It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2021

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

Following in the footsteps of watch s past, like Quake Watch 2020, we roll into the New Year (so long 2020!!)

I am posting as we in Anchorage just had a good shaker tool through at 10 AM, 27 Feb 2021. M 5.3

That is not the whole story. The Ring of Fire (I know, it is mostly anecdotal and not a “real science” thing), is active this year. There was an undersea 7.2 in Indonesia, one Japan near Fukushima Diachi reactors, and I was waiting for the shoe to fall here in South Central Alaska.

Watch for BC area in a couple weeks. Which always raises fear of the Cascadia fault (and by extension, SoCal).

May not be a real thing but we can keep watch!

On the plus side, it was only M5.2 but it was a long 45 seconds!

Happy New Year!

In keeping with the long tradition of Quake threads, may I present....older info

www.emsc-csem.org... EUROPE & WORLD

earthquake.usgs.gov... UNITED STATES

www.geonet.org.nz... NEW ZEALAND

www.jma.go.jp... JAPAN

tsunami.gov... TSUNAMI INFO

ptwc.weather.gov... PACIFIC TSUNAMI INFO

www.ndbc.noaa.gov... NATIONAL BUOY INFO

OK so that's just a start and this info will get you educated if you have the time or intresst to read some of the articles If you want to add anything relating to earthquakes and tsunamis feel free but keep it .gov or .edu or official scientific stuff you know. Cheers

QW2020
QW2019
QW 2018
QW 2017
QW 2016
QW 2015
QW 2014
QW 2013
QW 2012
QW 2011
QW 2010
QW 2009
QW 2008
QW 2007
QW 2006
QW 2005 ???
QW 2004
World Seismic Events 2003

edit on Sun Feb 28 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Side note on the Indonesia 7.2, I actually caught one of the minor aftershocks of it here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Been getting more and more larger ones in our locked up zone too

M 4.0 - off the coast of Oregon

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Forgot about the New Zealand EQ!!

I think that piqued my interest in the whole Ring of Fire. Even if they are not connected, they do appear to interact with each other.

It scares me when California is always being skipped...

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Forgot about the New Zealand EQ!!

I think that piqued my interest in the whole Ring of Fire. Even if they are not connected, they do appear to interact with each other.

It scares me when California is always being skipped...

Yeah, it'll be hell on earth when that one hits

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It's been awhile since I've seen a quake watch thread!

I was in Kenai during the last two big EQs......what a rush!

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The energy luckily enough for our BC Coast likes to release outside Massat off the Haida Qwaii islands. And quite a ways offshore area is sparsely populated but the last few 7+ off our coast has been north of Vancouver Island and South of above mentioned. Been a few years since I felt the 5.1 that shook Vancouver, eerie though as the Juan de Fuca, San Andres seems to be waiting to exhale.

I fear for the day The Pacific Northwest gets a good shake I foresee some major destruction a lot of old infrastructure and buildings.

Really going to depend on epicentre fingers crossed way out too sea some where with no tsunami

SaneThinking

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking
Portland, OR, will not see the other side of Juan poppin off. I suspect heavy liquifaction along the Columbia. I agree, the West coast of the lower 48 (and BC)...has been duckin the roll for a while now, including a number of volcanic possibilities.

edit on 27-2-2021 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thanks for starting a new one. I hadn’t even realized yet that we needed one. Where is the time going?!
I’ve been expecting something lately the way things look. I’m keeping one eye on the west coast. The ones off of Oregon for awhile now. Ping ponging back & forth in Cali between San Fran area & LA. Activity in southwest Nevada & now Arizona too. Texas has been ongoing, but that’s mostly in the same area, probably a fracking area.

All of those are not really unusual except when they all happen within the same time frame. Just quite a few not usual ones in diverse places happening right now too. It’s been awhile since I saw any in Iceland. Maybe volcanic, I haven’t had a chance to look into it. Hawaii’s Kilauea has been having some activity again too.
Things just seem to be stirring in general!

WOQ

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

I did a report at work (little going on) and realized I needed a new page for 2021!

The year just kind of flew by while everyone was preoccupied with the pandemic!

Hope that it really isn’t death and destruction! We have new detectors out there, better models, and years of data that I hope will serve us well when the time comes.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
S&F and subscribed. Thanks for the thread.

Nothing to report from Australia from last year. Just the odd M1 to M2 hear and their.

You see we don't actually have earthquake zones to speak of and no volcanoes either.

In over 6 decades I have felt one, a super 5.1 that happened half a century ago and I read about one on the East Coast that did a little damage.

All of you on the Pacific Rim with your big ones are going to get us one day with a tsunami. We don't really want one of those so if you could just relax we would appreciate it.

Lovely thread.

P

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

31 years ago a 5.6 Mag hit Newcastle in NSW, Australia killing 13 and injuring 160. That's the only significant one I know of. That's probably the east coast one you recall.

edit on 27-2-2021 by heffo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: heffo7

Yes it is.

It was only lethal because building standards in Australia didn't allow for EQ proofing buildings.

That has changed since but a 5.6 does not usually kill.

The rest of the country just doesn't have any.

And no volcanoes!

P

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ongoing activity in the western Pacific today.
In the last four hours, a 7.3 off the coast of New Zealand, with eight aftershocks so far.
A 6.1 near Vanuatu.
Now a 7.5 off the coast of New Zealand again.
All at different depths. No tsunami warnings, but I did see a news clip earlier advising people away from the coast.

Source: USGS

WOQ

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Greece having some action

www.reuters.com...

ATHENS (Reuters) - An earthquake of magnitude 6 struck central Greece on Thursday, the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) said.

The fire brigade service said there were no immediate reports of casualties or serious damage.

The EMSC pinned the quake 17 kilometres west of the town of Tyrnavos, central Greece.

A powerful quake shook the same area on Wednesday, sending people rushing out of homes and damaging houses and cars in nearby villages.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Another 7.8 & 8.0!
With tsunami warnings!
Anybody from New Zealand on the boards right now that can weigh in???

WOQ

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

I am in the far North, and they have issued Tsunami warnings for everyone from the Bay of Islands South. We have a big peninsular acting as a barrier where we are.But the TV warnings sound serious.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Tsunami warnings have just gone off so I'd better move to higher ground.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

They deleted the 7.8 now & upped the 8 to an 8.1. Ongoing aftershocks too.
I wondered when I saw two quakes listed at the exact same time. Still a lot of higher quakes for just one area.

Hopefully no big waves! Stay safe!

WOQ

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Stay safe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join