It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 303
<< 300  301  302    304  305  306 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Tukota
My husband and i were just talking about this. With some rice, instant potatoes, canned veggies and fruit, soup, frozen veggies and a some frozen meat you can eat well for several weeks.

Well, frozen meat has to stay frozen, so...

You might also consider some good canned stuff - I'm stocking up on canned wild caught sardines and salmon.

If you have a freezer full of meat and the power goes out, you can always slice it thin and dry it... biltong, jerky, pemmican... etc. Pack it in plastic bins and it will keep well that way.

Or you can home can it. I home can a lot of stuff using a pressure cooker and I've had stuff last 10 years canned up like that. That's what I plan to do if there's ever a tornado that comes through and knocks out the power for a couple weeks (that happens) or some other type of natural or man-made disaster. (Nudge nudge, wink wink.)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well I assume that means trade and tourism. I suppose at actual border entry crossing they can do it. It would be hard and devastating to their economy.

I dunno, to tired to do research on it tonight on the how.

Let’s hope it does not come to that.
edit on 25-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

link   
Anyone here have military in Japan or South Korea. Would like to hear what's going those bases. The base in Iwakuni is really not too far from me, but silence as of this morning. Kind of strange actually.

link   
Speaking of pet food. I recall hearing a prepper a while back say that if the SHTF and you did not have food, skip the supermarket as they would be swamped or out. Go directly to the pet store and take all the canned dog food you could get. He said it is as good as most of the canned prepared meals you can buy.

Never tried any, but the stuff we get for the dogs does look and smell pretty darn good. LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Anyone here have military in Japan or South Korea. Would like to hear what's going those bases. The base in Iwakuni is really not too far from me, but silence as of this morning. Kind of strange actually.

I heard or read somewhere (likely here) that the US military bases in South Korea were preparing to go on lockdown. They may be thinking hard about that in Japan too.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

in line at local Walmart Neighborhood grocery... 12:00 all items in cart
the 2 people with huge, over loaded large grocery carts (both had $150 grocery lists) which were in line ahead of me

it took the single checkout cashier the full 33 minutes to process the three of us...

Prepping, & doing a months' supply of daily-used products was the planned shopping spree intention...

Good for them... the ordinary people are taking heed to prepare for a self imposed quarantine.... these 30ish to 40ish women seemed too dressy for a Walmart,,,, they looked more like Publix & Tarjet' types to me

So, i'm comfortable seeing the front line of preppers in action, thus knowing i'm not being overboard in Conspiracy Theory with this WuFlu Crisis/COVID19 fatality virus

cache' -> 6 masks. 20 prs gloves/10 are latex/respirator and full body suit/bag & fingers crossed mostly...
stored H20 & 8 rain-barrels for sewer waste flushing

the Quarantine Signs cost too much to buy & ship

I stopped off a Sam's Club just a couple hours ago and saw people stocking up and people what looked to be normal shopping. I saw one of the big dock carts, not the regular shopping carts, that someone was filling up and they had like 4 50 lb. bags of sugar and lots of stuff like that. I saw another guy wiping down his shopping cart handle before he touched it. Didn't see anyone wearing a mask, though. Seems like people might be slowly waking up.
edit on 25-2-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: I mean to say sugar instead of flour. Fixed it.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

edit on 25-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sorry to inject humor, but do you like my new mask?! For real though. This forum has nothing on *other* forums taking this really seriously. Some people are "bugging out" because of supposed Intel they are hearing. Couple that with the stock market and it seems a lot of people are thinking this could be the biggest SHTF scenario since the Spanish Flu, or worse.

It takes me back to those accusing everyone on here of "freaking out". I just don't see that here. At all.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Number of people tested for coronavirus in South Korea: 44,981

Number of people tested for coronavirus in US: 426

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 25-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Found this on Twitter.

Secret Texts By Nancy Messonier??

Cant attach pictures for some reason but someone on Twitter believes Nancy Messonier of the CDC sent these texts 2 weeks ago saying

"....It's worse than whats being said on social media and nationwide news. We're trying to prevent panic as that will only make things worse. Please keep that between us. There have already been over 1000 cases in the US. Although on the news....."

Maybe check the Twitter link and see the supposed text for yourselves to get true context. Quite sad but not unexpected if true. I thought she was actually giving good information to the public as opposed to those at WHO. But like with everything else, who knows what is fact from fiction these days.

ETA: Perhaps she was giving as much information as she was technically allowed to in the briefings /statements she made. Some of her words hint at getting us prepared. Obviously not 2 weeks ago if these texts are true but something in my gut telling me she is warning us now. Without coming out and ACTUALLY warning us. IYGWIM

edit on 25-2-2020 by iloveit because: Edited To Add

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Spanish wasn't what I'd call a SHTF. It came close, but society did hold together. This has the potential to be that bad, but I'm not sure it will be.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
Not sure if posted. Hard to keep up with all the posts.

AGE DEATH RATE*
80+ years old - 14.8%
70-79 years old - 8.0%
60-69 years old - 3.6%
50-59 years old - 1.3%
40-49 years old - 0.4%
30-39 years old - 0.2%
20-29 years old - 0.2%
10-19 years old - 0.2%
0-9 years old - no fatalities

Worldometers

Well, if I am going to catch this bug, I sure do hope I get it before late July when I turn 70 years old!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Spanish wasn't what I'd call a SHTF. It came close, but society did hold together. This has the potential to be that bad, but I'm not sure it will be.

I think because the population is much higher and now days everyone is very heavily reliant on electronics and digital media, not to mention a global economy that has never before really existed etc.. It's not just "the plague" people are concerned with.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Pure third hand info, guy at my base just go back from Korea said the last word he got from buddies were lockdown near the epicenter in south Korea, and prepping to lock down on the rest.

Imagine Japan won't be far behind.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: butcherguy

Why would the power go out?

Has your power ever went out?
If so, for the same reason(s).
Downed trees, car accidents taking out a pole, squirrel shorting out transmission lines... etc.
Now, add to that the fact that if everyone is sick, there will be a definite shortage of workers to repair downed lines and blown transformers.... not to mention manning the control rooms at power generating stations.

They still had power in Wuhan even during the worst outbreaks. Why should it be any different over here where the situation won't get out of hand like Wuhan?

Let’s talk about my original post that drew Silly to respond . I said that if your power goes out, you can thinly slice and dry meats to preserve them, vs letting them rot.
Silly asked why the power would go out.
I answered her.
Power failures occur, even when everyone is healthy.
If there is a communicable disease going around, it can affect the work force and their ability to respond.
I never said that everyone will lose power.
But if you do, because of reasons that I mentioned that have nothing to do with a virus, it may take a long time for it to be restored.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
HOLY HELL, I MAY HAVE HIT SOMETHING YESTERDAY!
From this thread, last night...

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: musicismagic

That's swell... South Korea is the second largest deployment of US military personnel outside of the US. Japan is the largest concentration. Italy is #4. If this hits Germany next, number 2 largest US troop deployment, I may have to raise an eyebrow. o-0

A bit later, same page of this thread...

originally posted by: TheIrvy2

a reply to: musicismagic

That's swell... South Korea is the second largest deployment of US military personnel outside of the US. Japan is the largest concentration. Italy is #4. If this hits Germany next, number 2 largest US troop deployment, I may have to raise an eyebrow. o-0

Those are some very interesting rankings.

200,000 US troops deployed to 177 countries...
www.visualcapitalist.com...
Japan, Germany, South Korea, and Italy account for almost 110,000 of those troop deployments.

Look at what I just found:
US Military Braces for Base Lockdown IN GERMANY Over Coronavirus

The U.S. military is bracing for coronavirus cases to rise in Germany, potentially putting thousands of troops on lockdown or restricted movement, according to the head of U.S. European Command.

"We're anticipating an increase in the number of cases reported in Germany," Air Force Gen. Tod Wolters said in response to questions from Arkansas Republican Sen. Tom Cotton during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Tuesday.

I realize this all started in China, but it's now directly hitting the top locations of US military deployments on foreign soil. Curiously, little activity stateside, however. Is this related or am I considering a false causation here? I dunno... it's certainly something worthy of a little bit of eyebrow raising, which I said I'd do if Germany suddenly saw a numbers pop.
o-0

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Also in 1918 people were not self righteous a-holes that thought the world owed them something and revolved around them. I mean I can't really imagine how my children would act with out the internet or tv. Lol just kidding a little. They actually get grounded from it often.

Now we have every walk of life, every faction, every group, cult, or special interest screaming from the mountain top/social media video about how they are treated unjust.

I believe it has the possibility to be a disaster of epic proportions. I really hope not. I hope the stock market rebounds and it does not get that far.

Only time will tell.

link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: St Udio

in line at local Walmart Neighborhood grocery... 12:00 all items in cart
the 2 people with huge, over loaded large grocery carts (both had $150 grocery lists) which were in line ahead of me

it took the single checkout cashier the full 33 minutes to process the three of us...

Prepping, & doing a months' supply of daily-used products was the planned shopping spree intention...

Good for them... the ordinary people are taking heed to prepare for a self imposed quarantine.... these 30ish to 40ish women seemed too dressy for a Walmart,,,, they looked more like Publix & Tarjet' types to me

So, i'm comfortable seeing the front line of preppers in action, thus knowing i'm not being overboard in Conspiracy Theory with this WuFlu Crisis/COVID19 fatality virus

cache' -> 6 masks. 20 prs gloves/10 are latex/respirator and full body suit/bag & fingers crossed mostly...
stored H20 & 8 rain-barrels for sewer waste flushing

the Quarantine Signs cost too much to buy & ship

I stopped off a Sam's Club just a couple hours ago and saw people stocking up and people what looked to be normal shopping. I saw one of the big dock carts, not the regular shopping carts, that someone was filling up and they had like 4 50 lb. bags of sugar and lots of stuff like that. I saw another guy wiping down his shopping cart handle before he touched it. Didn't see anyone wearing a mask, though. Seems like people might be slowly waking up.

That's a normal Costco trip here in Anchorage. I wouldn't be quick to credit Americans waking from their brain fog just yet.

link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Speaking of pet food. I recall hearing a prepper a while back say that if the SHTF and you did not have food, skip the supermarket as they would be swamped or out. Go directly to the pet store and take all the canned dog food you could get. He said it is as good as most of the canned prepared meals you can buy.

Never tried any, but the stuff we get for the dogs does look and smell pretty darn good. LOL

Well, humans are the ones that test dog food. So that's that.

new topics

top topics

<< 300  301  302    304  305  306 >>

join