It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you say God exists?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Wow. Congrats, you jerked tears out both eyes.

Your last sentence is what God is all about. Pure love.

And it doesn't matter if you tell people about your experience and they don't believe you.

Because every single time you tell it God smiles because you have not forgotten.

Don't let that memory fade.

Thank you thank you thank you

Now I got to find my mask and wipe my face dry.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And God bless you as well.

Love is the key.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Every time God has reached out and physically shown his presence to me, is a moment I will never forget.

I have greater difficulty, noticing and remembering all the tiny tender mercies he shows me each day.

That is my true challenge.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have felt Agape. If my creator loves me and I can feel it what is more real than that?

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Sometimes we don't even notice the little things. Or we don't realize it was God.

Ever have a person disappear on ya?

I've had conversations or interactions with people and look away or get distracted for a moment and look back and they're gone. Only happened a couple or three times but it's rememberable.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Nothing compares to that.

Having someone tell you they love you is wonderful, but to literally feel love is....well, undescribable. It's like a warm blanket on a cold night.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Thnx. 'means a lot.
Best

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Every time God has reached out and physically shown his presence to me, is a moment I will never forget.

I have greater difficulty, noticing and remembering all the tiny tender mercies he shows me each day.

That is my true challenge.

Thats right. Think of how many mini-miracle things we see and dont realize each day?

OMG. Literally.🙏Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Personally I have no doubt that GOD is real.

That said I try not to define him, that is form a mental image of God as looking like something or being something beyond what I have read in my religion which is Christianity, Christ said this to us.

No one has seen the FATHER except the SON, not even the Angels in Heaven have seen the father only the SON.

But if you are talking beyond religion into the metaphysical and philosophical, well we may not so much see God as see his fingerprint's or the closest thing to that in the universe itself.

I AM that I AM or simply I AM.

When Moshe asked the spirit that was speaking to him in the Burning Bush who he was, this was a definition of self apart and of an aware being that transcends space, time and form but is, other than that he sent Moshe to Egypt to show them the one who sent him IS the LORD, it is possible since God showed Egypt mercy time and again despite there wrong's that once the people there also worshipped him before trying to define him in idol's and name's.

So you exist, the universe within the limitations of your ability to perceive it also seems to exist.

It is, if it has no cause why is it ordered, why are there law's and rule's that hold back chaos, why is it both there and not there, why are you were you are and NOT were you are, why?.

What defined those rules, chance???.

Imagine if Super space was or is real, imagine it has everything and nothing simultaneously, is both infinite and finite, basically unchained chaos, a self annihilating nothingness and everything all at the same time with no rules, no order and non of that crap about chaos giving rise to order because it simply does not without an underlying set of rules so Chaos therefore does not really exist.

How, did something one day say before all other things came into being - I AM - and then set those rules in place, as long as that something exists those rules do.

But you know even this is an attempt to define, and therefore wrong, God is a mystery you take him by faith or you do not, he will not be put to the test.

So God, I believe but I can not define other than that I accept the Christ is my Lord simple as that, I can not define God, I can not make an image of him in my mind and my argument could be picked apart by better debaters any time they choose but for me it will not change the fact that I believe and even need God and I have had my experiences in life many indeed most of us have.

edit on 18-6-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Firstly, it's good to see you're okay now and that the, uh, "universe" provided for you in your time of need until you could get back on your feet.

Secondly, it's really interesting that god apparently decided to protect you while hundreds of unfortunate souls perished around the world. Innocent folk who didn't get the blessings you enjoyed and are now dead.

I can't help wondering why you were saved and they weren't.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Firstly, it's good to see you're okay now and that the, uh, "universe" provided for you in your time of need until you could get back on your feet.

Secondly, it's really interesting that god apparently decided to protect you while hundreds of unfortunate souls perished around the world. Innocent folk who didn't get the blessings you enjoyed and are now dead.

I can't help wondering why you were saved and they weren't.

I was expecting this question, because it is one that I have asked myself a many times.

I have had people I know, and love, and some I didn't know, suffer, and some die, while I am still here. Even after I had asked to be taken. I was bedbound and in so much agony that I started my prayers each morning, and ended my prayers each night, asking God if he could just take me out of this world.

I did not pray for healing. I did not pray for relief. I prayed for release.

I don't know why I am still here, but I try to make the most out of this time I was given. I serve, my community by providing care and services for the victims of abuse and trauma. I serve three days a week at the church, feeding the community.

The reason why God does what he does, goes beyond my knowledge, and likely beyond my understanding. I can only do what I can do, until he does release me, or he choses to reveal his reasons with me. I am not holding my breath.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

For every person who says god saved them, there's a dozen bodies who died wondering why he didn't.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

For every person who says god saved them, there's a dozen bodies who died wondering why he didn't.

Maybe that dozen just didn't recognize when he did.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I do not know those who died that you are referring to. May I have link?

But I have known children over the years that never made it to their teens. I know of infants that were born and died on the same day.

I know there's innocent black people in Chicago that will never see Monday morning.

I know someone somewhere will die tonight from a drug overdose.

I know someone will be killed in an automobile accident this weekend.

Out there somewhere is a person taking their last breath....right...now.

Is God at fault for these deaths? No.

Death of our flesh is inevitable. Untimely deaths are sad, but any death is sad as well.

What exactly do you know about God, besides what you've heard?

Have you read the Bible? Even one Book? Even one chapter or verse?

If so, tell it to me. And then tell me what it means to you.

Then I will tug on your bait some more.

Oh, and the "universe" watched as God provided for me. I should know. I was there.

Answer these questions and cast your bait again.

Thank you for posting.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Maybe that dozen just didn't recognize when he did.

You just said that information is beyond your knowledge so your "maybe" is optimistic at best. Giving credit for credits sake is not reassuring.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You don't have to define Him.

The Bible takes care of that.

All that matters is that you know Him.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Malachi 3:10, NIV: "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."

I test God every time I tithe, according to His request.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If god is to be thanked for life (such as your own) then he must also be blamed for deaths like what you just described. Every life lost to tragic circumstance is at best evidence of unreliable abilities and at worst a dereliction of duty.

Are you offended by my questions? Why are these believers always so offended to have open honest discussion about a very questionable topic?
edit on 18-6-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There's no need to question why you are here.

Only ask what you can do while you are, and from what you said in your post, you have a positive impact on people.

We can't rattle our brains trying to understand death. I used to have a fear of dying, but not anymore, because I feel like I'm on borrowed time.

And I try to make every minute count.

The question TzarChasm asked is a question the Pharisees and Sadducees would ask Jesus.

Loaded questions.

And they're easy to answer if you understand intent.

His first statement to me said it all.

HE....is someone Jesus would love to sup with. And I hope that wasn't a drive by posting, I want to talk to him.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The question is whether you have better answers than the previous forum users who have tried to solve the Epicurus riddle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join