It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Another factor is the protesting.
Yes. Risky behaviour.

I'd say that right now, the biggest issue with any compliance is that our government picks and chooses who gets to exercise rights and who doesn't.
I agree. No one has a right to put others at risk.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xtrozero

Unless a 100% cure is found (it won't be), more people will die. As I said.

Z cases = X*hospitalizations = Y*deaths.

X will never be 0, nor will Y. Unless Z=0 more people will die. Fact.

The curve was flattened quite well. It no longer is in many places. Deaths are terrible but the main problem is hospitalizations. This has not changed.

When you say more are you talking only the total count of deaths will increase, or more as in per day/week based on the increase of infections compared to past day/week totals?

The X in your formula is a coefficient and not a constant, so Z could greatly increase with X increasing too while Y can at the same time decrease compared to past data and can even represent 0.

edit on 11-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

No, total all cause deaths in the US. 120k out of 2.8 million deaths overall.
What is your source?

Then magically all cases of flu and rsv have virtually disappeared in my state back in March. Nope, no flu, or rsv in Florida this year causing deaths. Only covid. How convenient.

The CDC provides that data, actually. Though they admit the more recent data isn't up to date.
For the US on the whole:

Out of 1,345,941 deaths from all causes (105% of "expected deaths)
119,318 involved COVID.
6,509 involved Influenza.

www.cdc.gov...

There is a state by state breakdown

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And too bad we cannot trust the government to do the right thing for us.
When they put sick patients in with the elderly.
When they pick and choose which groups are safe to assemble, and which are not.
When they say paint, gardening tools, certain kinds of sand and motor boats are not safe.
Do I need to go on?

Then there is this confusing gem, to get back on topic totally.........I'm still not sure what their aim was, but
Data suggest Florida's record-breaking coronavirus days may have been inflated by as much as 30%

Two of those data options are "case date" and "event date." The state in a Department of Health document defines the case date as the "date used to create bar chart in the Dashboard," while the "event date" is defined as the "date symptoms started, or if that date is unknown, date lab results were reported to the DOH."

That subtle distinction means that many cases posted to the dashboard may not meaningfully align with the date on which they were posted. Users may thus be misled into believing that case dates on the chart represent timely data, recent cases from which current trends may be reliably derived. However, charted case dates may in fact represent "events" — positive tests or illness-onset dates — that came weeks or even months before.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What is your source?

The CDC provides that data, actually. Though it's not very up to date.

For the US on the whole:

Out of 1,345,941 deaths from all causes (105% of "expected deaths)
119,318 involved COVID.
6,509 involved Influenza.

The extra 1.4 million are the walking woke zombies... I couldn't resist that one...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
When they say paint, gardening tools, certain kinds of sand and motor boats are not safe.
Do I need to go on?

Don't forget seeds, can't buy seeds in the spring...too damn dangerous.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

When you say more are you talking only the total count of deaths will increase,
Yes.

The X in your formula is a coefficient and not a constant, so Z could greatly increase with X increasing too while Y can at the same time decrease compared to past data and can even represent 0.
Yes. They are all variables. In Texas X seems to be running at around 0.15, last time I checked.

Why would you think that no one would ever die of COVID?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

2017 survey, and projections from the NCHS.

And that is lower than normal for influenza deaths, and also lower resp deaths are down, leading me to believe they are being under reported while covid is being over reported.

There's still too much bad data out there for me at the time to make a real conclusion one way or the other on anything covid related.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It takes a real special kind of, um...something to call people idiots when they are having breakdowns over their lives being ruined.

Lives being ruined during a natural disaster - in a country that refuses to listen to facts or do even the simplest of things to protect themselves and their neighbors

It was always going to be a disaster. It's a pandemic

People who think the whole thing is made up?

Idiots

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Yeah well,
If you don't like the data you always have the option of disregarding it.

It is in a state of flux. More positive cases, more hospitalizations, more deaths. That's all we have to go on.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I live in an area that requires masks.

Almost everyone wears masks in public settings. Many businesses have signs that say you have to wear a mask to come inside.

Also no big deal.

I am in the age demographic that does not do well with covid, so I appreciate all the people who willingly comply with the mask rules.

BTW, I'm not afraid, I'm not cowering but I do exercise reasonable caution. I would prefer not to challenge my immune system with covid

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: mysterioustranger
That is only partially true.

Masks are not mandated outdoors unless you cannot keep a distance from those outside your household.

Correct! I'm waiting for fights come Monday. Stores, gas stations, everyplace

Folks might consider ok, so you're right. You got a right.

But, where you gonna shop, gas up, buy things, patronize ...when they won't be letting us in?

Someone's gonna go off ...take care DTOM

edit on 11-7-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

That subtle distinction means that many cases posted to the dashboard may not meaningfully align with the date on which they were posted.

It happens with all databases.
That's why it's better to look at a running average. Which is what most sources provide.

link   
"...went to take my dog to the beach today. I wore a mask as did my spouse. The beach is near a local university. We went in the late afternoon. What I saw disturbed me. Walking from parking to the beach, most people I encountered seemed to be twenty somethings. I would say about 1 in ten was wearing a mask.

Maybe because:

"Outside exercise lowers the chance of spreading the virus by a magnitude of 10 compared with the same level of exertion indoors, said Dr. Gary Green, medical director of infection control at Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital."
Link

Here in Germany you only have to wear a mask while you are indoors somewhere, for example a supermarket or whatever store. Because the risk of infection outsides is almost zero, as we are told here. Then we have Switzerland, they never had to wear masks till this week(because of a pro-mask "corona taskforce" and only in the public transportion). Their numbers of infections went downhill without wearing any masks. In Germany the numbers started to decline before there was any obligation to wear masks anywhere. At that time our "Minister of Health"(qualified bankster and career politician), "Mutti" (better granny) Merkel and many others told us that wearing masks doesn`t help and is even dangerous(virus spreaders because of wrong use and wrong masks). They told us this because they knew we didn´t have enough masks in Germany at that time. And because these politicians were warned about a pandemic like the corona pandemic in 2012 and did nothing to be prepared.

But the question is, did they lie back in February, March? Or are they lying now about masks? My feeling is that these masks are a placebo. So people are not afraid anymore to go outside and consume and work. It´s a tool to fool the people. so the people don´t ask if the whole lockdown story was necessary at all. Because the people now think and believe that the masks made the numbers of infections decline. But that is wrong and everybody who wants can look at the numbers and how they started to fall without anybody wearing a mask in Germany. Next thing is, two thirds of the people don´t wear the right masks the right way, so they are useless anyway. Hanging under the nose or even under the chin. But the numbers are declining. As in all those european countries where people didn´t have to wear masks till today at all. Numbers are declining everywhere in Europe(summer, almost everywhere same weather). Numbers in the Netherlands are falling, nobody has to use masks there, how can that be?

How can it be that the supermarket and discounter staff in Germany didn`t get infected in all the weeks and months while nobody had to wear a mask but people ran into the stores to hoard toilet paper and other stupid stuff like never before? How can it be that around 40 millions of employees and workers didn´t get infected while working like before and without wearing masks over weeks and months? Only a few can or could do home office, home office doesn´t build houses, doesn´t collect your weekly garbage etc. Somehow almost nobody got infected. Most of the infected have recovered or never got ill. We have now around 9000 known infected in Germany. many of them are working slaves from eastern europe which have to live with 10 people in a 30qm appartment(and pay more than 200 or 300 rent for that #hole)for the season, the companies using these poor people are slave drivers which don´t care for anything than profit. These are so called superspreader events. But i mean, how high is the risk of infection to 83 million of people if 9000 are infected and in isolation? The chance to win in the lottery is higher.

They told us that two weeks after easter holidays, when people visited each other at home, the "second wave" will start. We are still waiting, numbers are shrinking. Then they told us two weeks after this and that happens, we are all doomed. We are still waiting. They told us that we are only two weeks behind Italy. For months. We never had a Bergamo in Germany, till today. Not one of our hopsitals was ever even near a collapse. Restrictions were to "flatten the curve" We flattened the curve, restrictions stayed.

Fact is, if you live in a country with a bad health care and social system, the impact of a pandemic is worse. Italy for example, had the almost same good health care system like Germany till the EU forced them to save money. Look at the USA, one of the worst or the worst health care system (health care only for the rich) in the western world. Look at the impact in the USA. Look at Brazil.And then look again at many, many middle or western european states like Danmark, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium etc, etc. Even Sweden with their own way of dealing with the corona hype is dealing with it way better than the USA or Brazil, for example.

And as it looks now the lockdown was never really necessary and did more harm than a virus ever could, the worst is yet to come. Millions of unemployed people because of switching to industry4.0 (thats what 5G is needed for), the new industrial revolution as it is called meanwhile without hiding it anymore. Excused with corona. The bankster- and economical crash that was waiting to happen long before corona (because nothing changed since 2008 but got worse) and will be excused with corona for sure. They will push and are pushing their green new deal, everything is excused with and hidden behind corona now. Cash money is evil now. Meat is evil now. Everything that is evil will become more expensive in the near future. New taxes will hit us. More observation of the people, growing police states. "For sure" only because of our health and to save the planet this time, after terrorism got old.

Sorry for that long wall or words. Back to the masks and the younger people you witnessed without wearing a mask outsides. Maybe they just knew that wearing a mask outsides, to be protected from the corona virus, is even more silly than to wear a bandana (or similiar and never washed "community mask") in a supermarket to be allowed to enter it and buy food. I leave two links, one of them is even from the state owned german Robert Koch Institute and the other is from another german office, the one for pharmaceuticals. 1 and 2, please use a translator and read what they say about amsks. It looks that the worlds experts for viruses, epidemics, pandemics etc are divided right in the middle. 50% say masks help, 50% say they don´t.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
the world is shaking their heads in disbelief at the USA!... so sad that such a great country is falling off the world stage.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

But, where you gonna shop, gas up, buy things, patronize ...when they won't be letting us in?

Wear a friken mask.

No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Doing both is better than either alone.

Depends...at some point it just becomes virtual signalling, or do you disagree. I want to see a picture of you in your french speedos on the beach with no one within 100 yards of you wearing a mask... as example...lol

Going maskless outdoors is not as risky as indoors, but you don't have to be talking to someone at a distance of less than 6 feet for there to be a risk.

So you are outdoors 6+ feet from someone just breathing how big of a risk is that? How about 20 feet? I'm thinking it is extremely small. New data is suggesting it will live outdoors less than 2 mins compared to old data of 3 hours. With all flues the greatest risk is touching and close proximity talking.

The bottom line is IF people practice social distancing and wearing of masks when it is most logical it will lower transmission rates and that is all that we want in the end.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Here you go.

en.wikipedia.org...

Quarantine: A state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed.

Like i said nothing to do with house arrest.

Just wear a mask bigfatfurrytexan and never mind with the verbal mince, its not hard, they are not expensive, quite simple really.

Or don't it completely up to you.
edit on 11-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I believe you have missed the point.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Depends...at some point it just becomes virtual signalling, or do you disagree.
Yes. I disagree.

So you are outdoors 6+ feet from someone just breathing how big of a risk is that?
Significantly less than indoors. If they cough as you walk past them the risk is not insignificant. But they never do that.

The bottom line is IF people practice social distancing and wearing of masks when it is most logical it will lower transmission rates and that is all that we want in the end.
Some people have a different concept of logical. Some say it is not logical ever. That's why we can't have nice things.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join