It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Horrible feeling Boris is going to cave in

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

As always a very well constructed and reasoned post.

Unfortunately I think you're a bit wide of the mark on this occasion.
Yes, I think TPTB seriously misjudged the British public and fully expected a Remain victory and they want the UK to stay in the EU.
I also think there are elements within 'the establishment' who are trying use the pandemic as an opportunity to further their own agenda and manipulate public opinion.

But I can only speak as I find and I can honestly say that judging by the people I talk to - from all over the UK and across the political and social divides - and who I interact with on a regular basis that support for Brexit has firmed up.
People are angry at what they see as EU intransigence, arrogance and even intimidation and our own politicians dithering and outright incompetence.
They want OUT and the general feeling is that NO DEAL is by far preferable over any bad deal.....and it seems that bad deals are the only things that are on the table.

I see some people are saying we should let the EU have their way on fishing rights.
What sort of message does that send the EU?
It honestly reminds me of the Munich Agreement back in '38, and how did that work out?
We have to stand form and set our stall out from the start - we are an independent nation free from EU dictates, if they don't like that then tough!

We aren't anti-European.
We are anti-EU.
There is a big difference.

We aren't anti free trade.
We are anti political union.
There is a big difference.

It's really not hard to understand.

It seems to me that these politicians and bureaucrats are over complicating the issues - intentionally? - and it needs someone to enter the mix, break things down and simplify things.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: elysiumfire

It seems to me that these politicians and bureaucrats are over complicating the issues - intentionally? - and it needs someone to enter the mix, break things down and simplify things.

It all boils down to economy for me. No one complains during a boom time, people will eat anything if there personal lives are doing well.

The politicians are all very self serving, trying to impose the deal that will benefit them the most.

I've come too the conclusion that Brexit doesn't really matter in or out because at the end of the day there's too much money to be made and will strike any deal to make that end a reality. They couldn't care less about anything else. Make the economy work and stay in power pleasing the voters however possible.
edit on 17-12-2020 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So thanks for the shout out but I do not think it’s racist to be patriotic and I regard myself as a proud member of the tartan army. I might not support brexit but it don’t think it’s in anyway racist to support brexit and am I bit confused as to why you felt the need to single me out.

Regardless I don’t think he is going to cave, right now I just think neither side want to be seen to be the ones responsible for a disastrous no deal, when in reality that was always going to be the inevitable conclusion.

Personally I just hope this leads to Scottish independence.

So do I, I wish they would give us in England the vote so we could vote for your independence and you can take the poisonous little hobbit Sturgeon with you.

Fill your boots, Johnny Sassenach. The sooner the better for everyone in Scotland.

Ps, If you do manage to "kick us out" it'll be the first time since England's (little Germany) inception that it hasn't had to rely on plundering other nation's wealth and intellect to make its own way in this World. So you just batter on.

pps, Scotland as a nation is Older than your beloved Mongrel Germanic/Sassenach England. Freiheit!!!!

Kic k Scotland out of the UK

edit on 17-12-2020 by Soloprotocol because: typo

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Makes sense if Boris caved.

This is the direct result of Trump leaving office.

No doubt there were deals to be made with Boris and a 2nd term Trump.

Now, alls lost and many "movements" will now be squashed.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Makes sense if Boris caved.

This is the direct result of Trump leaving office.

No doubt there were deals to be made with Boris and a 2nd term Trump.

Now, alls lost and many "movements" will now be squashed.

Not so.

UK and US close to deal on cutting tariffs, says White House trade chief

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

Keep your Brexit.

Cave away Boris.

Nobody voted for a no-deal, that was never even on the Referendum.

The fact of the matter cockwombles should not make promises about things that they cannot do or even had any intension of delivering.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And a " Deal " was never on the Referendum either.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Politicians never entertained the prospect of a no-deal alldaylong.

We were promised a deal, and as of yet, I'm not seeing that materialize.

Where is the deal?

That would be nowhere to be seen.

This is a problem, and a doozy at that.
edit on 17-12-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The Referendum had two questions. Here is the ballot paper.

Nowhere does the word " Deal " appear. Do you know why that is ? The Chattering Classes where so sure that The British People would never vote to leave The EU.

That being said, they never even considered the word " deal " Because as far as they where concerned The UK was staying IN.

What a shock to their system it was when the result was announced.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Politicians never entertained the prospect of a no-deal alldaylong.

The main problem was they never entertained a majority would vote out. They used the promise of a referendum for power.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Indeed, but to my knowledge people never voted for a no-deal, aside from the draft arse Britain First type Nigel Farage wannabes.

And if they realized the mess and predicament the lies on the side of busses would bring about i imagine they may have reconsidered their stance on the matter.

Same with the silly arsed cockwombles that voted Torys back in up North.

Talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas, what a predicament.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Show me Tories worth a darn promoting any sort of complete no-deal leading up to the referendum?

There was meant to be a deal alldaylong else what the feck do you imagine they are attempting to negotiate?

That would be a deal.

And its the shock to our system that concerns people.

Because a complete no-deal Brexit will only add to the austerity dowing the rounds that's supposed to be over.

Well that is according to Boris and his ilk, funnily enough, the same people that tell blatant lies on the side of busses.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump or America.

To be perfectly honest with you America and its wishes and/or intentions are totally irrelevant when it comes to Brexit.
Not everything in this world revolves around the USA, far from it.

Why would you possibly think it has anything to do with Trump?

edit on 17/12/20 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The Referendum had two questions. Here is the ballot paper.

Nowhere does the word " Deal " appear. Do you know why that is ? The Chattering Classes where so sure that The British People would never vote to leave The EU.

That being said, they never even considered the word " deal " Because as far as they where concerned The UK was staying IN.

What a shock to their system it was when the result was announced.

You are correct without question.

However, all the main players in the leave camp, did state that it would be an easy deal, but these things never are. I never expected them to cave in, either side. What will be, will be.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

However, all the main players in the leave camp, did state that it would be an easy deal,

In theory The Leave Campaign was correct. The EU has a £90 Billon trade surplus with The UK. One would have thought that was more than enough for The EU to make a trade deal with The UK.

However when it comes to The EU nothing is as straight forward as it seems, which we have now found out. The EU's idea of a trade deal is nothing like you and i would imagine.

For The UK to trade with them, they are insistant that we are still tied into their rules and regulations, which don't happen with any other country they trade with.

Also they want continual access to our fishing grounds, which again is something above and beyond any normal trade arrangement.

As Boris rightfully said, no British Prime Minister would agree to those terms. And i am no fan of Boris.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There were no conditions on the ballot paper, a simple In/Out choice.

..... people never voted for a no-deal, aside from the draft arse Britain First type Nigel Farage wannabes.

So, I'm a 'daft arse Britain First type Nigel Farage wannabe' am I?

I know lots of people - across political and social divides - who voted for Brexit in the full knowledge that it could be No Deal.
Intelligent and reasoned people and not the racist xenophobes Remainers continually like to stigmatise all Brexit supporters as.

For the vast majority of us it came down to one thing: We don't want political union.

And now that we are leaving the fact is that No Deal is infinitely better than a bad deal.

I firmly believe that Boris Johnson has proven himself to be even more of an incompetent leader than I thought he could be.
I never had high hopes for him - as you know, he represents much of what I personally detest - but he's surpassed even my low hopes for him.

But to blame the failure to get some sort of decent deal with the EU on him is unfair.
The EU have been particularly belligerent and unyielding from the start and have tried to bully and intimidate the UK into agreeing to a deal that heavily favours them.

The negative implications of a No Deal could be devastating to the EU - I think it's about 20% of all German cars are sold in the UK, imagine how that could affect their economy especially considering the economic fall out from the coronavirus outbreak as well.
They'll be begging for a deal when German car workers are being laid off by the thousands.

No-one wants a No Deal, but it is a far better option than what is on the table at present and that is not down solely to the incompetence of Boris and his team....far from it.
edit on 17/12/20 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
fusionfilm

I can't believe that Covid was manufactured solely to stop Brexit...

I agree, not manufactured solely for the purpose of Brexit, I never stated it was. The virus, real and manufactured, was and is being used to implement globalist agenda of creating superstates, made up of once independent countries. On this issue I know I am not reaching. The actual phased implementations of the globalist agenda go back at least 60 years, the Common Market was the first part of creating the European superstate, which Britain is expected to integrate into. The agenda hasn't changed, but a number of time-targeted implementations have been missed, so the use of global crises helps to speed up agenda implementations (for all countries) through the invoking of emergency powers.

You'll have noticed countries are always on an emergency footing, and recently, the UN Secretary General has called for all countries to declare a global climate emergency, again under which countries and states can invoke and use specific emergency powers that give them greater authoritarian latitude.

For me, personally, I don't have a stake in the future of Britain past the next twenty years, as I have now entered my sixties, and the changes being made to re-engineer societies for preparation of implementing the superstates disclude me from being a citizen of it, nor would I want to be one. When I die, I don't want there to be an afterlife or reincarnation, or any condition that could have me return to a life in the future. I want utter and total non-existence.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The negative implications of a No Deal could be devastating to the EU - I think it's about 20% of all German cars are sold in the UK, imagine how that could affect their economy especially considering the economic fall out from the coronavirus outbreak as well.
They'll be begging for a deal when German car workers are being laid off by the thousands.

I work for the VW Group. They've had large scale plans for some time. Moving huge stocks, working out how to dodge tariffs by rules of origin. We were told this week they expect no deal and have planned for such. The wheels will keep turning and expect no major backlash.

You also have too remember the UK will do what it can to please these companies too. They employee thousands of people in the country not just in. manufacturing but all car related services and businesses. There's a very real fear they could pull out. I expect the UK will levy tax breaks to keep people in jobs and balance the books for the increase in costs.

My company said they plan to use big Antonov planes to ferry over what's needed to avoid delays, costs being transferred too the customer.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

A complete no deal will sink the nation into a recession the likes of which we have yet to witness Freeborn.

You know i dont imagine you to be a draft arse Britain First type Nigel Farage wannabe.

But you also know how i feel about Brexit and you how i feel about no-deal whatsoever in place nor lightly to be one.

Brexit happening, i get that, for the better or worse, but it will be worse for quite some time to come.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tdk84

And i sincerely hope those plans come to fruition and your group rides out the coming storm just fine.

But hope might not carry the day, and the costs being transferred to the customer might not work out too well nether.

Personally, i suspect a recession the likes of which we have yet to witness, guess only time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join