It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Quarantine is a restriction on the movement of people and goods which is intended to prevent the spread of disease or pests, nothing to do with house arrest. LoL

Ive had my TB shot as a baby and booster as a teen to help retard TB just like most other people.

I wear a mask where appropriate under the present conditions, quite simple really.

COVID 19 had indeed killed people i knew, especially in care homes, can't see why it would be any different in shelters or on the streets where people huddle together for safety and security.

There is no "if" about whether or not COVID 19 has the capacity to be "deadly" hence the number of poor sods that have become infected and succumb to the disease.
edit on 11-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
And if I don't want to wear a "mandatory" mask outside while I'm social distancing, who the hell are they to tell people what to do with their bodies? If I'm not near you, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS OR STAY INSIDE.
Stop mask tyranny NOW!!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Scapegrace

The majority of the masks you see people wearing do not stop the inhalation of the Covid-19 virus.

Only the N95 high-quality mask protects you.

But the CDC does not recommend that you wear one.

"As of now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not recommend wearing N95 respirators to protect against COVID-19."

Source: www.mdvip.com...

The purpose isn't to keep you from inhaling anything. Its to keep you from spitting and breathing out microparticulates while you talk and exist.

I didn't know that! Then people wearing non-N95 masks shouldn't be concerned if someone next to them doesn't have a mask on, since their non-N95 mask isn't protecting them against viruses anyway.

Thanks!

edit on 7/11/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Then I suppose you believe the same restrictions should have been placed on flu sufferers (since that has proven more deadly now??) Jeez, stop drinking the quarantine kool-aid.
This is clearly political or they wouldn't have allowed (and promoted) the protests. And DiBlasio is still saying "only protestors can be outside-- No other large groups."
Clearly B.S.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Destal

Sorry but dangerous pathogens from nature's petri dish have nothing whatsoever to do with politics.

Viruses have no political ideology and only understand two things propagation and survival.

If its any consolation i also think the protestors are only adding to the spread of the pathogen.
edit on 11-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Destal

What if we are protesting masks? Can we gather en masse and burn #?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The N95 mask is a 2 way filter, and isn't included in my statement. It, along with other devices designed as such, will filter both ways.

People wearing N95 masks daily are just silly and seem to enjoy their own additional suffering.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Being out on the beach is a good virus killer.
Catch those rays of burning sunlight is a virus nono.
You don't have to wear anything to be protected.
Some sun cream is better protection then a facemask.

(out in the open sun your chance of getting infected schould be about 3% as opposed to uhm... a busy chinese indoor foodmarket mid winter being 100%)
edit on 11-7-2020 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2020 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What you are defining "quarantine" as is not in line with any definition I can find. Do you ahve a source, or are you using your own personal meaning? No problem either way, but if we are to discuss this, i think we should at least agree to use common definitions of words. For your own pleasure, quarantine is defined by Merriam Webster as "impose isolation on (a person, animal, or place); put in quarantine.".

It defines "house arrest" as: the state of being kept as a prisoner in one's own house, rather than in a prison.

From the perspective of stay at home orders, which of these two words seems to fit it more closely? Imposed isolation, or house arrest? Remember...in our homes we are not isolated and we can still receive deliveries, etc. without any special dividers to pass items through.

TB innoculations are only given to young people in areas that are high prevalence in TB. Very few Americans, and I'd suspect very few westerners in general have been innoculated. If you have, great. My question still stands however.

I have no doubt that any infectious disease can be deadly. But before we kill the global economy, ruin lives, and drive up suicide rates we should at least understand the true impact. Nothing about this has been educated. All opinions and actions were based on opinions. Even now, we don't have any useful data that isn't suspect. Testing with error rates, admitted "ad hoc" measures...entire communities with a doubling of cases that have been found to be false positives (see Snyder TX for an example, or Eastland TX for another).

When a fly lands on my lap, it is absolutely pertinent to try to resolve that as a problem. But using a hammer is just stupid.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SaturnFX

5% increase in what? Deaths?

Why on earth would I worry about a 5% increase in deaths?

Let me ask you, since we are bantering about intangibles...how many have died due to the reaction to COVID? The mental health issues, the folks who delayed treatment due to lockdowns...5%? .

5% death rate of 300m people is 15m
...I think we would all notice rather quickly given yearly we lose 2.8m people.
Now thats just deaths
lets talk about survivors...sure, most will be okay, at least 75-80% from what I understand, but then 15% have massive issues after. breathing, balance, etc. thats 45m people suddenly dealing with chronic issues for what may be if nor years, life...taxing the healthcare system and hospitals

Aaaand, lets keep in mind getting it may not be immunity for life. I read there might even be a weakening of the antibodies in 2-3 months Links all over the place

A bunch of people here on ATS is saying herd immunity is key here and not to take the vaccine when it comes out. Yeah, problem is, there will be no herd immunity if immunity only lasts a season...it will be raking in endless not just deaths but crippling chronic issues. You reckon you can survive covid if you get it? sure...maybe you can. What about the second time or third time in a year? what about the following year? etc.

Just wear a mask already.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
Being out on the beach is a good virus killer.

Google and research MERS and what the conditions of the middle east are regarding sunshine.

I am not saying that the beach is a horrible place to go mind you, I would encourage it actually. keep a few feet distance from people and hell, open up bars on the beach. The issue comes with enclosed spaces.
I don't think sunlight does much to this sars-covid virus, but the breeze and such will minimize the exposure, so its a calculated risk that seems generally acceptable (unless you are at some packed concert where everyone is basically exchanging body lotion with one another, in which case...could be an issue)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I remember this episode in history. It was the time we needed to pass the patriot act, to give away RIGHTS to protect ourselves from the boogieman.. New boogeyman New patriot act.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Until something is known, rather than guessed and pushed through a politicized system, im not willing to buy it.

I wear a mask. Im a responsible businessman who avoids risk to the business I run. I just don't want to control others.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
In the next couple weeks, the spike in cases will start becoming a spike in deaths unfortunately (Covid takes a couple/few weeks to go from sick to dead).
Its gonna get ugly I imagine.

I did see some good news about that remdesivir though. Seems it cuts death rates by over half, so if you or a loved one gets the china cough, see how available that is and have it handy should things start getting bad.

Florida may already be seeing the spike in deaths. The last couple of days have been unusually high. Reporting is one day behind but Thur 120 dead Fri 93 dead. Before then the highest number was 83 dead back in April. It is normal to see small spikes Monday and Tuesday because of weekend reporting but this is the first time it has happened at the end of the week.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow, it would suck more than ever to live in america right now, you are being sacrificed to Moloch and it seems like half of you dont give a crap, and a bunch are even celebrating it?!

I feel bad for all americans, even the one that have been convinced to throw themselves and other into the fires that fuel the machine.

I'm in Canada, people here are actually discussing how to help american refugees in the future.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

This is not true at all; it can't be over until everyone gets it and builds immunity

That could take a very long time, if it happens at all.

COVID-19 antibody study in Spain warns herd immunity 'cannot be achieved' without devastating effects

www.foxnews.com...

The reason we are seeing the numbers we are is because some places "opened up" too soon, before the infection rate was at an appropriate level. Before there was any sufficient contact tracing in place. The reason we are seeing the numbers we are seeing is because too many people are being idiotic in their behavior. That's why we can't have nice things. That's why the "opening up" is being slowed or reversed. Too many people are once again getting sick, too fast.

Wear a friken mask. Stay out of crowds. It's not that hard.

Herd immunity hasn't worked for Sweden. Why would it work here?

You're right. It won't be "over", ever. COVID is not going to "disappear." But it can be controlled.

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Same thing here in Hillsborough county. Even with the county-wide mask order, most of the younger people still aren't wearing one. It's a damn shame. If everyone would just suck it up and wear a mask for a few weeks this thing could be over.

BULL#.

Wearing a mask only weakens your own immune system.

You wanna walk around outside in fear, be my guest. Just don't try to force me to indulge you in your delusions.

##YourNewNormal

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I'd say save your concern for Americans and take care of your First Nation peoples. Canada has its own dirty laundry...wash it before offering to wash ours.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

dissipate

Nice word for 120,000 dead, does it hurt having no soul?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It takes a real special kind of, um...something to call people idiots when they are having breakdowns over their lives being ruined. To ridicule people who's mental health deteriorated to a point that they found themselves desperate.

You know what the difference between the rest of the world and the US is? They paid their people to stay home and offered a safety net for folks. We didn't get that in America. I had to accept a return from furlough for $18k less per year because declining would have meant I lost all unemployment. So i just bent over and said thank you.

I'd never pass judgement on someone facing complete ruin of a personal business fighting to save what they spent their life building.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join