It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Horrible feeling Boris is going to cave in

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't really think that you would Freeborn that's the point.

I simply canny get my noggin around why people, and not just you, imagine Brexit is going to be anything other than an ordeal the likes of which we have yet to witness for quite some time to come especially under the current leadership and administration.

Who as you quite rightly point out could very well remain in power into another term given the state of the labour party in general and the fact the a significant percentage of the Turkeys in the UK vote for Tory Christmas.

I know you ken just fine that Boris is a cockwomble of the first order who does not give a rats arse as to what's best for the people unless they are cut from the same Tory jib as himself.

I suggest that this nation will take at least 2 decades to recover from any sort of no-deal Brexit scenario before we will see any sorts of benefits, if at all.

All im saying mate is this is going to be one hard slog after another and chances are the rich will get richer whilst the rest of us get shafted good and proper for the foreseeable future.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, i simply don't know what's clear any longer, but i do know something is coming in the post, and that's more austerity in spades never mind that Boris screwing with the fabric of our Human rights just about any time soon also.
edit on 19-12-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Probably won't be as rough as the collapse of the USSR though.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe not phage, but it will be rather more condensed on this tiny wee island full of 66.65 million souls.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Best of luck to you.
But I don't think luck will have much to do with it. And it's not only going to hurt Britain.

edit on 12/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Best of luck to you also phage.

As to hurt well that remains to be seen.

A load of people seems to have their feathers ruffled over something all the same.

I hope im wrong and everything goes down a treat.

Accept Tories, they just don't inspire confidence in their fellow Man, well me anyroad. LoL
edit on 19-12-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

After the trick he pulled today he can't afford to cave in to the EU , his back benchers wouldn't stand for it or vote for it.

I think the chances for a deal are over and have been since day one , no way will France agree to a deal on fisheries that effects their fishermen and control of our water and who fishes in it are key to a Sovereign Brexit , the EU want us as a Vassal State that they still have control over but has no say in its future ... they will not give us our freedom as part of a Trade Deal until we leave.

If Boris gives ground he will lose his job next year , history shows discontent Tories are dangerous.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

After the trick he pulled today he can't afford to cave in to the EU , his back benchers wouldn't stand for it or vote for it.

I think the chances for a deal are over and have been since day one , no way will France agree to a deal on fisheries that effects their fishermen and control of our water and who fishes in it are key to a Sovereign Brexit , the EU want us as a Vassal State that they still have control over but has no say in its future ... they will not give us our freedom as part of a Trade Deal until we leave.

If Boris gives ground he will lose his job next year , history shows discontent Tories are dangerous.

Praying your right. Actual sovereignty sounds far too good to be true, but im hopeful

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
British don't really eat fish. Oh yeah it occasional pop down to the chippy for a bit of haddock or cod but that's like dying out these days with all the indian and Chinese takeaways and lamb kababs etc. Brits don't generally like fish uts all basic instant meals from the supermarkets and there not much in em these days. If the frrench want a bit more fish waters then let em have it if we can get free trade with the biggest economic block of planet Earth. Brexiteers try and remove themselves from Europe but it only 20 miles away and inremoveable really

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

They can't destroy our economy for a few fishing boats can they?

The fishing question sums up Britain's situation quite nicely.

We were the only nation that allowed fishermen to sell their quotas to other countries. Everyone else thought their quotas were of national importance and should be kept in the country. The only way we'll get them back without a legal fight is to buy them back - if the foreign fishermen are willing to sell.

We mainly catch fish for export. The fish we consume is caught elsewhere, mainly in EU waters. Both could end up with a tariff on them, meaning our fishing industry will be less competitive and the fish on our plates will be more expensive.

The entire British fishing industry is worth less - and employers fewer people - than Edinburgh University or Harrods.

In short, it's a distraction with very little leverage. It sells well on the front page of the tabloids but won't wash with the serious movers and shakers.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

ufoorbhunter tell that to many a Catholic on a Friday, they love the stuff.

I'm on the other team and i love fish, plus any other sort of Seafood if I'm honest.

Fish is really good for you, it's low-fat high-quality protein, filled with omega-3, vitamins such as D and B2.

Fish is also rich in calcium and phosphorus, a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium.

We live on an island surrounded by water full of the stuff, fish will always be on our menu mate, and for many a reason.

edit on 21-12-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yeah you make some good points there Andy. I were just getting a bit side tracked and confused with the solstice coming at us or something, the brains been strange for days really, but yeah ffish is good stuff for sure. Appologies for getting very confused on the issue and also the heads up on the need to eat more of it

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I don't think i would be too fond of the stuff if i lived in Japan all the same.

Used to go on holiday to a place called Arisaig a bit further up the north.

You could just walk along the beach in the morning picking off mussels and whelks, bung the fishermen a £5 at the jetty for a few lobsters and crab, or whatever else they happened to catch.

No apologies necessary mate, it's all good.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think the chances for a deal are over and have been since day one

The way Boris and Grant Shapps laugh to the question that's asked about a deal in this video confirm there won't be a deal.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Agreed

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Are you implying im a Boris supporter with that? Because you would be wrong. I'm simply saying I hope he doesn't cave into their demands

No doubt he will now the NHS (AKA Sacred Cow that we must not ever criticise) leaders have 'DEMANDED' Brexit deadline be extended for another month... here we go yet again

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Naw it was not aimed at you pal, my bad.

If im honest i must have hit reply to you as opposed to just at the bottom.

As to the NHS, criticism or otherwise, that's our line in the snow, and all that stands between us and the reaper, should we require there services.

God bless the NHS, they do a mans job and then some.

Boris not so much.
edit on 22-12-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Naw it was not aimed at you pal, my bad.

If im honest i must have hit reply to you as opposed to just at the bottom.

As to the NHS, criticism or otherwise, that's our line in the snow, and all that stands between us and the reaper, should we require there services.

God bless the NHS, they do a mans job and then some.

Boris not so much.

Ahhh I see. Fair enough.

Meant to also say that I was perhaps a little OTT with the Scottish independence criticism earlier, forgive me if I've been offensive, I've just tested positive for COVID and feel pretty crappy so everybody is copping it at the moment. Merry Xmas ey

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that buddy, wish you a speedy recovery.

Independence, will happen or it wont, shat out of it last chance we got, so there's that.

End of the day its old London Town and Westminster we Scots canny be arsed with not much to do with the rest of the island.

Merry Christmas to you also.
edit on 22-12-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join