It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 305
<< 302  303  304    306  307  308 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

oh wow, scary stuff indeed. Good info on that post! It reminds me of CRISPR.

Thank you so much for answering the question!

Will definitely check that paper.

Thanks again!

Edit: No problem, the thread moves so fast it is easy to miss a post =)
edit on 25/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm in the US. A Facebook friend just posted asking whether anyone is now stocking up on supplies given the news today. So far there are 20 replies. 5 people had no idea what was going on and asked for info; they were then shocked to hear the CDC comments. 3 people said they aren't prepping and this is going to be nothing. The rest so far (12 so far) have all said they have been quietly stocking up and will be stocking up even more now. They had noticed others doing so too. I'm genuinely shocked by how many said they had been prepping as this was just a facebook post from a local real estate agent and not in a group that would have people more inclined to be prepared.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

5 people had no idea what was going on and asked for info; they were then shocked to hear the CDC comments.
a reply to: Mamana12

Lmao I am not suprised, we are talking about citizens of the United States, most who can’t even name the first POTUS of the United States.
edit on 25-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Lol yeah I mean I'm surprised by how many were prepping already (12) versus the ones who were oblivious (5). I would have expected most would be oblivious.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

Well that’s good to hear. Hopefully, things stay orderly, and all blows over soon.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: redpassion

No worries just keep in mind it is a research paper, he definitely got an A on it. He is being a little liberal with how herpes viruses operate and I have no idea what kind of signal could be used to activate the genes. He also focused on cancer, but anything could be possible with DNA. We do perform similar modifications in animal models and can turn genes on and off with meds or other genes.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Hope he didn't just jinx us.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
I was researching today how to make electrolyzed water (Hypochlorous Acid). Its easier than I thought and is a great survival tool to learn how to make your own disinfectant! I just ordered two graphite rods and already have a power supply.
Hypochlorous Acid Wiki

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I could be absolutely wrong but i have one weird feeling that around the end of April/beginning of May here in some places in Europe and also in some Places in USA there will be a lot of families, includind Daddy, Mummy, son and daughter opening small stores to sell food, drinks or maybe offering it to orphanages, oldpeople care homes, etc...

edit on 25-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If one were to start stocking up, how much—and for how long—should one plan for? Asking for a friend.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonMCG
If one were to start stocking up, how much—and for how long—should one plan for? Asking for a friend.

At Least Until the End of June!
edit on 25-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

He didn't jinx us. If this thing comes through, and I think it will. Deaths will happen. It's just a matter of how fast it hits.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonMCG

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I have always seen the DNA as a computer program. Especially after after I read about the function of "junk DNA". Can't find the page about the study, tried to search for it. It was like 3 or 4 years ago.

But it claimed that it controlled how other genes worked/functioned. It kinda reminded me of how a Global Constant, constants and variables in a computer program worked.

A similar news about it, but not the same: Link

Interesting field though.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
I could be absolutely wrong but i have one weird feeling that around the end of April/beginning of May here in some places in Europe and also in some Places in USA there will be a lot of families, includind Daddy, Mummy, son and daughter opening small stores to sell food, drinks or maybe offering it to orphanages, oldpeople care homes, etc...

Or maybe they can eat it and save the money they have at the time.

I personally will not sell any of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

This is a molecular biology primer to set you up to understand better how the machinery in your cells work. This series will be moving in to an update about how a virus uses this to reproduce itself, specifically the corona virus, but understanding this is the first step.

So if you don't recall any of this from your high school and college science, this is a good refresher.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

Huh, that is really cool and simple too. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonMCG

We're aiming for at least two months, but I don't know if that will be enough.

It looks like things may be starting to ease off in China, and they've been under quarantine there for about that long.

Hopefully, it won't be needed at all or not for nearly that long.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Am I the only one that really isn’t worried about coronavirus ?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh man. This virus (or viruses) are spreading like wildfire. Italy, South Korea and Iran are a kindling box!

This is reaching North Americas shores (already here in my opinion). Stock up and stay safe. I expect the US and Canada to take a severe hit in the next 7-10 days.

Some updated stats on the vulnerable:

top topics

<< 302  303  304    306  307  308 >>

join