It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

This might be the best post in this thread. If no one else noticed...please read.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Its 105 here today. 111 on Tuesday. Never below 80% humidity.

There is a sense of existential dread with every scrap of fabric we have to put on our body anywhere.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Cases may have dropped in the north east but it will be back. The only reason cases went down in the north east is because everyone was told to stay home. They started lifting restrictions in my state and cases have increased six fold over the past four weeks. I'm prepping for the resurgence. Got a deep freezer and have been stock piling food in case I need to stay home for a couple of months.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Cookie please?

Out of here for the day

Everyone here please stay safe

Wear your damn masks

:-)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Went out to my freezer and garage fridge yesterday to get some stuff out....while they are keeping stuff frozen and cold still, on the outside they are so hot to the touch im now concerned for them.

100+ heat is making my food storage difficult at this time.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Blessings to you as you try to regain your strength.

You and countless millions of others suffer and the masks are a hindrance to good breathing.
Yet many judge without knowing the situation of that person.
Sad.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

originally posted by: Annee
or accurate science data?

Have you seen any of that? I haven't.

I’d say Yes.

But, science evolves as more becomes known.

Science is known knowledge.

Knit picking one point that you choose to agree (and promote) — while ignoring updates is disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Correct, science is known knowledge.

Yet scientists are making suggestions, which then turn into political demands and threats of fines/jail, that are based on things which are not known.

Rewind to March 18, 2020. The day the State of Texas shut down...its about the time all other states did the same. Had we instead just went with masks, you know...a reasonable response to the unknown, we could have saved countless lives and livelyhoods that were destroyed. Instead...you know what Fauci and the CDC said? Ya'll don't need masks, it won't help...so don't worry about it. Then they stuck in a knife in the heart of human civilization.

Now look at us today. They took the most drastic action ever, and int he process destroyed any chance of compliance with masks. Among a population that already distrusts authority, authority needs to make sure they do their jobs and get it right. As we see today...trying to call a mulligan after you've already completely blown it worse than anyone could even imagine is just going to be a disaster.

I refuse to blame my neighbors for not wearing a mask. They are taking leadership that has made a dumpster fire look good by comparison. And i can't even lay the blame at Trumps feet for this...even if he did exactly as the CDC recommends every step of the way, he would have looked just as schizophrenic and scattered as they did.
edit on 7/12/2020 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You know I always respect you, even though we rarely agree. Cultural differences mostly, I’d say. I’m born and raised on the Southern California Los Angeles beaches.

I’m now in Yuma BTW — the now “famous” zip code 85364.

Compliance is sometimes the mature & right thing to do — for the benefit of all. It’s a friggin, temporary mask. No one is taking away your rights.

A couple days ago a guy pulled a gun on a yogurt shop because they wouldn’t serve him without a mask.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yeah, peoples mental health is in terrible shape right now. Im not shocked by any of the outrageous stuff I see anymore.

I think we agree on more than you have acknowledged here...but that respect is absolutely mutual.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, peoples mental health is in terrible shape right now. Im not shocked by any of the outrageous stuff I see anymore.

I think we agree on more than you have acknowledged here...but that respect is absolutely mutual.

Thanks. I know we’re both realists.

BTW — I did not address your previous post point for point — because we both expressed our views. There’s no reason to argue them.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
With mask mandates in place. How far are you willing to go along with other mandates? For example a eye protection mandate. I can see Fauchi or Brix on TV saying "you are doing a good job with the social distancing, and face coverings, but numbers are still rising, time to protect eyes as well to get numbers down, then next step vaccine mandate.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I truly think part of that was the forced isolation, on top of the new lack of human faces...much easier to target faceless people.

I agree it would have been so much better to have people mask and distance at the beginning, but it would have been hard to create enough fear that way...IMHO.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Jez oh, if those types of temps and humidity were to happen in the U.K thousands of pensioners would be lucky to make it through the day, COVID or no COVID.

Masks must be quite the pressure under such circumstances, but to be honest the only place i would want to be in that heat is in the back garden with a cold bottle of beer in tow which should not require a mask.

Respect coz admittedly wearing a mask in such heat could indeed be hazardous to one's health i suppose.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I guess you forgot the part where labs were only releasing positives so their testing rate was at 100% test to positive results.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum
Source? Can you show any source with 100% positivity?

The data seems to be in conflict with your claim.
Total Tests: 2,576,813
Positive: 269,811
Negative: 2,304,196
Overall Percentage of Positive Cases: 10.5%

www.wpbf.com...#

edit on 7/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

How many homeless have died from COVID? Its not like this is a group that isn't high risk, predisposed, and lacking healthcare. Why aren't they dying in droves? Do they just have more common sense?

The homeless in most places are relatively untouched. I was quite surprised that literally nothing happened to them, here. I think it boils down to these people are living amongst themselves, they don't travel..that simple.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I don't think homeless status is reported in the statistics on COVID deaths as such.
But there's no reason to think they aren't part of the numbers.

The spread of COVID-19 is particularly detrimental for people without homes because they often lack access to basic sanitation, health care and the ability to isolate and quarantine if they do get sick. In response, cities with large populations of people experiencing homelessness, including New York City, Los Angeles, New Orleans and San Francisco, have begun using vacant hotel rooms to provide care to some of the city's most vulnerable.

source

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That might be down to the fact that most people simply ignore or avoid the poor souls.

Nobody pays attention to the deaths where homelessness is concerned.

I would be surprised if most places even collect or report such statistics if I'm honest.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I would be surprised if most places even collect or report such statistics if I'm honest.

I've found a few.

Of the county's total coronavirus deaths, 212 were residents of skilled nursing facilities, 15 were residents of assisted-living facilities, and two were homeless.

news.yahoo.com...

Doesn't seem to be routine though.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join