It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these creatures responsible for the 411 missing hikers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
I grew up with Warren Johnson son and have been to the location on several occasions....
That is very cool, did you experienced anything yourself?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

My first notion was that maybe Soviets or something was hiding deep and wanted to stay secret. Or US military or secret project and that was their way to scare the people off. Very strange indeed though.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
Back into the 1800's with a girl going missing at a lumber yard but i can't remember the details and tons of miners disappearing.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I grew up with Warren Johnson son and have been to the location on several occasions....

Wowww....We are fortunate to have you...With this reply you make us very curious...!!

Can you tell us some more about how you got a ticket to camp at that exclusive location and of course if you experienced some of the weird stuff. Did some other campers with who you hang out there tell you some stories we haven't heared yet?

Wait...I will get some pop corn and a cola...

I am ready if you are......
edit on 22/8/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Live out in a rural area and you'll hear some strange noises. Coyotes make some weird sounds around here.

A lot of newbies to the woods also hear Elk, they sound so many different ways they can scare a person to death when you were asleep in your tent!
Wish these guys would not have muddied the sounds by responding to the calls.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logiciel
These tapes should get peer reviewed. Until then I don't see how human voices (maybe amplified with a loudspeaker?) can be ruled out (Occam's rasor principle).
Maybe someone had reasons to want them out of this land...

The video says they did and it would be a creature larger than human by the ability to make those deeper tones.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel
The tapes were given to UCLA in the mid to late 70's... who stated it was no known animal , not mechanical ( faked) and outside of the range of humans on the low and high scale.
Ron has since had a linguist review the recordings, who confirmed not only multiple words, but sentences contained in the recordings. Ron was invited in in the 70's as he was a cook, who owned a restaurant and had several horses.
I went with Warren and David in the late 70's, then Dave and I made several trips in our late teens early 20's.

I had a prior experience close to the area around 1976. I then met Dave in middle school and that became our bond. He has countless first hand stories, and I just gave him the site info, he may be persuaded to chime in on this phenomenal story.

My first experience was with neighbors,who I went camping with, two of the adult males were Vietnam vets who ended up shooting at it all night, there was a aura of unreasonable fear that surrounds this creature, which was confirmed by Dave when we first met...like a fear spell from D and D we used to joke. Just about ten years ago I was watching a show debunking a haunted prison. The conjecture of the researches was that the prison architecture was a natural subsonic emitter. They did a blind study were they took visitors to the haunted prison, and then second prison location, where a mechanical subsonic emitter had been set up. the results were the same , the subjects complained of a unreasonable fear...the kind that makes you want to run away as fast as you can. This was a epiphany for me as I could now explain the reaction I had , and David had confirmed. Elephants communicate by sub harmonic frequencies, and Biggie is one huge specimen.

edit on 22-8-2019 by Knapperdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Besides that I am confused why they tried to draw attention to themselves while at the same time feeling threatened by this unknown "force". If it was me hiding in that "safehouse" i would be as quiet as a mouse.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Can you tell us some more about how you got a ticket to camp at that exclusive location

I don't think you need a ticket to hike (ride) into the wilderness. Most everyone I know has been all over those mountains, exploring back woods lakes, which there are many and trails.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You need to listen to the recordings...then try and sell the Elk angle...Warren and his brother Lewis, had hunted the region since the 50's...and there are no elk at this location.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Besides that I am confused why they tried to draw attention to themselves while at the same time feeling threatened by this unknown "force". If it was me hiding in that "safehouse" i would be as quiet as a mouse.

I agree if you were truly terrified you would be quiet not make noises back at the creature. So the fear may have been exaggerated or they felt fear when they heard it younger and now not as much. Either way it ruined the recording in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You need to listen to the recordings...then try and sell the Elk angle...Warren and his brother Lewis, had hunted the region since the 50's...and there are no elk at this location.

I wasn't saying it was an elk

But there should have been a lot and still elk in that area.

Tahoe Basin Chapter The mission of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation is to ensure the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage. Since 1984, we have protected and enhanced more than 7.4 million acres of wildlife habitat. We also support hunting heritage programs and help restore wild elk herds

www.rmef.org...
edit on 22-8-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

That was by figure of speach.. in the film the camper said that they did not take just anybody with them to this spot in the forest. That is why I used the word ticket...maybe I should have written "ticket" instead.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Wowww....We are fortunate to have you...With this reply you make us very curious...!!

Can you tell us some more about how you got a ticket to camp at that exclusive location and of course if you experienced some of the weird stuff. Did some other campers with who you hang out there tell you some stories we haven't heared yet?

Wait...I will get some pop corn and a cola...

I am ready if you are......
My ticket was I was best friends with Dave , and had a prior encounter close to the same area. Like I said ..maybe Dave will chime in ?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wait, what creatures? A land-based octopus? Is that like a land shark? All you have is some scary sounds.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Fascinating video. I'm 99% sure they're not making this up of course, but my first thought was a few Native Americans trying to scare them away. The voices were very deep and had human characteristics, reminding me of those nose singers that create very deep and very high pitched unnatural sounds.

Those mountain men obviously have no wish to shed public light on their camp, so that rules out any kind of fame and fortune angle, because that's usually the reason people do that; personal notoriety and/or tourism for a specific spot.

Light phenomena fascinates me. It's always around strangeness.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Wait, what creatures? A land-based octopus? Is that like a land shark? All you have is some scary sounds.

Of course it is all speculation because we do not know what kind of creature is making these noises. I mentioned the octopus as an example of what nature is capable of creating. Maybe there is a mammal / reptile "blessed" with such DNA and did such abillities like an octopus contribute to the fact that it could hide itself from being discovered to this day.

Yes you are right, all we have is some scary sound. But isn't it fun to speculate what it can be?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Text

I agree if you were truly terrified you would be quiet not make noises back at the creature. So the fear may have been exaggerated or they felt fear when they heard it younger and now not as much. Either way it ruined the recording in my opinion.[/quote]
There were multiple encounters over many years, at first it was very aggressive and territorial, trying to scare them and push them out. Later, Dave told me they would fill the bucket he used to collect pine cones for the stove in the morning after activity, and new wood would be tossed on the structure in spring when they would have to commonly rebuild and repair damage after a heavy snow pack.
A large majority of casts in California came from these guys, always around were the deer were hung, the took a rake and would manicure the ground for easy castings.
If you listen to the recordings you can hear the sounds of tin cans falling at the very beginning of some of the tract. This was a alarm to hit the record button...they would make a pyramid of cans and place some spam on top..Biggie loves spam, and you can also hear the smacking lips at first in some tracts.
The microphone was actually hung in the trees just above the "kitchen" maybe 5 or 6 yards from the shelter... so Biggie is right next to the microphone , which is why these tapes are so different than others...the voice you hear is warren stepping out of the shelter and talking back to him, those are from the calmer years after the initial aggression.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The recording in the video where they are mimicking Biggie and conversing, is the only recording that the microphone is closer to the men than it is to Biggie.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

here is a better one...sorry I could not embed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join