It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Horrible feeling Boris is going to cave in

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: ScepticScot

Do you live in Scotland and understand the definition of majority?

Also while you're looking that up have a look at the definition of Nationalism.

I never called you stupid or evil, just unable to accept fact due to your dislike of me.

No you said the majority of Scots don't understand politics, had been duped and referred to brainless masses (who apparently I speak for).

Trust me my views on this ,or any subject, aren't shaped in anyway by a personal opinion of you.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Please highlight this lack of respect for another poster. If you're going to start throwing mud you can expect it back.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Wow dude...We all remember your daily Trump threads and your thought on those who supported him. Irony? Hypocrisy?

Either that, or short-term memory loss is a sign of dementia.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The majority of Scottish people don't understand politics, same can be said for any nation. It's a popularity contest with very little research done into actual policy before voting. I'm going by personal experience of the majority of people i know, which is quite a varied demographic and large enough number to extrapolate the mindset of your average voter, with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Apologies, i wasn't attempting to typecast you as brainless, i can see why it would come across that way. I'm sure you have reasons for supporting the SNP although personally other than the useless twat currently running Westminster i fail to see any real positives from their party.
edit on 16/12/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Wow dude...We all remember your daily Trump threads and your thought on those who supported him. Irony? Hypocrisy?

Either that, or short-term memory loss is a sign of dementia.

And Why is me being critical of Trump the same as claiming someone is stupid for holding a different view.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Who called anyone stupid?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Who called anyone stupid?

Not really interested in getting into it

Am just saying it’s pretty sad how lots of folks on this site fail to show respect for different views. Too much attacking the player and not the ball. You know like the OP singling me out.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

That's fine, just don't tarnish me or reply to my posts insinuating i hold this character trait, unless you can back it up.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

The majority of Scottish people don't understand politics, same can be said for any nation. It's a popularity contest with very little research done into actual policy before voting. I'm going by personal experience.

Apologies, i wasn't attempting to typecast you as brainless, i can see why it would come across that way. I'm sure you have reasons for supporting the SNP although personally other than the useless twat currently running Westminster i fail to see any real positives from their party.

Thank you for the apology.

I don't particularly support the SNP. I vote for them in Westminster elections but not in Holywood or local ones.

I do support independent for a lot of reasons which would take us too far off topic to cover.

My point stands however that if you consider others views to stupid or ill informed, particularly when it's a widely held view, then it's more likely it's your (not specifically you) own lack of knowledge or inability to consider other opinions.

I might think Trump is worst president in decades, doesn't mean I think all his supporters are stupid. It just means they have different priorities.

Look at number of 'evil leftists' type comments on site for example. No attempt to understand, just demonizing people with a different view.
That isn't assigning blame to the right, it's just that the majority of this site right wing so it is more common to see.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Read the whole sentence. You bashed on supporters as well. Ergo the absurdity of you calling out someone for what you were famous for.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I wouldn't say i consider them stupid, just not as well researched or thought out as they should be. I suppose it's subjective. For example i think Justin Beiber is utter trash and would rather listen to some Zeppelin in my spare time. Does it mean i'm wrong to say Zeppelin are a better band than Beiber simply because he sells more records?

These issues are multi-faceted and reducing them to what is essentially popularity contests skewed by biased media doesn't help our political process.

I'm sorry but in the modern world you are absolutely chastised for being anything other than ultra left. To suggest the left is somehow oppressed is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Ta LKH wull check it out after 1 chaos at work th next hour

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I wouldn't say i consider them stupid, just not as well researched or thought out as they should be. I suppose it's subjective. For example i think Justin Beiber is utter trash and would rather listen to some Zeppelin in my spare time. Does it mean i'm wrong to say Zeppelin are a better band than Beiber simply because he sells more records?

These issues are multi-faceted and reducing them to what is essentially popularity contests skewed by biased media doesn't help our political process.

I'm sorry but in the modern world you are absolutely chastised for being anything other than ultra left. To suggest the left is somehow oppressed is ridiculous.

Well maybe considering bieber fans stupid is the exception... I joke please don't stalk me beliebers!!

Elections, rightly or wrongly, have always been popularity contests. I would say electorates are now generally better educated and better informed than before.

In this particular instance you refered to brainless masses. Perhaps just a poor choice of words but you get the point I am making. Personal opinion and preference is one thing, referring those who don't share that view as stupid, uniformed etc is another.

I never claimed left is oppressed and specifically referred to this site. That said the idea that only ultra left views are acceptable is clearly not the case or is using a very strange definition of ultra left.

The current governing party in the UK is right of centre. We have had a right wing government in the US for the last 4 years. Both of which were perfectly capable of sharing their views and getting enough votes to win elections.

edit on 16-12-2020 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Yes, I voted for the conservatives for that very reason, my main consideration is always who I think is the least authoritarian and least likely to further reduce civil Liberty. I never factored covid into the equation. Had my fill of the current tyranny we live under and will abstain from supporting any major political party as things currently stand.

Irrespective of who holds office the bias of our media platforms is swinging the majority to what I would call ultra left, the BLM movement and its universal support told me all I need to know about the social engineering taking place regardless of who holds office. The technocrats have the power over the minds of the masses, a truly terrifying prospect. Unfortunately their main area of expertise is data based manipulation.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

Depends what the caving is for, to be honest. If it is a bit of caving on fishing then i am all for it as fishing is such a tiny part of the economy - so, for me, it isn't worth ruining a deal over.

If it is caving over some of the other measures, for example the EU insistence on arbitrary fines they could impose if they want to change the trade deal in future, then no i am not for caving at all. And i say that as a Remainer and Pro EU person.

I don't get why fishing is being so contentious though. Just tell the EU they can access when our fleet has access and not when we don't. Even at present, this is not implemented. For example, there are times of the year that the French fleet is not allowed to fish their own waters, so they come and fish ours. This should stop as it is nonsenical - if our fleet is denied access then theirs should be too.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So thanks for the shout out but I do not think it’s racist to be patriotic and I regard myself as a proud member of the tartan army. I might not support brexit but it don’t think it’s in anyway racist to support brexit and am I bit confused as to why you felt the need to single me out.

Regardless I don’t think he is going to cave, right now I just think neither side want to be seen to be the ones responsible for a disastrous no deal, when in reality that was always going to be the inevitable conclusion.

Personally I just hope this leads to Scottish independence.

So do I, I wish they would give us in England the vote so we could vote for your independence and you can take the poisonous little hobbit Sturgeon with you.

Mind you, not before you pay your half of our nations debt and return Trident to us.... Oh and don't even think you will be using Sterling, you can have your own currency.

Scots want independence but then wanna join the EU again??? Makes sense
Not all Scots want independence,SNP idiots want independence.
you're right about the rejoining the EU,what the hell is that about.These clowns have no idea what independence even means,same with the nationalist bit in their party name-nationalists that love flooding the country with foreigners.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: fusionfilm

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So thanks for the shout out but I do not think it’s racist to be patriotic and I regard myself as a proud member of the tartan army. I might not support brexit but it don’t think it’s in anyway racist to support brexit and am I bit confused as to why you felt the need to single me out.

Regardless I don’t think he is going to cave, right now I just think neither side want to be seen to be the ones responsible for a disastrous no deal, when in reality that was always going to be the inevitable conclusion.

Personally I just hope this leads to Scottish independence.

So do I, I wish they would give us in England the vote so we could vote for your independence and you can take the poisonous little hobbit Sturgeon with you.

Mind you, not before you pay your half of our nations debt and return Trident to us.... Oh and don't even think you will be using Sterling, you can have your own currency.

Scots want independence but then wanna join the EU again??? Makes sense
Not all Scots want independence,SNP idiots want independence.
you're right about the rejoining the EU,what the hell is that about.These clowns have no idea what independence even means,same with the nationalist bit in their party name-nationalists that love flooding the country with foreigners.

Case study...

Referring to people as idiots when you don't even know the name of the party you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You see the difference now? My criticisms are much more subtle and knowledgeable. My mindless voter observation was mutually inclusive irrespective of party affiliation.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

You see the difference now? My criticisms are much more subtle and knowledgeable. My mindless voter observation was mutually inclusive with party affiliation.

I will give you that.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
That sounds a bit terrible. If it doesn't affect you, sod it?

I'm sure the peeps in Cornwall and Devon would not agree, nor the restaurants that buy said fish.

a reply to: Flavian

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join