It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2021

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

The Tsunami Warning has been canceled.

Link

National Emergency Management Agency @NZcivildefence · 4h Based on current scientific advice and information from coastal tsunami gauges there is no longer a threat to land areas. People who have evacuated can now return home.

Looks like they lucked out.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, the antipode of Greece is right near New Zealand!
Greece’s 6 was downgraded to a 5.6, but they are having aftershocks.

Things that make you go hmmm....

WOQ

Antipodes: www.geodatos.net...
edit on 4-3-2021 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Another 6.5, 5.5 & 5.7.
More large activity in one spot then we’ve seen for quite awhile.

WOQ

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
8.1 now and tsunami warning
Link

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oops, looks like the canceled alert was from earlier.

We have just deleted a tweet that was issued in error. The current tsunami warning is still in place.

Link

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just adding this. From what I've seen they are expecting tsunami activity.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 4-3-2021 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

May also hit Hawaii.

www.bostonglobe.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
curious if you draw an line trough the eath into space where it ends at both sides... an supernova ore black hole?

a reply to: wasobservingquietly

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It's a beautiful day, the sea state is looking a bit weird, and it looks like a one to a three-meter swell. The Council people are at an elevation of about sixty feet, and stopping people from going to the beach. The Tsunami sirens are going off big time. It looks like it is hitting now. Warnings are going off on cell phones. Just stay of the beach is the main warning.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

It's a beautiful day, the sea state is looking a bit weird, and it looks like a one to a three-meter swell. The Council people are at an elevation of about sixty feet, and stopping people from going to the beach. The Tsunami sirens are going off big time. It looks like it is hitting now. Warnings are going off on cell phones. Just stay of the beach is the main warning.

Just remember the first one isn't necessarily the biggest.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

I have no idea.
I don’t know anything about outer space.

WOQ

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

When I lived in Hawaii people told me about a tsunami that hit there. Back in the 40’s maybe? The water went out away from the beach, almost like a very low tide, but farther out & faster. There were fish flopping all over that were left behind. People went out to grab them & a big tidal wave came in faster than they could run back to shore. Run is the wrong word! The ocean bottom wouldn’t be easy to try & run on! I forget how many drowned. Sad!

You are ATS’s own on the spot reporter!
Stay safe!

WOQ

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the local info.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You still there? Any update??

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexanderM

Yes the sirens have stopped, the sea is surging a bit more than usual, apparently, theirs been another six up in the Kermadecs, but it looks like we are over the worst of it in the far North.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: AlexanderM

Yes the sirens have stopped, the sea is surging a bit more than usual, apparently, theirs been another six up in the Kermadecs, but it looks like we are over the worst of it in the far North.

Thanks!! Good to know you are safe!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Thanks!

Did it end up doing any damage. The waves I mean.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I don't think so everything is back to normal, just seemed to be a surging sea state. The Whangarei basin was said to be surging so some boats on their moorings might have been shaken around a bit.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow!

What a crazy set of events!!

Glad that no tsunami hit (it takes time to propagate across the ocean to places like Hawaii, or AK, SoCal, Achai, etc).

My favorite “cultural study” story of all time, is of a Japanese village that ran out an old, strange, man that kept talking about destruction of their seaside village. After years of putting up with the “crazy, old man” the village banished him.

Words were exchanged (forget the details), the old man heads out of the village. The road lead up to the terraced rice fields, and the top of the mountain is where the rice stalks are dried in the sun and sea breeze.

The EQ happens, people are knocked to the ground, the old man drops all his belongings and runs to the top of the small mountain. He watches the water in the bay recede and the villagers walk out to collect fish and other delicacies. Knowing what is happening, the pariah grabs a torch, lights it, and runs to the bundles of rice stalks drying in the ocean sun.

He sets them on fire.

The villagers walking out into the bay were interested in gathering the riches of the ocean without having to work so hard for it when someone calls out (name of banished, crazy, old man), “... has set all of of our rice harvest on fire in anger for us banishing him!! Look!!!

The smoke was growing thicker as the rice crop burned.

In anger the villagers ran up the trail to confront the old man. Ready to lynch the man, they screamed, “Explain yourself!!!”

He pointed at the dry bay as the water returned, and in three waves, wiped out the village.

(Proclaimed a hero. Made chief of the village. Etc)

edit on 4-3-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Personal AntiFANouns... and outside agitators.,,

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm glad to hear that

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Today is the 10th anniversary of the 9.0 earthquake & tsunami in Japan & the nuclear melt down at Fukushima. Hard to believe that it’s been that long already! There were pages & pages of commentary & statistics here on Quake Watch. I sure miss the old Quake Watch!

WOQ

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join