It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfect stranger
I find it curious that it's outside the front door of AT&T, maybe some kind of effort to disrupt communications?

If it's a religious group looking to create chaos, then they likely just stuck it downtown and wanted to time it to target as many as they could.

The question would be who? There are some pretty out there groups in the Nashville area. It's a pretty religious place.

They've got everything from large groups of your more mainline religions to Black Hebrew Israelites embedded out there.
edit on 25-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Type in Hooters on 2nd Ave.

The Batman Building, which is AT&T, is a block over on 3rd and Commerce.

edit on 25-12-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
Police were already suspicious of the vehicle before it exploded. I'm wondering if the terrorist was watching, knew the vehicle was being looked at, and decided to explode it so at least it might do some damage to the surrounding police and buildings.

They got a call for shots fired prior to the explosion. Call Could have been bait for police to respond.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: CharlesT

Opened google earth and went to street view at that location after seeing debris field at the site of the explosion.

It is right up against the large red brick building. It houses ATT. Any light bulbs going off knowing this?

Officials with the OEM also reported foul play was not suspected...

They are already BSing us.

I can't pinpoint where it is. Can you give me an address or Lat and Lon?

I did see it was near a "critical commutations center".

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Have ran a few campgrounds and an RV full of propane can make quite a blast. Like a house full of gas can take a few other homes with it.

Time will tell.

Merry Christmas!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

news said the block between 2nd ave north and commerce st, look at Bigburgh post and go from there.

here is a link for street view, before today.

2nd AVE nashville
edit on 25-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

looking down 2nd from commerce

edit on 25-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I agree. The AT&T is pretty much only office and no one is going to be working on Christmas. If this was AT&T infrastructure they were after then that wouldn't be a great target; but then again terries aren't that bright.

I'm thinking the bars were a more likely target. Or this was a diversion.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
This does not look good. Maybe not related.

There was an ad taken out in the newspaper saying there would be an attack.

A major Tennessee newspaper said Sunday it is investigating what its editor called a "horrific" full-page advertisement from a religious group that predicts a terrorist attack in Nashville next month. The paid advertisement that appeared in Sunday's editions of The Tennessean addresses the "citizens of Nashville" and warns that the attack would happen on July 18, 2020.

The ad from the group Future For America claims Donald Trump "is the final president of the USA" and features a photo of Trump and Pope Francis. It begins by claiming that a nuclear device would be detonated in Nashville and that the attack would be carried out by unspecific interests of "Islam."

Tennessee newspaper investigating "horrific" ad claiming "Islam" would bomb Nashville

Save those. With how quickly the FBI responded this has all the hallmarks of a distraction or false flag. That story could be scrubbed pretty quickly. It's circulating on chans of some sites going down already.

#UPDATE: NEW up close video of the #nashvilleexplosion

Credit: Kelly Bolyard / Facebook

twitter.com...

edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago5010699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Commerce st. and 2nd avenue north.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Thank goodness it appears only 3 are injured and not seriously!!

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As always there will be speculation. Pics coming in show some pretty extensive damage to buildings
I agree a data centre would have redundancy planned but ...
edit on 25-12-2020 by Perfect stranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What if it is an NSA communications collection and forwarding center run by ATT?

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Thank goodness it appears only 3 are injured and not seriously!!

That's why we're thinking misfire. To detonate something like this on Christmas morning in that location, you aren't doing much more than creating noise and destruction of property. Both of those are bad enough, but most people are going to be well out of that neighborhood on Christmas morning.

link   
Thanks for all the help finding it and the pics.

The story said the food truck was parked outside of The Melting Pot.

This is the Melting Pot on 2D Ave.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
What if it is an NSA communications collection and forwarding center run by ATT?

Wouldn't matter. Looking at the aftermath, this bomb wasn't intended for taking out a building....it was made to take out people.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

I think you should look again.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Few images

You can see from the store fronts that if this had happened on a regular commerce day or night, it would have been a high casualty event. I can see three or four cafe/bar signs in the one image alone.

The quote from the ABC news story says the debris field goes for several blocks. That's a lot of potential shrapnel.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I`m about 2 miles away from this and just getting the details.

Look at the large red building on google maps street view, in the middle of a touristy area full of restaurants and shops with this large building with no public access. Theres a large hole in the side of it with grate and chunks of the sidewalk blown upwards. An RV parked on the street is not going to blow the building outwards. Its 2020 and coincidences do not exist anymore.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No it wasn't. It wasn't intended for either one you suggest. It was meant to send a message...
It was timed especially to avoid any casualties.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

That is the building's service entrance. On Google Earth there is a dumpster sitting in that opening.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join