It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 306
<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I'm worried less about it and more about what might happen as a result of a mass wave of infections from it. Social disruptions, supply chain disruptions, etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Am I the only one that really isn’t worried about coronavirus ?

from what i've seen and heard i'd say you're in the majority.

i myself am rather concerned.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Nah, I am sure there were a lot of people in Italy that were not worried either. Now certain parts are on lock down. There were probably people in Wuhan that were not worried before it all went down over there.

I wonder if they are worried now?

It is ok not to be worried.

It is also ok to ask the government for help when the time comes because you didn't worry.

Not trying to be a complete a$$. I am just trying to convey my message in a way that hopefully hits home a little bit. But we all know that there is a reason why people are not worried, whatever the reason, I hope you are right and all of us, including the governments, CDC, WHO, and various other installations that are worrying a bit are over reacting.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm worried less about it and more about what might happen as a result of a mass wave of infections from it. Social disruptions, supply chain disruptions, etc.

Agreed.. Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I am not worried about the virus, per se, I am concerned about the effects, shortages supply lines shrinking gas shortages etc. economic effects. When I see the cdc use words like prepare for the expectation, as appose to get prepared. The CDC is careful with what they are saying...

I think they are freaking out...

It looks like it’s going to disrupt our lives, and people do not like disruptions, that would be my warning.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My favorite George Carlin line is: "The problem with the world today is that there are too many stupid people, and nothing left to eat them." Maybe George forgot about pandemics.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

No it seems most of the gov hasnt been for months, including the CDC and HHS

Which is why the populace should now be concerned

Theres a large difference between being worried and being prepared, and it seems that the US thinks it is immune to anything happening that might adversely disrupt our zombielike false sense of security.

My family and I have been following this whole thing for months, we werent and arent worried because we are prepared.

However those that arent, should PROBABLY be worried, because they have no recourse if things get bad.

I grew up im the 50s and 60s, that doesnt seem like very long ago, but back then we were prepared for emergencies.

Now days western civilization and new generations have been lulled into a sense of false security, because they think "the gov will always fix it" and "were a first world country what happens in the rest of the world wont touch us"

Weve also allowed over the last 20 years for society to tell us that if you "prepare" for emergencies your a headcase.

Im sure Darwin would be supremely amused.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Nah, I am sure there were a lot of people in Italy that were not worried either. Now certain parts are on lock down. There were probably people in Wuhan that were not worried before it all went down over there.

Especially the pro CCP supporters, they assumed the gov would protect them. (much like a lot of people here in the US, as a side note look to Communist china to see how that sort of gov will protect you)

Sorry, the gov cares about itself, its GDP, and its image, you sir and mam are just a worker, youre replaceable.

And those that were whistle blowing are being disappeared and ending up dead, as proof to that.
edit on 25-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Hey SJ a pirates life indeed we got to be sometimes, but your are correct in fact that most that live in the cities, survival of an emergency is a thoughtful waste of the mind. It's nice to see we are on the same page and same age bracket. I just can't imagine those under 17 how they would panic if no milk was in the fridge, since they actually think is produced in a store.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

I am not worried about the virus, per se, I am concerned about the effects, shortages supply lines shrinking gas shortages etc. economic effects. When I see the cdc use words like prepare for the expectation, as appose to get prepared. The CDC is careful with what they are saying...

I think they are freaking out...

It looks like it’s going to disrupt our lives, and people do not like disruptions, that would be my warning.

It's a stupid statement.

It's another reason people don't ever trust the "officials". It's like saying "get prepared to hear us tell you to prepare!" They really must think we are retarded. Preparing to prepare. Stop preparing, just go!

We live in a world of Spaceballs.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
At the end of the day I still can have a third feeling that USA, Canada, and even the rest of Europe will not gonna get it more than it is now... Asia not worsening and even SK would start to normalize and reduce numbers in a couple of days.. Italy made a huge mistake which are now paying very high... About Iran... Are those guys thinking that we are living in which century!? Jesus Christ, just surfing a thing called Flight Radar 24 and after almost than an entire month of all flights banned into and from China and We could still seem lots of flights operated by Iranian airline Mahan Air most of them in big fully crowded wide bodies on an almost daily basis... Once I also caught one of those on my frequency overflying China... What did they expect? Miracles no...

Peace to all friends out there in States, Europe, asia, elsewhere

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Especially the pro CCP supporters, they assumed the gov would protect them. (much like a lot of people here in the US, as a side note look to Communist china to see how that sort of gov will protect you) 

Not only that, but when I told my brother to watch out the first thing that he said was, "how many deaths are here in the states". This sentiment is still echoed here in this thread.

It seems that people are fixated on the death count and not even thinking about all of the other problems that will be involved with such a situation.

I see people here in this thread that have turned a complete 180 and now are concerned. But for the most part people I talk to or ask about seem to think this is a media hyped up ituation or a political angle by one fee action or another.

Either way, it is scary times.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Sorry to pop your bubble but things are not getting better in China dont check their number check the reaction here another hubei from 2 days ago....

Harbin, a city of about 10 million (according to last census) in northern China has been put under partial lockdown over Coronavirus fears. Harbin is very close to Russia and North Korea.
twitter.com...
edit on 25-2-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Soooo if infected cases are going down why are they still welding people inside their homes?

Epoch Times Twitter

That video was uploaded to WeChat this morning, so it is relatively recent.

And talking to some friends, companies are cutting salaries by 50% all over China which is illegal under labor law. Don’t know how that will pan out but lots of people super angry about it. It’s a labor law contract thing, don’t wanna go off topic too much.
edit on 25-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonMCG
If one were to start stocking up, how much—and for how long—should one plan for? Asking for a friend.

Actually that is a very difficult question to answer because it depends on "location". But if you are in a "bedroom community type", and if things take off like in Italy, which we have more true access in. Well, I'll have to say 3 months, and of what, well that depends on your family situation. But for us, it would be canned fish, rice, flour to make bread, butter, yeast, water, snacks (a good months worth by the way) , batteries, candles, sorry this may sound weird, but trash bags also.
Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Their scared, to tell the public to get prepared, they will panic, bad for economy run on banks etc. but ya when they use terminology, like that they are carefully trying to sound like they are doing there job, yet at the same time they are not, but I see the double edge sword they are facing ⚔️. I am interested in seeing how buisnesses deal with this, how are people going to act going to work, with reported cases locally? CONCIDERING most of our gdp is in services...

Yep I am looking that far ahead now, I have started to contemplate those positions I may find myself in.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Per wife... make that total lockdown as of this post, happened sometime on 25th US time.

Guangzhou on total lockdown still, no public places open. People refusing to go to work even if companies reopen. My old company just slashed salaries by 50% and can’t reopen branches so have no cash coming in since Jan 20.

Shenzhen trying to reopen some places but many refuse to go to work. WeChat and Tencent has everyone working from home until March 10th.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Here's The 425 Billion Reason Why WHO Refuses To Call The Covid-19 Outbreak A "Pandemic"

There are two tranches of Pandemic Emergency Financing Facility (PEF) bonds outstanding, expected to mature in July, and this means investors of the bonds will collect massive profits if the bonds aren't triggered or will lose everything if the Covid-19 outbreak continues to escalate.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 80,995 confirmed cases worldwide, including 2,763 fatalities.

new topics

top topics

<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join