised from terrestrial to celestial but was restored from terrestrial to terrestrial [same substance].

Act 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

It is written in 1st Corinthians 15:20 that Jesus was the first to have been raised from death of terrestrial to life of celestial. Lazarus was raised from death of the terrestrial back to life of the terrestrial.

1st Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

So in lite of this that we have explained , resurrection in the biblical sense tells us that resurrection requires more than simply a terrestrial unconsciousness restoration. This is where the translators are guilty of not explaining.

Rabanus tells us in his historic work that Lazarus was one of the twelve that established the church in Briton. Lazarus became the first Bishop of Cyprus. He settled and died at Marseilles where his church is shown today.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I know God exists because as soon as I "surrendered" to my Higher Self My life started changing rapidly. In a cleansing and a little painful of a way but it has made me a much more complete person. I went from non-believer to Believer really really quickly. I'm still in a bit of a shock about it hah

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Then the spiritual body is destroyed just like the terrestrial body is also destroyed. Both return to their sources

Its a wonder Christians can sleep at nigtht!

Our spiritual body is made in Gods image so always exists in a state of perfection and indestructibility. If you consider the lake of fire our physical realm then you will make better sense of revelation. The second death being rebirth of the worm. So the purpose of lake is not to punish. But to experience truth in our sensations from the fire.

God is love and bleses everyone with his immense love.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

It is estimated that about 100 billion or more people have been alive on this planet.

All of them believed in something, and most of them died for there believe, a few even likely lived for the believe. The believes are varied and many, in fact? Likely in the hundreds of millions of different believes, anything from Gods, to nature spirits to money and shiny metals, you name it, and it likely existed before, all you gods, and all your devils and all your saints and everything, and yes? Even God.

And all of them are dead now.

And one day all of us will join them. Believe in the end? In any god or religion or way of life. Amounts to no more then the believe that children have about which Pokemon charter is the bestest and greatest of all.

And one day all of us will join the way over 100 billions of peoples that at one point believed and something. But are not around now.

So maybe God or whatever does exist. But in the end? Does it matter? For all the past 100 or more billions of peoples? How much do there believes matter now?

What I am saying? Anything that people believe? Exists in one form or another. But nature has deemed all believes to be a waste of energy. And so? 99.9999999 of them are not around anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Have you never experienced something that could not be rationally explained?

Anything that made you understand there's a world within this world?

Think hard. There has to be once instance in which you had a moment of pause and realized there's more to reality than we've been taught in schools and institutions of higher learning.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ApolloOlympos

Once you let go of the wheel and let God take over everything changes.

In a positive manner.

The hardest part though is letting go of the wheel because of outside influences. Once you stop caring what other people think about you, you're free to easily make decisions that would otherwise be difficult.

In other words, kick out the backseat drivers and let go of that steering wheel. You are responsible for you, not them.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Dude, totally... A few years ago your words would have fallen on deaf ears... Now I get it. Even saying the word "God" was difficult for me. Life has been a lot easier with Faith... so grateful for the rescue.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ApolloOlympos

I'm glad you see it. Not many do.

And life is most definitely easier, even during hard times.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Absolutely! I've been doing my best to spread the Word since. I will share this antidote until my dying day.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Oh ya. I have, at one point every other week, for about years or more straight. In fact going to weird # now, but at this point? Its normal more or less. And even the wierd # today all lead back to about 3 years ago were I had a dream? Were everything in that dream. Pretty much unfolded the way it is now, though abliet heavily symbolical in nature.

So ya. Belive? And peoples believes? Dont mean much.

Which is why I say. Believe, is just that. Something that at one point somebody once had and held in there head.

You may not believe me. But a casual stroll through a hospital ward or even in a mall shows that believe means absolutely nothing. Just a believe that certain people at certain times held in there heads. I think people make to much of there believes. Believes are like opinions, and like assholes.

Everybody has them. So what? Big whoop. So did the other 100 to 200 billion people before them.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Don't take dreams lightly.

You could be one God is reaching out to, He speaks through various means. For me, I think He speaks through strangers when He communicates with me sometimes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join