It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Then you are not part of the problem. There are far too many who are.

I agree a lot of people don't give a crap, and that is why we are seeing a spike in the 18 to 35. As long as they social distance from the high risk at least I don't give a crap about them too.

The 40+ constant days of protesting in Portland is not social distancing, not working to keep groups small etc. What we saw happen after memorial weekend was 10,000s with ZERO anything, and even worst were screaming at each other slinging that spit everywhere for weeks on end...geez. There is about zero social distancing or anything in our lower poverty areas too, they don't care.

You can not fix "don't care"

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The headline on that article is misleading...

...they're not saying that the actual number of cases has been "inflated", but that numbers from earlier in the current 'spike' were inadvertently attributed to later dates -

- quote below is from your link..

A charted display of both of those metrics indicates as much. Data show that the state was apparently undercounting thousands of cases between early and mid-June, after which through the end of June and into early July it began posting what were presumably the backlogged cases it had missed in the prior weeks.

I'm in Central FL, and my local newspaper reported just today that hospitals are beginning to fill more & more beds (including in ICUs), and numbers of deaths are increasing.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The 40+ constant days of protesting in Portland is not social distancing, not working to keep groups small etc.

What is your point, except for political baiting? I always said the demonstrations were risky. Do you think I would say different?

We didn't have a lot of mass protests here but you should have seen the beaches. The spike we're seeing was no surprise.

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know a single person who has had it. Not in my family or long list of acquaintences/friends.

I don't think its all a hoax, mind you. But no one I know has gotten it. It could be that my own personal experience drives my viewpoint, and I can readily admit that. its why i go ahead and mask up in public...im not an obtuse asshole (at least in this regard).

But it hink i have a good reason to question the response.

My company is about 1500 people. I know of one so far, and he and his wife had it and we isolated them for 3 weeks with testing. Both are considered higher risk though they are in their 30s. They barely had symptoms that lasted less than one week.

With that said I do believe it is bad news for many that get it...The problem I have with it all is the sheer level of information that goes beyond ten fold of what information we get on a typically flu season. The normal flu is bad news for many too, 60k die that we know of, but then we know hardly anything with the huge effort with COVID-19 since we can not even get remotely accurate data, so how accurate is a normal flu season data? lol

In the end we might we looking at something that is slightly worst than a typically flu season all said and done. Or even better for younger people than a normal flu.

edit on 11-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You can certainly help it though. Like shutting down the protests that were not permitted.

I get that folks have criticized Trumps response, but lets be honest: when you have 50 governors each pandering to their own electorate, its kind of hard for Trump to do much other than national level stuff.

at some point folks start to say, "well, if they are letting them do all that, while also violating the law and destroying public property, it obviously isn't that important."

The message is all sorts of messed up. Remember...it was supposed to be a 2-3 week lockdown. Which turned into how many months now? Nothing we have been told has made any sense, and we've been lied to repeatedly. Meanwhile...we are all threatened with $2000 fines to make up ground we lost when the government threatening to fine me (a law abiding citizen) allowed cities to be trashed without even blinking.

I get it. And honestly, if anyone wants me to actively support any of this...the message needs to be fixed. Our government needs to put public health above their own reelections. Whitmer likes to act tough, but she allowed riots to break out in her state and didn't stop them. To then talk tough...id not listen. Same in Austin. The mayor allowed all sorts of nonsense to happen. You can see all the graffiti on I-35 as you pass the LBJ library. Nah, we let that happen then levy a $2k fine on people who are sick of this crap, and sick of a government that isn't supporting their efforts thus far.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe so.
But a lot of dead is being ramped up using these numbers.
Texas is doing it too!
justthenews.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Our company has about 1700 people, the largest part of which are valet attendants. Zero cases in our company so far, which operates primarily in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston.

At least, any cases claimed have not gone through HR for the COVID relief payment thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The normal flu is bad news for many too, 60k die that we know of, but then we know hardly anything with the huge effort with COVID-19 since we can not even get remotely accurate data, so how accurate is a normal flu season data? lol

Sure, when you don't like the data you can always disregard it.

In the end we might we looking as something that is slightly worst than a typically flu season all said and done.

It's already worse. By a long shot.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What is your point, except for political baiting? I always said the demonstrations were risky. Do you think I would say different?

We didn't have a lot of mass protests here but you should have seen the beaches. The spike we're seeing was no surprise.

What do you think spikes more protesting or beaches... Not too many beaches in these big cities. My point wasn't to bait you, as the protesting isn't just one sided... I'm just saying there are a lot of people who do not give a crap. I'll add that laying on a beach keeping some distance should be very low risk. If they are all partying up at the bars having a good old time that is the same as the protests.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

People at beach parks here set up canopies and gather in multi-family groups, grilling and have a grand old time. Some clusters have been identified as originating from graduation parties and birthdays. Another from training sessions for an airline.

I'm just saying there are a lot of people who do not give a crap.
That's why we can't have good things. That's why masks are becoming mandatory where they weren't. That's why "opening up" is being slowed and reversed. Too many don't give a crap.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It's already worse. By a long shot.

My point is the data has been extremely inaccurate, so what does 60k mean in 2018? You think they counted bodies? They WAGed it from the count of about 100 hospitals, and that count didn't have political or monetary fed funds attachments.

The one thing that has opened my eyes to much of this is the pull numbers out of their ass routine that we once took for being good data.

Here is Fauci back before we even knew a pandemic was coming. His comments were around the end of Dec 2019.

Fauci says the 2019-2020 flu season is on track to be as severe as the 2017-2018 season, which was the deadliest in at least a decade.

So more than 60k.. I wonder where they went? I bet I can guess.....

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Dial it back to March 18, the day they closed the state of Texas. Had they instead went with masks, rather than what they did...not only would we likely have seen greater compliance in the long run...we'd have seen far fewer suicides and other deaths related to the COVID debacle.

Im sorry man. I cannot sit there and watch this discussion insinuate negative things about people when they were lead by a hot freaking mess that was all over the place, taking ridiculously drastic measures, and speaking from both sides of their mouth.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

never said canada didn't

be safe!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Had they instead went with masks, rather than what they did...not only would we likely have seen greater compliance in the long run...we'd have seen far fewer suicides and other deaths related to the COVID debacle.

Retrospect Hindsight is always 20:20. It's easy to make claims about things that didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If you disregard the data how can you say something like this:

In the end we might we looking as something that is slightly worst than a typically flu season all said and done.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Destal

No, it's just now...you can't shop w/out 1. That's up to the stores to enforce...wait till the work week starts...and stores just won't let us in

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

God, Phage! Exactly right! Simple. Thnx,

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Why would you think that no one would ever die of COVID?

I said the number could also be zero to prove my point of the variable. We get that magic bullet and the the death rate could be statistically insignificant no matter what Z is.
edit on 11-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

All you have to do is wear a mask.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I know what variables are. That's why I used them.

We get that magic bullet and the the death rate could be statistically insignificant.
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join