It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your cats must not be very picky. Mine won't eat cheaper food. It's frustrating. Lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: sirlancelot

There are signs that things in Hubei is leveling off.

So it's been about two months there. We're going for at least two months of supplies and hoping we don't need them.

I think a good end to the Hubei time frame is when a passenger plane lands there from another country .

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Air Canada cancels flights to China until April as government braces for domestic coronavirus outbreak

Our Health Minister (in my mind, useless to date) has said today:

"Those measures are less effective and it's time to turn our attention and our resources to making sure we're prepared on the domestic stage," she said.

I have been quietly preparing and will get some more supplies tonight. Refill prescriptions. It’s winter here so we have been buying a few bags of firewood here and there in the event of any major power outage (just a good idea in general as we have had a few that lasted days to a week). We bought vitamins and electrolyte tabs, bleach, soap (bar laundry soap is a good idea), etc. Not panicking. Preparing as I expect things to get real here soon with the messages we have been receiving today.

I still haven’t seen the general public clue in yet, though. A guy at work today booked a cruise.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

At home we just have a black lab and a cat now, we used to have more but the cats were getting old. My son with epilepsy will be tough, he needs meds, only eats certain foods, if he has an event will an ambulance be available. Crazy to think about

I just called the wife and told her to pick up an extra bag of cat food and dog food.

We are pretty lucky about not having too serious of health problems. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that (ambulance that is) for you.

Scary times

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I just did my last minute shopping. I’m pretty broke most of the time, and a couple houseplants weren’t in the budget. But figured I’d make my home more homey if we’re to be inside reflecting on 2020...Central Coast, CA
Did manage to grab a 5 gallon jug (almost forgot).
Happy I remembered the kitty chow and litter (both bulk).
Other things 20 lb bag of rice. Disposable Gloves, TP. Etc.

Noticed both Walmart and Home Depot are out of masks...
Even with their posted signs mentioning: “Due to current events, Limit 2 per customer”. Guess they watch the news

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

So it's been about two months there. We're going for at least two months of supplies and hoping we don't need them.

I think a good end to the Hubei time frame is when a passenger plane lands there from another country .

I think it's a good end when people within an area can start to get their lives back to normal.

International travel isn't exactly necessary for normal.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
POMPEO ON CORONAVIRUS:

“Censorship can have deadly consequences.”

“All nations, including Iran, should tell the truth about the #coronavirus and cooperate with international aid organizations."

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Is it coincidental that Trump is in India at a time American businesses are reconsidering their economic dependency on Chinese production?
What if there is no such thing as a C? What if the US Deep Gov / PTB deliberately dropped a strain in China and one in Iran and one in Italy. But they would never do that would they!!!

I'm thinking it more likely that Iran dropped it on China, to try to implicate the USA and have them go at each other's throats. But China figured it out and returned the favor to Iran. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I think it's a good end when people within an area can start to get their lives back to normal.

Are things really normal If the world isn’t flying into a major city in China with a population so great ? Or we talking about a “new normal “?
edit on 25-2-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Hmmmm. Seems like that could’ve been fired off 6 weeks ago, and maybe A Certain Closed Political body could’ve been helped more.....

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

He should let the UN, Europe, China, Japan, North Korea, soon to be US and the rest of the planet know. The only honest stuff I see is in scientific journals from data that was allowed to be released.

link   
a reply to: texasgirl

We get 'em this, and we'll mix it with a standard Purina. They go nuts for the Taste stuff and haven't learned how to pick around the rest.

Do what you need to do to lay in enough for them, and they'll eat when they get hungry enough.

link   

originally posted by: solarone
I had a hospital appointment this morning, I've got to say the amount of people walking straight past the hand sanitisers despite flu and coronavirus signage everywhere was shocking.

I live with constant pain due to an autoimmune disease. I throughly cleaned both hands and my crutch I use to walk with only to have some ignorant POS caugh directly in my face as he walked past me. I lost my s#it right there and then with him. Honestly what the hell is wrong with some people.

Hah! The wife and I went to the local grocery store yesterday, and while walking through the parking lot saw a customer there taking her grocery bags and loading them into the hunting dog carrier in the back of her pickup truck. Now, just how sanitary do you think that is? This virus is landing in fertile fields.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If you live in a warm climate, or one that is warm sometimes, you have to take precautions against food weevils. Weevils don't FIND your food, they are a by-product of processing, and are shipped WITH your food. Sorry to tell everyone that didn't know...……… all your life you have been eating weevil eggs whenever you ate corn flour, wheat flour, pasta, rice, beans. Your pets have been eating them with their dried food.

So what do you do for long-term storage? Whenever you buy a grain product (and we are talking about Bisquik, pancake mix, rice mixes, etc. as well as corn flour, rice flour, wheat flour, dried pasta, beans, pet food, etc.) put them into a ziplock bag and freeze them for 24 hours. Freezing expands the weevil eggs, causing them to burst. After having put these things into a freezer for 24-hours, you can store them for a very long time without worry. I still keep them in the ziplock bags and write on them with a marker the date I purchased them. First in, first out. FIFO.

Brown rice will go bad fairly quickly. I prefer brown rice, but I store white rice, because it keeps much longer.

I live in the tropics, and I have flour stored that is more than four years old. No weevils. Never will be any, but I need to use that flour soon.

Be safe.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Are things really normal If the world isn’t flying into a major city in China with a population so great ? Or we talking about a “new normal “?

If you can go out of your house without fear of getting sick, does it matter to you if other countries are flying in to your city or not?

Understand, just because the epidemic has pretty much burned out in your area doesn't mean that other places are going to want to fly in right away. Cases will continue to circulate in the population for a while, and other places aren't going to want to risk spreading it to their own populations.

But life went on as normal in the world without being connected widely for centuries before we could fly halfway across the world in a day.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

If you can go out of your house without fear of getting sick, does it matter to you if other countries are flying in to your city or not?

Understand, just because the epidemic has pretty much burned out in your area doesn't mean that other places are going to want to fly in right away. Cases will continue to circulate in the population for a while, and other places aren't going to want to risk spreading it to their own populations.

But life went on as normal in the world without being connected widely for centuries before we could fly halfway across the world in a day.

So yeah a new normal, If just being able to leave your house is considered normal.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is the level of seriousness here in NOLA:

www.wwltv.com... e-7db304e52b8c
edit on 25-2-2020 by JSpader because: (no reason given)

Not sure why link isn’t working.
edit on 25-2-2020 by JSpader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JSpader

CDC Press Conference Today ....

Killing You Softly with a Song U.S. .

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The mayor's state of emergency allows the city to ramp up emergency planning, redirecting employees and resources in the case of an outbreak in San Francisco. While zero cases of the disease have originated in San Francisco so far, three people have been treated at local hospitals for COVID-19, according to the Chronicle.

link

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yeah agree.
Seems to me the first public dig at China about their handling of this

a reply to: slatesteam

new topics

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join