It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The explosion happened in the area of Second Avenue and Broadway near Commerce Street occurred around 6:30 am Friday. Heavy black smoke can be seen rising above the affected area.

The Metro Nashville Office of Emergency Management told News 2 a parked RV exploded and caused damage to several buildings. They said crews are currently assessing the damage but no injuries have been reported. Officials with the OEM also reported foul play was not suspected at this time.

There was a large police presence in this area along with fire crews. News 2 has reached out to Metro Police and The Fire Department to learn more.
Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

A vehicle is on fire after an explosion in the area of Second and Commerce Friday, Dec. 25, 2020 in Nashville, Tenn.
Photos: Explosion reported in downtown Nashville Christmas morning

Not much info out yet. Sounds like it could of just been an accident and not an attack. But these days, who knows, stay alert ATS.

Downtown Nashville was evacuated today due to an explosion and fires.

There is a building on fire downtown. They are searching for victims, many people walked out of the area on their own. A triage unit has been setup onsite.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Parked RV and no foul play? Do they think something went wrong with a food truck maybe?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

food truck maybe

That is a possibility, for sure.

I just saw this report where gunfire was maybe heard.

They are still pushing the "no foul play".

Foul play is not suspected, according to a report from WKRN-TV. That’s preliminary though. Despite the report that foul play is not suspected, which came to WKRN from the Metro Nashville Office of Emergency Management and has not been confirmed by other authorities, another journalist reported that the police bomb squad was making sure there weren’t car bombs in the area. NewsChannel5 reported that federal authorities were helping investigate. It’s not clear what ignited the explosion, but there was a fairly large blast zone. A WKRN journalist, speaking in the second video down in this story, reported speaking to a man in the area who reported hearing what sounded like multiple gunshots. It’s not clear whether they really were gunshots, however.
Nashville Explosion From Parked RV Rocks Downtown on Christmas Day

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

That could still be a food truck or something similar. The "gun shots" could have been smaller explosions.

It's tempting to think it's something bad, but what use would you get out of blowing up downtown on Christmas morning? It's not like there would be many people down there, not like there would be on a normal day or busy evening.
edit on 25-12-2020 by ketsuko because: typing "g" when I want "f" ...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Saying it was intentional on the news.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The damage is pretty extreme. I don't think an accidental RV explosion would cause that much damage. It must have been packed with explosives. Maybe the timing was an accident.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point about this being a bad day for an attack.

It was parked outside the Melting Pot restaurant.

I think you may be right about it being an exploding food truck.

Thankfully, it looks like there were no serious injury's reported.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Let's hope more are not planned around the country.....

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
The damage is pretty extreme. I don't think an accidental RV explosion would cause that much damage. It must have been packed with explosives. Maybe the timing was an accident.

It was a huge explosion. Propane tanks from a food truck would not do this.

It is being handed to the FBI now and is definitely intentional.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I hope you are wrong. It does look like a large explosion.

I don't see a lot of structural damage like at OHC bombing, though.

ETA - Building by the Nashville blast.

edit on 25-12-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That could still be a food truck or something similar. The "gun shots" could have been smaller explosions.

It's tempting to think it's something bad, but what use would you get out of blowing up downtown on Christmas morning? It's not like there would be many people down there, not like there would be on a normal day or busy evening.

Always possible it was mistimed.....could have meant to set to go off last night when people were out at the bars. They said it went off at 630am....maybe it was a bomb on a timer and meant for it to be pm. Apparently there was a call at 6am about a suspicious vehicle as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I hope you are wrong. It does look like a large explosion.

I don't see a lot of structural damage like at OHC bombing, though.

With the reporting of a call of a suspicious vehicle around 6am this morning, that rules out food truck for me....they don't typically look suspicious.

Probably comes back a beater white van or something is my guess.

link   
This article says the police are investigating this as an intentional act.

No word on the target or intent.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 25-12-2020 by Scrable because: (no reason given)

link   

The timing is weird though. Maybe someone sending a signal to a restaurant owner? I've spent my share of time bar-hopping on Broadway. It's always crowded in the afternoon and evenings.

edit on 12-25-2020 by LogicalGraphitti because: added more for context

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The timing is weird though. Maybe someone sending a signal to a restaurant owner? I've spent my share of time bar-hopping on Broadway. It's always crowded in the afternoon and evenings.

I am wondering if the bomb was on a timer with am/pm set wrong. Might supposed to have gone off last night at 630 instead if this morning.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

that post reminds me of this, from spikes tv 1000 ways to die

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This does not look good. Maybe not related.

There was an ad taken out in the newspaper saying there would be an attack.

A major Tennessee newspaper said Sunday it is investigating what its editor called a "horrific" full-page advertisement from a religious group that predicts a terrorist attack in Nashville next month. The paid advertisement that appeared in Sunday's editions of The Tennessean addresses the "citizens of Nashville" and warns that the attack would happen on July 18, 2020.

The ad from the group Future For America claims Donald Trump "is the final president of the USA" and features a photo of Trump and Pope Francis. It begins by claiming that a nuclear device would be detonated in Nashville and that the attack would be carried out by unspecific interests of "Islam."

Tennessee newspaper investigating "horrific" ad claiming "Islam" would bomb Nashville

ETA - This is claimed to be a pic of the explosion.
twitter
Maybe it came from the sky?

edit on 25-12-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I remember that being in the news for a second.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ha....daylight savings time!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
For the record...LP tanks almost never explode up when shot with a firearm.

Just in case someone brings it up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join