It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Yep....some people can't grasp the fact China is lieing.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

My goodness. What are people doing for money over there? No work for a month, 75% of Americans work paycheck to paycheck here.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

But for the most part people I talk to or ask about seem to think this is a media hyped up ituation or a political angle by one fee action or another.

Nail on the head, and that blows my mind because up until this last week, its been a virtual blackout and all controlled information to downplay it.

They say THIS is being blown out of proportion, it seems they forgot what they did with SARS, MERS, SwineFlu, and a host of others.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: SailorJerry

Hey SJ a pirates life indeed we got to be sometimes, but your are correct in fact that most that live in the cities, survival of an emergency is a thoughtful waste of the mind. It's nice to see we are on the same page and same age bracket. I just can't imagine those under 17 how they would panic if no milk was in the fridge, since they actually think is produced in a store.

agreed, also I will respond to your message tomorrow , ive been really busy.

Please please if you can, also, instead of just shopping here and there for things, go get all you can NOW, ive noticed you guys keep going every other day to get some things.

For Japan its very quickly becoming a situation where you CANNOT do so, go get your canned goods and dry food my friend, and stock up on over the counter meds, i fear soon you will not be able to do so.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
ok. 20 minutes ago US soldier in South Korea tests positive for the viral entity. New York times....citty chatty

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Most Chinese people are habitual savers and live in parents home until married. They can last quite a numbers of months without a job. And sometimes they do quit and take 6 month or 1 year breaks.

They can’t really gap year like a college student might coz visa restrictions for traveling. But some take a year off and travel around China and some VISA free countries then find a new job. I would lose about 1-2 staff per year to this and as long as they were good staff we’d rehire them in my area.

link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: SailorJerry

Hey SJ a pirates life indeed we got to be sometimes, but your are correct in fact that most that live in the cities, survival of an emergency is a thoughtful waste of the mind. It's nice to see we are on the same page and same age bracket. I just can't imagine those under 17 how they would panic if no milk was in the fridge, since they actually think is produced in a store.

agreed, also I will respond to your message tomorrow , ive been really busy.

Please please if you can, also, instead of just shopping here and there for things, go get all you can NOW, ive noticed you guys keep going every other day to get some things.

For Japan its very quickly becoming a situation where you CANNOT do so, go get your canned goods and dry food my friend, and stock up on over the counter meds, i fear soon you will not be able to do so.

I'm on my way out the door now, thanks. I haven't seen the news all day, afraid too!

link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Thanks for the answer—appreciate it! I live alone in an apartment. I'm thinking of buying four-to-six weeks worth of non-perishables and a $300 worth of Huel/Soylent.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The change from February 15 to February 26.

February 15

February 26

Is it just me or does the situation look better now actually ...About 9000 less currently infected now, than was in Feb 15.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonMCG
a reply to: musicismagic

Thanks for the answer—appreciate it! I live alone in an apartment. I'm thinking of buying four-to-six weeks worth of non-perishables and a $300 worth of Huel/Soylent.

Dont do the Huel or soylent, its supremely over priced and doesnt taste good

If you want a protein supplement go to Redcon1 and buy a big jug of their powdered protein, mixes with milk or water and tastes amazing and is way more nutrient ritch............

Other than that, I recommend go buy cheap goods, cannd soups, powdered soups you can put in water, as others have mentioned, flour, cornmeal, dry pastas, hamburger you can freeze, dried milk and cheese, etc.........

Thats your best bet.......
edit on 2/25/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What part of "we don't have to die in order for this to cause big problems" don't you get?

I am fully capable of understanding that this isn't going to kill crazy high numbers of people, but it will make crazy numbers of us sick all at once if it hits here like it has in China. That's going to be as bad for a period of time as if they had all dropped dead because they won't be able to carry out daily functions, not only that but the rest of us will be confined to our homes trying to keep it from spreading further and knocking even more of us over.

Society comes to a halt in that situation. But it won't kill most of us, just make life very, very unpleasant.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
The change from February 15 to February 26.

February 15

February 26

Is it just me or does the situation look better now actually ...About 9000 less currently infected now, than was in Feb 15.

It's burned through the Chinese population. The problem lies in the fact that it has jumped borders and started to run through new populations.

Additionally, do you really trust the newest numbers coming out of China? They have already been caught manipulating data several times during this outbreak.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What part of "we don't have to die in order for this to cause big problems" don't you get?

I am fully capable of understanding that this isn't going to kill crazy high numbers of people, but it will make crazy numbers of us sick all at once if it hits here like it has in China. That's going to be as bad for a period of time as if they had all dropped dead because they won't be able to carry out daily functions, not only that but the rest of us will be confined to our homes trying to keep it from spreading further and knocking even more of us over.

Society comes to a halt in that situation. But it won't kill most of us, just make life very, very unpleasant.

We are in complete agreement on this.

This is what I gave up trying to explain to my brother. He like a lot of people is waiting for the authorities to say when. I tried to tell him that the CDC press deal this morning was the "when".

I feel that I am in a good spot, could be better of course. Other than my son being sick and my little bit of chest deal, I feel we as a family has made good moves to try to prepare for anything should it arrive.

Thank goodness for tax time..lol

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I don't think the numbers are quite accurate, but I can believe that it's starting to level off.

I think in Hubei and Wuhan especially there were likely a ton of cases we never knew about, so it's likely having a harder time finding new people to infect. That's going to slow it down. You may see another surge when they start going back to their normal daily activities and it manages to find a smaller fresh pool to infect, but it won't be nearly as large or as prolonged.

Meanwhile, we have to see what it will do in the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And there's still no guarantee that it will come through, but I do know that this is the first time I've seen my husband take it seriously, but he's been watching this for some time like I have.

His company has been watching and taking steps against this. They know.

I worry that he may have to travel, but with news of cases in Germany today ... well, that looks to be in doubt.

edit on 25-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It only has to do to us 1/100th of what it did to China, because china quarantined a majority of its population.........
Here in the US they wont do that, theyll RECOMMEND self quarantine, but people will still RUSH the medical system and overwhelm it.........we dont have the beds or equipment.......

We are already looking at shortages in hospital beds because of the flu season....

Imagine if only 1/4 of those in China who need intensive care, had to be in actual medical facility beds with extended medical treatment........

We dont see those numbers there because they CANT.........

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

This is a Fatality rate by age....don't know if its been posted yet.

Link

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Another video of Iran’s Deputy Health Minister, giving a televised interview yesterday - host is commenting about his coughing. Hard to believe someone in his position would put others at risk like this!

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Believe me, I know.

I've told my folks to stay in, and not to go in if they get sick, but to call and make sure. I told mom they don't want to play with it because they're both older with underlying health conditions, but they don't want to go in if they don't have it where people with it might be, and if they do have it, they don't want to go where people without it might be.

Call and find out how the doctor wants them to handle it, but don't wait thinking they'll beat it if they stick it out.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
Another video of Iran’s Deputy Health Minister, giving a televised interview yesterday - host is commenting about his coughing. Hard to believe someone in his position would put others at risk like this!

twitter.com...

The idiot is doing it out of bravado, and trying to show "strength".........meanwhile he exposed everyone there and looks like an ass.....

Imagine having Plague back in the day, and holding court to show "everything was ok" and infecting everyone........

Another point to show Iran is an archaic regime with foolish policies that are a detriment to its people.........

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join