It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
If remains are found, it wasn't the bomber....the police have already said there was a recording coming from the RV saying there was a bomb about to go off....a recording....

Could be the bomber committed suicide inside the RV via overdose or something Kevorkian style earlier, and left the RV bomb there to send some kind of "message", which will be revealed once we know who it was.

edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile automatic incorrect

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

it sure looks that way to me.
here is the video with the recording playing. it shows the red SUV and the white car and the flash comes from the right side where the RV would be.

and you can see the fire there that i pointed out in my last post.

edit on 25-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Found this gif on the chans.

Not sure what it is showing exactly.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Found this gif on the chans.

Not sure what it is showing exactly.

That's inter carrier internet backbone connections. Not sure which carriers map, could be AT&t's.
edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile auto incorrect

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Seeing as how Tennessee is a COVID hotspot ... some Karen went nuclear over the bars?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There are lots of AT&T buildings. Most of them don't have anything to do with switching centers or "Central Offices" as they're called. Most people wouldn't recognize a Central Office if they saw one. People can live their entire lives in a city or town with a Central Office and not know they are there, or what they do. True Central Offices are disguised in plain sight. And they're built this way on purpose.

If any AT&T services are out it's likely not caused from damage to a building, especially a block away. These buildings are built like fortresses (literally). An entire city block could get leveled and a Central Office would still be standing. They're hardened facilities which can withstand blasts, fires, floods, you name it. Plus, they're completely self contained.

If any AT&T services are out it is far more likely that these services were underground somewhere in vicinity of where the bomb went off. like a nearby manhole, underground vault or ductbank system.

Trust me, companies like AT&T know what they're doing. I work around them every day. They certainly don't build buildings which say "Place Bomb Here!...if you catch my meaning.

ETA - Also, telcos and other utilities use disasters as opportunities to do upgrades so their guarantees for up-time and Service Level Agreements (SLA's) with penalties aren't affected. Sad factoid, but true.
edit on 12/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As being mentioned the police were in the area trying to evacuate people, in all likely hood there was a person inside the RV. Police would have likely noticed if somebody was outside.

Mayor has declared the area closed due to civil emergency

[url]https://fox17.com/news/local/explosion-reported-in-downtown-nashville-emergency-crews-on-scene-tennessee-christmas-morning-hotel-broadway-nissan[ /url]

Police said the explosion that rattled downtown Nashville Christmas morning and damaged several buildings, some extensively, is believed to be intentional.

The RV arrived on 2nd Ave. North at about 1:22 a.m.

Officers were responding to a shots fired call just a block away from Broadway at 5:30 a.m., when they spotted a suspicious RV parked outside 166 2nd Ave. North. Chief John Drake said the RV was making announcements warning that the bomb would detonate in 15 minutes.

Officers immediately began evacuating apartments.
edit on 25-12-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Refer to my previous statement regarding cellular infrastructure that AT&t may have inherited, much in the same way as they inherited the company I used to work for.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I didn't put the two videos together. If that is the same car then it wasn't the car that exploded.

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The RV was almost 2 full blocks away from ATT building...and looking at Gmaps shows a cellphone store right beside the marker for the explosion. Interesting comments if you look up bell south on gmaps. Guy is asking what the building is thats beside where the RV was and appears to be the same building this bell south cell store is in. I cant find anything about who is in that building so far. Also that bell south store only had 1 comment before this from 5 years ago Google thinks its in Catalan. Only 1 word nrrugut...

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

The RV was almost 2 full blocks away from ATT building...and looking at Gmaps shows a cellphone store right beside the marker for the explosion. Interesting comments if you look up bell south on gmaps. Guy is asking what the building is thats beside where the RV was and appears to be the same building this bell south cell store is in. I cant find anything about who is in that building so far. Also that bell south store only had 1 comment before this from 5 years ago Google thinks its in Catalan. Only 1 word nrrugut...

Are we talking about the same AT&t building? Because there's two. There's the big tall skyscraper thing that everybody knows about, and yes that is not at the bomb site. But then there's this other red masonry building, that looks like it might be a switch site, which appears to be where the RV was parked?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

Sure, cellular is such a dynamic business with people buying each other all the time, but cellular is WAY different than Central Office functionality. I would have no doubt some cellular infrastructure was damaged in a blast like this. It's almost guaranteed. The stuff is everywhere!

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Sure, cellular is such a dynamic business with people buying each other all the time, but cellular is WAY different than Central Office functionality. I would have no doubt some cellular infrastructure was damaged in a blast like this. It's almost guaranteed. The stuff is everywhere!

yeah I use the project manage acquisition integrations for AT&t wireless, and some of the companies we bought and acquired their infrastructure was total crap. I remember one in Florida that was a Cellular One franchise which I think they're switching office was built in what we used to jokingly refer to as the barn..

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The red brick building is where the cell phone store "Bell south" is. Its a big building though and I'm sure a cell store doesn't occupy all of it. I just haven't been able to find anything documenting who is in there aside from bell south cell store.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

The red brick building is where the cell phone store "Bell south" is. Its a big building though and I'm sure a cell store doesn't occupy all of it. I just haven't been able to find anything documenting who is in there aside from bell south cell store.

it really does have the look of a data center or switch site of some kind, possibly improvised into a building that was previously something else.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

A Central Office will be a 3-5 story building with no windows, no glass storefront doors. The building will be completely non-descript and might not even say AT&T on it. Just a completely vanilla structure. There won't be any cars parked around it, and people will rarely ever come and go. The buildings will usually prohibit parking anywhere along their perimeter by some pretty stiff fines and towing threats (not your ordinary "No Parking" signs). Buildings are usually located in such a way that they don't have streets along more than one side and they don't lend themselves well to loitering around them (dark, awkward to park, etc.). They're actually brilliantly thought out.

There's generally nothing mission-critical on the 1st floor, just some basic stuff. The upper floors contain all the critical equipment. An explosive could go off right next to one and not damage it.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just to add to the general weirdness, this isn't related but last June someone bought a full page ad in the newspaper "The Tennessean" claiming there would be a nuclear explosion set off in Nashville in July.

www.cbsnews.com...

"A major Tennessee newspaper said Sunday it is investigating what its editor called a "horrific" full-page advertisement from a religious group that predicts a terrorist attack in Nashville next month. The paid advertisement that appeared in Sunday's editions of The Tennessean addresses the "citizens of Nashville" and warns that the attack would happen on July 18, 2020.
The ad from the group Future For America claims Donald Trump "is the final president of the USA" and features a photo of Trump and Pope Francis. It begins by claiming that a nuclear device would be detonated in Nashville and that the attack would be carried out by unspecific interests of "Islam."

Future for America is a religious group "Our Mission The ministry of Future for America is to proclaim the final warning message of Revelation 14 as identified by the prophecies of the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy. The end-time fulfillment of Bible prophecy is no longer future-for it is taking place before our eyes. The historic, prophetic understanding of Seventh-day Adventism is now present truth."

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Cellular companies (and all their associated gear) is a complete JOKE compared to the regulated Telco's. The PUC regulated Telco's are hardcore to the max! They're built to 100% BICSI and Uptime Institute Tier 4 Standards. They're also compliant with NFPA 1221 (they have to be, by law). If you are a PM and know anything about Codes, those are some of the tallest orders imaginable!!

edit on 12/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is the ATT building that is said to have switches and relays and bears, oh my.

The RV was reported parked on the left at 166 2d ave. (The Melting Pot) across from the ATT building.

ETA - Just hear a eye-witness that lives on the street say she saw the RV parked on the right side, right next to the ATT building.

edit on 25-12-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Local news is reporting the blast has caused some AT&T disruptions including emergency lines all around TN and into KY.
Link
edit on 25-12-2020 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join